HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Home opener vs Bolts

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

vCash: 500
I'm at practice, and while I'm probably a very poor judge of what's going on out there I'm getting a real sense of, "let's throw **** at the wall to see what sticks."

Old
01-21-2013, 12:22 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quick let's overract to PRACTICE now. I mean, listen, we're talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, we talking about practice. Not a game. Not, not ... Not the game that they go out there and die for and play every game like it's their last. Not the game, but we're talking about practice, man. I mean, how silly is that? ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
I'm at practice, and while I'm probably a very poor judge of what's going on out there I'm getting a real sense of, "let's throw **** at the wall to see what sticks."
And there's nothing wrong with this. The first few games are basically going to be exhibition and seeing what works. For everyone.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:28 PM
bleedgreen

We'll see how it actually turns out. Bowman deserves boychuks spot for a game. Dalpe doesn't deserve the boot ifit happens. Skinner on the third in a position other than center is dumb. I'm not buying any of this till we hear the actual for the game for sure, and even then in a 48 game schedule if you're gonna mix it all up do it early.

I'd maintain they looked decent in the second half the other night, and maybe didn't need much changing.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:33 PM
Gr8Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedgreen View Post
We'll see how it actually turns out. Bowman deserves boychuks spot for a game. Dalpe doesn't deserve the boot ifit happens. Skinner on the third in a position other than center is dumb. I'm not buying any of this till we hear the actual for the game for sure, and even then in a 48 game schedule if you're gonna mix it all up do it early.

I'd maintain they looked decent in the second half the other night, and maybe didn't need much changing.
Yeah they looked decent in the 2nd, Corvo effed them up with all the penalties and the PK sucked

Old
01-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Novacane
LOCK

Please Muller, for the love of God, take Corvo out of the lineup for Tuesday. You won't regret the decision Kirk...

Old
01-21-2013, 12:57 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Quote:
Originally Posted by What the Faulk View Post
And there's nothing wrong with this. The first few games are basically going to be exhibition and seeing what works. For everyone.
Oh, no argument from me. Not after that one week "camp" coaches got to enjoy.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:02 PM
PaulProteus
****ing amaxing dman

Muller -> icechip -> MSmithCanes summary amalgamation:

Dalpe is sick.
Ward gets the start.
Muller expects Ward to bounce back.
Expect some changes to D pairings.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:05 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulProteus View Post
Muller -> icechip -> MSmithCanes summary amalgamation:

Dalpe is sick.
That's what I was speculating on the previous page. Muller probably wanted to make a couple of changes, but with Dalpe sick, had to do more juggling than anticipated. Have to wait and see what happens at gametime.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Novacane
LOCK

We should come out strong this game compared to TBL who are playing the Islanders in New York today.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
Lucky Lindy

Funny that Tampa has their own Joe Corvo in Brian Lee, will be great to see who's worst tomorrow!

Old
01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
impeach estaalo

Gleason-Faulk
Pitkanen-Sanguinetti
Harrison-Corvo

Tripp: "Muller has decided to make a change on D and pair Harrison with Corvo. This isn't an indictment of Corvo. There were some real tough plays against Florida that really weren't his fault. With the chemistry that Tim and Joe show, I wouldn't be surprised to see Corvo back on the top pairing soon and being the elite shut-down two-way defenseman that we all know he can be. This bit of adversity could be a watershed moment for this hockey team."

John: "That's right, Tripp. Corvo and Timmy Gleason have been a formidable shutdown pairing for years. In the '10-'11 season they finished a combined -25, which is a great number."

Tripp: "Indeed it is. Joe Corvo brings the skating ability to keep up with the top forwards in the NHL. We all remember that game where he shut down Alex Ovechkin almost four years ago. What a performance. What. A. Performance."

*Five minutes into the game, Sanguinetti is skating the puck out of the defensive zone when he turns around and rifles a slapshot past Cam Ward.*

Tripp: "That's a tough play. A tough play. If you watch the replay, you can see that Pitkanen's pass is a few inches ahead of Sanguinetti, which means he has to reach forward to receive the puck. You have to think that Joni's bad play may have interrupted Sanguinetti's thought process and made him totally unaware that he and Cam Ward were on the same team. These are the types of things that a young defenseman will learn from...you have to be aware when Joni's on the ice that he is going to make a pass and you may have to put yourself into a position to receive it. From an objective standpoint, Joni Pitkanen carries the lion's share of blame for this goal."

Last edited by impeach estaalo: 01-21-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

fine with the above lines..

Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
yeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu View Post
Gleason-Faulk
Pitkanen-Sanguinetti
Harrison-Corvo

Tripp: "Muller has decided to make a change on D and pair Harrison with Corvo. This isn't an indictment of Corvo. There were some real tough plays against Florida that really weren't his fault. With the chemistry that Tim and Joe show, I wouldn't be surprised to see Corvo back on the top pairing soon and being the elite shut-down two-way defenseman that we all know he can be. This bit of adversity could be a watershed moment for this hockey team."

John: "That's right, Tripp. Corvo and Timmy Gleason have been a formidable shutdown pairing for years. In the '10-'11 season they finished a combined -25, which is a great number."

Tripp: "Indeed it is. Joe Corvo brings the skating ability to keep up with the top forwards in the NHL. We all remember that game where he shut down Alex Ovechkin almost four years ago. What a performance. What. A. Performance."

*Five minutes into the game, Sanguinetti is skating the puck out of the defensive zone when he turns around and rifles a slapshot past Cam Ward.*

Tripp: "That's a tough play. A tough play. If you watch the replay, you can see that Pitkanen's pass is a few inches ahead of Sanguinetti, which means he has to reach forward to receive the puck. You have to think that Joni's bad play may have interrupted Sanguinetti's thought process and made him totally unaware that he and Cam Ward were on the same team. These are the types of things that a young defenseman will learn from...you have to be aware when Joni's on the ice that he is going to make a pass and you may have to put yourself into a position to receive it. From an objective standpoint, Joni Pitkanen carries the lion's share of blame for this goal."
Damn you're funny...

Old
01-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Caniac1234

Those D pairing scare the **** out of me.

Id like to see these lines

Bowman-Eric-semin
Jokinen-jordan-skinner
tlusty-dalpe-larose
westgarth-brent-dwyer

Pitkanen faulk
gleason mcbain
harrison corvo

And what was your guys thoughts on Semin's play against FLA?I thought he looked pretty good.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Everone was so upset on Saturday! I think it's somehting the team was aware of and started playing well after the first 20. I think if we keep cheering these guys will get it done out there.

Old
01-21-2013, 06:11 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

Last night was not as great as I expected, but the Wings, Canucks or Kings can tell the same. You win and lose as a team, so don't blame the individual players and let's focus on Tuesday. We are only 2 points out of playoff spot, it's not so bad

Old
01-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Stephen Goalbert
Formerly CMP

who were those players on the ice tonight? not the canes I know and love! btw, I did the cool bar thing with tonight at the carolina ale house in cary... I waited for over 2 hours for a table and I was in a wheelchair. Everyone that had come in before and after us were seated or gone. They had one table open for half an hour. They also called people's parties at a minimum of 5 times when it was highly obvious the group was no longer needing a table.

The ONLY reason I stayed is because I had bought raffle tickets. I saw 2/3's of the game from the lobby. I will no longer be attempting to try for another cool bar.

Old
01-21-2013, 07:10 PM
rdp06c

Should be getting Garon from the Bolts tomorrow. Hopefully he's a little rusty.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 PM
Sens1Canes2

****ing Mo, already demoted Boychuk to the 4th line.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:24 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Sounds like the game will be close to a sellout if it isn't already.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

They said last Thurs that only standing room tickets remained.

Though how many of those were scalpers I am not sure.

Old
01-22-2013, 12:04 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennay Kekua View Post
this is just... please don't do this again please

Old
01-22-2013, 01:12 AM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan The Parade View Post
They said last Thurs that only standing room tickets remained.

Though how many of those were scalpers I am not sure.
There's like 1,000-1,500 tickets on Stubhub for every game. Not a bad place to look if you're dying for tickets.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:54 AM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shutdown Sutter View Post
who were those players on the ice tonight? not the canes I know and love! btw, I did the cool bar thing with tonight at the carolina ale house in cary... I waited for over 2 hours for a table and I was in a wheelchair. Everyone that had come in before and after us were seated or gone. They had one table open for half an hour. They also called people's parties at a minimum of 5 times when it was highly obvious the group was no longer needing a table.

The ONLY reason I stayed is because I had bought raffle tickets. I saw 2/3's of the game from the lobby. I will no longer be attempting to try for another cool bar.
Two HOURS!? You've got a hell of a lot more patience than I do.

Old
01-22-2013, 08:12 AM
Boom Boom Anton

I just bought two extra tickets yesterday using my STH account and the code they emailed us for 50% off. I just went on there again now and was easily able to find two in LL north and two in 328. Maybe they reserved a bucket of tickets for STHs to purchase extras?

EDIT: Even going to CH.com and looking for tickets to individual games, there are still tickets available. It is pretty sparse, but there are more than just single seats available in both the LL and UL.

Last edited by Boom Boom Anton: 01-22-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Closed Thread