HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home opener vs Bolts

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
  #26
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
I'm at practice, and while I'm probably a very poor judge of what's going on out there I'm getting a real sense of, "let's throw **** at the wall to see what sticks."

PaulProteus is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
  #27
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 28,872
vCash: 500
Quick let's overract to PRACTICE now. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not ... Not the game that they go out there and die for and play every game like it's their last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
I'm at practice, and while I'm probably a very poor judge of what's going on out there I'm getting a real sense of, "let's throw **** at the wall to see what sticks."
And there's nothing wrong with this. The first few games are basically going to be exhibition and seeing what works. For everyone.

What the Faulk is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
  #28
bleedgreen
Moderator
 
bleedgreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: colorado
Posts: 10,817
vCash: 500
We'll see how it actually turns out. Bowman deserves boychuks spot for a game. Dalpe doesn't deserve the boot ifit happens. Skinner on the third in a position other than center is dumb. I'm not buying any of this till we hear the actual for the game for sure, and even then in a 48 game schedule if you're gonna mix it all up do it early.

I'd maintain they looked decent in the second half the other night, and maybe didn't need much changing.

bleedgreen is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
  #29
Gr8Dan
Registered User
 
Gr8Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
We'll see how it actually turns out. Bowman deserves boychuks spot for a game. Dalpe doesn't deserve the boot ifit happens. Skinner on the third in a position other than center is dumb. I'm not buying any of this till we hear the actual for the game for sure, and even then in a 48 game schedule if you're gonna mix it all up do it early.

I'd maintain they looked decent in the second half the other night, and maybe didn't need much changing.
Yeah they looked decent in the 2nd, Corvo effed them up with all the penalties and the PK sucked

Gr8Dan is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
  #30
Novacane
LOCK
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 18,606
vCash: 500
Please Muller, for the love of God, take Corvo out of the lineup for Tuesday. You won't regret the decision Kirk...

Novacane is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 12:57 PM
  #31
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
And there's nothing wrong with this. The first few games are basically going to be exhibition and seeing what works. For everyone.
Oh, no argument from me. Not after that one week "camp" coaches got to enjoy.

PaulProteus is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
  #32
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman
 
PaulProteus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,104
vCash: 500
Muller -> icechip -> MSmithCanes summary amalgamation:

Dalpe is sick.
Ward gets the start.
Muller expects Ward to bounce back.
Expect some changes to D pairings.

PaulProteus is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
  #33
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
Muller -> icechip -> MSmithCanes summary amalgamation:

Dalpe is sick.
That's what I was speculating on the previous page. Muller probably wanted to make a couple of changes, but with Dalpe sick, had to do more juggling than anticipated. Have to wait and see what happens at gametime.

Boom Boom Anton is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 01:13 PM
  #34
Novacane
LOCK
 
Novacane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 18,606
vCash: 500
We should come out strong this game compared to TBL who are playing the Islanders in New York today.

Novacane is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
  #35
Lucky Lindy
Registered User
 
Lucky Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,624
vCash: 500
Funny that Tampa has their own Joe Corvo in Brian Lee, will be great to see who's worst tomorrow!

Lucky Lindy is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
  #36
impeach estaalo
Registered User
 
impeach estaalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 11,032
vCash: 500
Gleason-Faulk
Pitkanen-Sanguinetti
Harrison-Corvo

Tripp: "Muller has decided to make a change on D and pair Harrison with Corvo. This isn't an indictment of Corvo. There were some real tough plays against Florida that really weren't his fault. With the chemistry that Tim and Joe show, I wouldn't be surprised to see Corvo back on the top pairing soon and being the elite shut-down two-way defenseman that we all know he can be. This bit of adversity could be a watershed moment for this hockey team."

John: "That's right, Tripp. Corvo and Timmy Gleason have been a formidable shutdown pairing for years. In the '10-'11 season they finished a combined -25, which is a great number."

Tripp: "Indeed it is. Joe Corvo brings the skating ability to keep up with the top forwards in the NHL. We all remember that game where he shut down Alex Ovechkin almost four years ago. What a performance. What. A. Performance."

*Five minutes into the game, Sanguinetti is skating the puck out of the defensive zone when he turns around and rifles a slapshot past Cam Ward.*


Tripp: "That's a tough play. A tough play. If you watch the replay, you can see that Pitkanen's pass is a few inches ahead of Sanguinetti, which means he has to reach forward to receive the puck. You have to think that Joni's bad play may have interrupted Sanguinetti's thought process and made him totally unaware that he and Cam Ward were on the same team. These are the types of things that a young defenseman will learn from...you have to be aware when Joni's on the ice that he is going to make a pass and you may have to put yourself into a position to receive it. From an objective standpoint, Joni Pitkanen carries the lion's share of blame for this goal."


Last edited by impeach estaalo: 01-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
impeach estaalo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 04:04 PM
  #37
Lazyking
Never Forget
 
Lazyking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
fine with the above lines..

Lazyking is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
  #38
Anton Dubinchuk
yeeeeee
 
Anton Dubinchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
Gleason-Faulk
Pitkanen-Sanguinetti
Harrison-Corvo

Tripp: "Muller has decided to make a change on D and pair Harrison with Corvo. This isn't an indictment of Corvo. There were some real tough plays against Florida that really weren't his fault. With the chemistry that Tim and Joe show, I wouldn't be surprised to see Corvo back on the top pairing soon and being the elite shut-down two-way defenseman that we all know he can be. This bit of adversity could be a watershed moment for this hockey team."

John: "That's right, Tripp. Corvo and Timmy Gleason have been a formidable shutdown pairing for years. In the '10-'11 season they finished a combined -25, which is a great number."

Tripp: "Indeed it is. Joe Corvo brings the skating ability to keep up with the top forwards in the NHL. We all remember that game where he shut down Alex Ovechkin almost four years ago. What a performance. What. A. Performance."

*Five minutes into the game, Sanguinetti is skating the puck out of the defensive zone when he turns around and rifles a slapshot past Cam Ward.*


Tripp: "That's a tough play. A tough play. If you watch the replay, you can see that Pitkanen's pass is a few inches ahead of Sanguinetti, which means he has to reach forward to receive the puck. You have to think that Joni's bad play may have interrupted Sanguinetti's thought process and made him totally unaware that he and Cam Ward were on the same team. These are the types of things that a young defenseman will learn from...you have to be aware when Joni's on the ice that he is going to make a pass and you may have to put yourself into a position to receive it. From an objective standpoint, Joni Pitkanen carries the lion's share of blame for this goal."
Damn you're funny...

Anton Dubinchuk is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
  #39
Caniac1234
Registered User
 
Caniac1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Raleigh,NC
Country: United States
Posts: 84
vCash: 500
Those D pairing scare the **** out of me.

Id like to see these lines

Bowman-Eric-semin
Jokinen-jordan-skinner
tlusty-dalpe-larose
westgarth-brent-dwyer

Pitkanen faulk
gleason mcbain
harrison corvo


And what was your guys thoughts on Semin's play against FLA?I thought he looked pretty good.

Caniac1234 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 06:10 PM
  #40
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP
 
Stephen Goalbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,515
vCash: 500
Everone was so upset on Saturday! I think it's somehting the team was aware of and started playing well after the first 20. I think if we keep cheering these guys will get it done out there.

Stephen Goalbert is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
  #41
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP
 
Stephen Goalbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,515
vCash: 500
Last night was not as great as I expected, but the Wings, Canucks or Kings can tell the same. You win and lose as a team, so don't blame the individual players and let's focus on Tuesday. We are only 2 points out of playoff spot, it's not so bad

Stephen Goalbert is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 06:12 PM
  #42
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP
 
Stephen Goalbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,515
vCash: 500
who were those players on the ice tonight? not the canes I know and love! btw, I did the cool bar thing with tonight at the carolina ale house in cary... I waited for over 2 hours for a table and I was in a wheelchair. Everyone that had come in before and after us were seated or gone. They had one table open for half an hour. They also called people's parties at a minimum of 5 times when it was highly obvious the group was no longer needing a table.

The ONLY reason I stayed is because I had bought raffle tickets. I saw 2/3's of the game from the lobby. I will no longer be attempting to try for another cool bar.

Stephen Goalbert is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
  #43
rdp06c
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5
vCash: 500
Should be getting Garon from the Bolts tomorrow. Hopefully he's a little rusty.

rdp06c is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
  #44
Sens1Canes2
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 6,194
vCash: 500
****ing Mo, already demoted Boychuk to the 4th line.

Sens1Canes2 is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 PM
  #45
HisIceness
Michal Jordan
 
HisIceness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Charlotte
Country: United States
Posts: 7,231
vCash: 500
Sounds like the game will be close to a sellout if it isn't already.

HisIceness is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
  #46
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?
 
Finlandia WOAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Raleigh NC
Country: United States
Posts: 9,567
vCash: 500
They said last Thurs that only standing room tickets remained.

Though how many of those were scalpers I am not sure.

Finlandia WOAT is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
  #47
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks
 
The Fear Boners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Scrip Club
Country: United States
Posts: 20,097
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennay Kekua View Post
this is just... please don't do this again please

The Fear Boners is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 01:12 AM
  #48
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady
 
What the Faulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: North Carolina
Country: United States
Posts: 28,872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan The Parade View Post
They said last Thurs that only standing room tickets remained.

Though how many of those were scalpers I am not sure.
There's like 1,000-1,500 tickets on Stubhub for every game. Not a bad place to look if you're dying for tickets.

What the Faulk is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
  #49
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator
 
tarheelhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Triangle
Country: United States
Posts: 34,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
who were those players on the ice tonight? not the canes I know and love! btw, I did the cool bar thing with tonight at the carolina ale house in cary... I waited for over 2 hours for a table and I was in a wheelchair. Everyone that had come in before and after us were seated or gone. They had one table open for half an hour. They also called people's parties at a minimum of 5 times when it was highly obvious the group was no longer needing a table.

The ONLY reason I stayed is because I had bought raffle tickets. I saw 2/3's of the game from the lobby. I will no longer be attempting to try for another cool bar.
Two HOURS!? You've got a hell of a lot more patience than I do.

tarheelhockey is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:12 AM
  #50
Boom Boom Anton
Registered User
 
Boom Boom Anton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,004
vCash: 500
I just bought two extra tickets yesterday using my STH account and the code they emailed us for 50% off. I just went on there again now and was easily able to find two in LL north and two in 328. Maybe they reserved a bucket of tickets for STHs to purchase extras?

EDIT: Even going to CH.com and looking for tickets to individual games, there are still tickets available. It is pretty sparse, but there are more than just single seats available in both the LL and UL.


Last edited by Boom Boom Anton: 01-22-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Boom Boom Anton is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.