Notices

Official 2012 Patriots/NFL Thread Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2013, 09:41 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
In my mind the trouble started with Talib going down ...

The pass Welker dropped early in the 2nd half seemed to begin the Pats decline. Seemed like they were establishing momentum ... but it was subsequently lost to the Ravens. From there, the combination of the Pats defense which couldn't make a big play together with some badly timed penalties seemed to give Baltimore more of an edge.

The bungled timeout at the end of the 1st half didn't help, and the unfortunate fumble by Ridley hurt ... but the Pats still had a chance until Brady's 4Q interception iced it.

The Pats only scored once in 5 chances from the 25 in and that tells most of the story.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
^ I don't trust Ridley. I think Vereen is the way to go. But honestly. Are any of our backs studs?

Our LBs aren't physical enough.
Pass first offense, and they have a
Pretty damn good running game to compliment it. Far from a concern, just like the LBs.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Mione134

I disagree.

Oh well.

Let's hope Bill drafts better now. No more "best player available" crap no matter if you need his services or not.

Build off what you did last year. I don't want to use injuries as an excuse but losing Dane Fletcher,Edleman, Gronk, Chung, Jones, Talib, our O line being banged up etc we just are not a better tran without these guys.

I believe if Jones, Talib, Gronk & Edleman are I'm there today we sneak out the win.

Losing to anyone sucks. Losing to the Ravens with Pollard, Lewis and friggen JOE FLACCO?

Ugh

Old
01-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Bill Belichick declined a postgame interview with CBS
"Bill, how does it feel to make it this far and lose?"

I don't mind that he skipped out on answering dumb questions like that.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

Atleast we have the bruins

Old
01-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf8188 View Post
"Bill, how does it feel to make it this far and lose?"

I don't mind that he skipped out on answering dumb questions like that.
Whether he likes it or not its basically his job to answer those dumb questions. All this does is further show that he is a sore loser and acts like a baby.

Old
01-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Shaun

hopefully we won't see edelman or woodhead again.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Guiledoom
Formerly JRull86

Quote:
I disagree.

Oh well.

Let's hope Bill drafts better now. No more "best player available" crap no matter if you need his services or not.

Build off what you did last year. I don't want to use injuries as an excuse but losing Dane Fletcher,Edleman, Gronk, Chung, Jones, Talib, our O line being banged up etc we just are not a better tran without these guys.

I believe if Jones, Talib, Gronk & Edleman are I'm there today we sneak out the win.

Losing to anyone sucks. Losing to the Ravens with Pollard, Lewis and friggen JOE FLACCO?

Ugh
Losing Chung and Dane freaking Fletcher are not why they lost.

They lost because the defense was horrible after Talib went down. Brady played horrible. Welker drop. Having no good kick returner yet again. Sure glad they used that limited IR spot on viscante schianco instead of Jeff Demps.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:03 PM
scotiahockey
HFB Partner

Send a message via AIM to scotiahockey Send a message via MSN to scotiahockey Send a message via Yahoo to scotiahockey Send a message via Skype™ to scotiahockey
The killer was Hernandez NOT running out of bounds at the end of the 1st half. Stop the clock, have 2 T.O.s instead of one. Welkers 2 drops were big, like the SB last year?

The D was not able to create pressure on the QB, and after Chung and Talib went down, they couldn't cover anyone either. Depth is part of the game and the Patriots didn't have any in the secondary.

No execution means no Super Bowl for the Patriots this year.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:07 PM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRull86 View Post
Losing Chung and Dane freaking Fletcher are not why they lost.

They lost because the defense was horrible after Talib went down. Brady played horrible. Welker drop. Having no good kick returner yet again. Sure glad they used that limited IR spot on viscante schianco instead of Jeff Demps.
I'm not saying losing Dane was why we lost, he's apart of the players who I believe would have made an impact in the game as ive said all along. These players would have helped, yes even fletcher.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:30 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
Whether he likes it or not its basically his job to answer those dumb questions. All this does is further show that he is a sore loser and acts like a baby.
Nothing wrong with being a sore loser.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
Nothing wrong with being a sore loser.
I guess. Sore losers are a huge pet peeve of mine. If you can stand winning with the glory you should be able to stand up with grace in losing. Just the way I was brought up by my coaches.

Old
01-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Hope Randy Moss gets his ring finally

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-20-2013, 10:50 PM
VeddarRants
HEART AND SOUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I guess. Sore losers are a huge pet peeve of mine. If you can stand winning with the glory you should be able to stand up with grace in losing. Just the way I was brought up by my coaches.
I don't believe in gracefully losing. It should hurt. It should be painful. It should piss you off and make you angry. It should also motivate and help make you better the next time around. Bill's the best of all-time. If he doesn't want to give another same ole-same ole round robin of questions he's heard a million times before, then he shouldn't have to. He's earned enough of my respect to know how he feels without having to hear it prodded out of him by a canned response by a half-wit reporter looking for a sound byte.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
Mongo
Mongo likes candy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeddarRants View Post
I don't believe in gracefully losing. It should hurt. It should be painful. It should piss you off and make you angry. It should also motivate and help make you better the next time around. Bill's the best of all-time. If he doesn't want to give another same ole-same ole round robin of questions he's heard a million times before, then he shouldn't have to. He's earned enough of my respect to know how he feels without having to hear it prodded out of him by a canned response by a half-wit reporter looking for a sound byte.
Well you can have all that and still not be a sore loser. Id assume most know what it is to lose and im sure for most of us that are very competitive know that losing hurts. I just don't feel that should allow someone to be a sore loser.

We can agree to disagree because tonight sucks to be a Patriot fan.

Old
01-20-2013, 11:10 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Hope Randy Moss gets his ring finally

Agreed.

I feel like the organization has a lot of bad karma for mistreating him and Welker and not giving them deals they earned on the field.

Unfortunately the fact of the matter is Tom Brady being clutch is so 10 years ago. The guy has been getting progressively worse in big situations. Last 5 years he is a bigger choker than anyone has ever been. I know 3 rings can change that but it was a long time ago and noone on the roster other than him has a SB ring...in many ways b/c of him. He has not looked like close to the best QB in football in the big spots. It sucks.

I would love to give the Ravens credit... BUT...they have played better against us each of the 3 prior games in the last 2 seasons. Thats the worst the Ravens have played us and they still won.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:53 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Atleast we have the bruins
Yup

still sad tho. HATE the Ravens and I HATE all this losing for BB & Brady

Old
01-21-2013, 01:56 AM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post

Agreed.

I feel like the organization has a lot of bad karma for mistreating him and Welker and not giving them deals they earned on the field.

Unfortunately the fact of the matter is Tom Brady being clutch is so 10 years ago. The guy has been getting progressively worse in big situations. Last 5 years he is a bigger choker than anyone has ever been. I know 3 rings can change that but it was a long time ago and noone on the roster other than him has a SB ring...in many ways b/c of him. He has not looked like close to the best QB in football in the big spots. It sucks.

I would love to give the Ravens credit... BUT...they have played better against us each of the 3 prior games in the last 2 seasons. Thats the worst the Ravens have played us and they still won.

I still think Brady is clutch, he just makes stupid decisions. Like that 4th and whatever it was. All he had to do was keep running and he would of had the first down. Just mental mistakes. They didnt play up to par today. It was a meltdown. They just never looked comfortable.

Their superbowl was played against Houston...twice. They showed up for that, but didn't for Bmore, and while I think they're a good team, they are beatable, and if the same Pats team showed up we would have won.

Everyone is held accountable. But when Welker is your #1..its a problem. Without Welker this offense is not the same. They better sign him and find a legit #2..pref someone over 5"11. Lloyd isnt it man. Just thinking about this loss is so..frustrating. You can't keep doing this.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:35 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Yeah cuz Brady dropped the momentum changing first down catch

Old
01-21-2013, 03:00 AM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Here is my post from a football forum

Chung, Arrington ---- GONE
Bring back Talib ---- We saw how bad we were without him
Try and resign Vollmer ---- Awesome RT
Resign Welker to a manageable deal ---- or let him walk

We need to make some trades and get some picks. When I watch games I don't really look for needs(against the niners I saw the DB need) however this game the needs were glaring.

- Impact DL ---- either a DT to help Wilfork or another guy in the end to take some of the pressure off of Jones & Wilfork

- DB ----- NEED S help Gregory and Chung are HORRIBLE....McCourty is good but we need help back there. IDK if drafting one is a 1st or 2nd round move considering we drafted Wilson last year but we need S help. Maybe a FA.

We also need CB help Dennard and Talib are good. If Talib goes this could be a 1st or 2nd round pick. If he stays we need depth. I like Martin and Dowling but IDK how much they can contribute. If Talib stays sign a vet and draft a CB in the lower rounds.

- WR ---- I won't lie I NEVER liked this team getting rid of Moss. NEVER. regardless of Welker staying we need a tall WR that will spread the field and be a deep threat. If we resign Welker tell him he is the #2 slot WR then have the downfield threat be the #1 lloyd #3 and Edelman #4 with Slater as #5. Branch so long it's been nice. If a WR drops I say maybe snag em. But I feel that our 1st SHOULD be a defensive player.

- OL ---- This OL has done real well during the season. Mankins is the perrenial all star and Solder is an upcoming player. Wendell really stood out to me today. This is not really a need. If Vollmer leaves it becomes bigger. The only thing I would say is upgrade Connolly. He's good but is injured a lot.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:03 AM
bostonphoenix

I think its time to get rid of Brady.

Bring in a different strong QB for shorter money. Use extra money to get better players.

Losing like we did to the ravens is not very good.

you don't lose the game by 14 points and blame one person. But god damn it, I blame brady completely.

Last edited by bostonphoenix: 01-21-2013 at 03:16 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 05:37 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
I still think Brady is clutch, he just makes stupid decisions. Like that 4th and whatever it was. All he had to do was keep running and he would of had the first down. Just mental mistakes. They didnt play up to par today. It was a meltdown. They just never looked comfortable.

Their superbowl was played against Houston...twice. They showed up for that, but didn't for Bmore, and while I think they're a good team, they are beatable, and if the same Pats team showed up we would have won.

Everyone is held accountable. But when Welker is your #1..its a problem. Without Welker this offense is not the same. They better sign him and find a legit #2..pref someone over 5"11. Lloyd isnt it man. Just thinking about this loss is so..frustrating. You can't keep doing this.
Well...I do agree on Welker and in tight games him being the #1 and getting the brunt of the attention is annoying.

But there isn't enough balls to go around for a "real" #1 after what him, Hernandez, and Gronk are going to get. So while I'd like better than Lloyd he is the 4th receiving option (fifth if you count the RB) and he's pretty good for that. I'll live with the pieces on offense but would like another good lineman or two.

And I think Bradys skill is finding the open man and making the correct read between Hernandez, Gronk, Welker, or the running back. One is going to be open and TB12 will find him. His strength is not throwing 15-20 yard out routes. (We don't have Bolden or Calvin Johnson though so it doesn't matter and we'll play to our strengths,)

Screwing up all those 3rd and 2s is on Brady. He's seen that defense how many times? Some of its McDaniels but he can always audible to something else.

The guy refuses to put the knife to the throat of teams in big games. He'll do it in December but not a huge playoff game. We should have lost last year but not today a lot of this is on him.

Oh well, if the D improves we should get out of the AFC next year. Not sure which AFC team will beat us. Maybe we get lucky and see a team that isn't as good as San Fran in the big game. It would have taken a much better effort than last nights to beat the Niners (you can't settle for FGs against them since the D is guaranteed plenty of stops and their offense is great.)

I will enjoy rooting for Kaepernick and Moss and look forward to next year.

Old
01-21-2013, 05:38 AM
Caballo Blanco
2014 Conn Smythe

Bring in Tebow

Old
01-21-2013, 06:00 AM
Latrappe
Selke winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
In my mind the trouble started with Talib going down ...

The pass Welker dropped early in the 2nd half seemed to begin the Pats decline. Seemed like they were establishing momentum ... but it was subsequently lost to the Ravens. From there, the combination of the Pats defense which couldn't make a big play together with some badly timed penalties seemed to give Baltimore more of an edge.

The bungled timeout at the end of the 1st half didn't help, and the unfortunate fumble by Ridley hurt ... but the Pats still had a chance until Brady's 4Q interception iced it.

The Pats only scored once in 5 chances from the 25 in and that tells most of the story.
The Pats never had a good defense. They only thing they had was the " illusion " of... As you stated, the departure of Talib showed Pats's lack of depth at this position and Baltimore was smart enough to exploit that weakness On the other hand, Brady become more and more erratic in key games while Belichick " star power " start to decline. Even with a win, i don't think the Pats had what it take to beat SF. The 49ers are a well balanced team and it take a very, very good defense to keep their offense honest. Even Baltimore will have a hard time to contain Kaepernick and the read option. There's so many offensive weapons available for Kaepernick that the guy would have feast on Pats's secondary. If you add that the 49ers were resilient enough to overcome a 0-17 deficit, well...

Last edited by Latrappe: 01-21-2013 at 06:07 AM.
Old
01-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Mione134

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Well...I do agree on Welker and in tight games him being the #1 and getting the brunt of the attention is annoying.

But there isn't enough balls to go around for a "real" #1 after what him, Hernandez, and Gronk are going to get. So while I'd like better than Lloyd he is the 4th receiving option (fifth if you count the RB) and he's pretty good for that. I'll live with the pieces on offense but would like another good lineman or two.

And I think Bradys skill is finding the open man and making the correct read between Hernandez, Gronk, Welker, or the running back. One is going to be open and TB12 will find him. His strength is not throwing 15-20 yard out routes. (We don't have Bolden or Calvin Johnson though so it doesn't matter and we'll play to our strengths,)

Screwing up all those 3rd and 2s is on Brady. He's seen that defense how many times? Some of its McDaniels but he can always audible to something else.

The guy refuses to put the knife to the throat of teams in big games. He'll do it in December but not a huge playoff game. We should have lost last year but not today a lot of this is on him.

Oh well, if the D improves we should get out of the AFC next year. Not sure which AFC team will beat us. Maybe we get lucky and see a team that isn't as good as San Fran in the big game. It would have taken a much better effort than last nights to beat the Niners (you can't settle for FGs against them since the D is guaranteed plenty of stops and their offense is great.)

I will enjoy rooting for Kaepernick and Moss and look forward to next year.

I find that this team has a lack of urgency when it comes to scoring. They become complacent. The dreaded "hurried up" offense that works so well for us, didnt even look "hurried up". They just never looked like themselves. I wish they had that type of drive, that time of cockyness we had back during the SB days with Rodney etc. They had the killer instinct. To go for the jugular. This team plays too 'nice. Get some players in here to be jerks. Pollard plays like a jerk, but it suits him well. Get some guys who can intimidate. Who can makes guys think twice. We've got nobody doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Bring in Tebow
I would take him. I'm sure we can develop him into something good. Maybe use his good karma for the team.

Closed Thread