HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Game 2 Penguins vs. Rangers

Old
01-20-2013, 09:04 PM
nhindian

vCash: 500
Flyers and Rags in 28th and 29th please

nhindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:05 PM
SinfulCobraZ
87SidGeno71

Why isnt it working....

SinfulCobraZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I watched part of CBJ last night and Dubi played pretty damn good. However, that was the 2nd game I watched in full of the Rangers and Nash has looked un-****ing-believable.
Yeah, Nash is the only one on that team (in their 1st two games anyways) who looks like they know what's going on. And the Gabborick-Richards-Nash line has zero chemistry. Huge downfall for such a big acquisition to have so little time to prepare.

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacques G View Post
With Tangradi on the bench it's a 5 point night.
Uh, I'm not sure that the sarcasm smilie is warranted here, because the statement strikes me as more factual than sarcastic tonight given how Geno and Neal were going.

In all seriousness, how many time did you see him getting in the way of one of them in the offensive zone? He was an absolute black hole tonight. I'll cut him a little slack, but he's really got to start showing me something like Despres. I mean, when you're hard pressed to cite something that stood out for a player that everyone is watching (to see how he does), then it's a problem. And, one really can't blame Bylsma so far.

KIRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
- Vokoun. Horrible rebound control.
You are joking y/n?

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nhindian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superunknown94 View Post
++ Kennedy & Vitale.
++ Another strong game from Martin.
++ Malkin. Strong game outside of the play that resulted in the Nash goal.
+ Sutter.
+ Neal.
+ Vintage Orpik with that hit on Kreider.

* Tangradi
* Despres

- Vokoun. Horrible rebound control.
...seriously? Vokoun was freakin' solid.

nhindian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:06 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I watched part of CBJ last night and Dubi played pretty damn good. However, that was the 2nd game I watched in full of the Rangers and Nash has looked un-****ing-believable.
He'll disappear for the next couple games. Trust me. He's overrated as hell.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
End of Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SidTheKid8787

You can definitely tell Sid's forcing things a little. Like he doesn't want the puck on his stick for long periods of time. Just has to get back into game shape and he should be back his normal self. No sense in pushing the pace though with such a sprint to the playoffs and playing so many games.

SidTheKid8787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
roready
Brink, Truth, Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by roready View Post
Congrats, Pens.

47 more to go.

Let's DO THIS!
46 more to go.

Let's KEEP doing THIS!

roready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
+ Huge plus to Glass's post-game talk about the fight. That was hilarious. He said Asham said "good luck" and gave him props. Was pretty funny. I'm starting to like Glass as a character guy.

ColePens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post
That Orpik hit was beautiful. Vintage Free Candy there.

Cue the Tortorella Tantrum though.
Great hit by Orpik, to be honest I was still expecting a little visit, so much for the Rags being a "tough" team

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRK View Post
I with you there.

Smack talk on Tangradi o'k, for today at least? Unless of course getting in Geno's way is an attribute.
I thought Tangradi was fine. He is slowly learning how Malkin and Neal cycle and supporting them. They had two or three good cycles I was happy with.

Also going to point out again like I did with B Schenn yesterday... Anyone notice Kreider tonight, aside from when he got assasinated by Orpik?

This is going to be a slow process.

I'm more concerned with Kunitz and Crosby TBTH.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tafkak

Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhindian View Post
Let's leave the hyperboles in the cabinet for now...
No exageration on my end, his breakout passing has been outstanding. As others have pointed out, when he is pressured he has been making the bad passes/turnovers.

Tafkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:07 PM
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
I thought Tangradi looked pretty decent today.

I'm surprised at all the Sid downers. I thought he looked pretty good. He's forcing things too much at times but he's looked dangerous both games. I also liked that he was shooting more today.
Please explain. Only time I ever noticed him really doing something was getting in Geno's and Neal's way. I mean, I guess he forechecked o'k a few times, but Glass can do that.

EDIT: I'd love to be wrong here-- and, again, I'm not advocating pulling the plug-- but please tell me what I missed.

Old
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Oh btw....

CW.... don't them Rangers D-men just look individually spectacular ?

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SEALBound

+'s

Vokoun - Brought in to backup MAF and thats exactly what he's doing...and doing well! Some iffy rebounds but a solid game non the less.

Geno-Neal - Awesome. Those two have not missed a beat and thank god for that. Geno had one bad giveaway and Neal had a penalty but overall great game!

Sutter - Take me to McDonald's cause I'm lovin it! Another solid game from him!

Cooke-Sutter-Kennedy - another solid showing from this line. Cooke and TK are looking very good!

Glass - See Sutter

Adams - Gotta admit, he's been playing well.

Vitale - Last but certainly not least, Joe mother ****in Vitale! He went out there with something to prove and he proved it! Amazing game from him!

Letang - Solid game

Niskanen - I think we all had our doubts with him being on the top pairing with Letang but he has shown a lot of poise these last two games. He understands the system, he's making good, responsible plays, and he's got a shot to boot. I am comfortable having him paired with Letang for the top pairing!

Orpik-Martin - Another good game from this duo. What a hit by Orpik!!!

='s

Despres - High high, low lows. On the fence about next game for him...

Engo - Solid game but got caught standing a couple times.

-'s

Sid - Sid Sid Sid...I never though I'd be giving you a negative. He's rusty. Nothing was clicking with him tonight anywhere. His wings do nothing to take the attention off of him. No doubt he'll bounce back but for now...minus.

Dupuis - Meh

Kunitz - Garbage. Zero impact and went completely unnoticed. We need more from Sid's wings.

Tangradi - Just not there yet. Decent game...but like Dupuis, very meh.

This game reemphasizes the GAPING hole on Sid's wing. TDL or not, we need another wing or we're not making it to the finals. Sid looks very frustrated out there and for good reason when looking at the play of his wings. I thought one of Sid's better shifts was when he was paired up with Cooke oddly.

I wouldn't mind seeing some line switches. Glass-Vitale-Kennedy was a ****ing wrecking crew out there. TONS of energy.

Other +/-

+ PP - looked good for the most part, shame we couldn't capitalize on the 5-3 but I gotta tip my hat to Callahan

+ PK - Again, looking good. Aggressive.

+ Puck possession - puck possession is what won us the Cup in 09. We keep that up, we'll go places and make teams like the Rags and Cryers look very average.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Magnifique 66 View Post
Thank God for the Pens, my Pats sucked bad tonight
This, no football until september, it's gonna be long... Luckily hockey is back and we beat divisional rivals on back to back games on the road!!!!

JordanStaal#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:08 PM
zhenya71

Anybody got a youtube of the Orpik hit?

zhenya71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:09 PM
hctopcheds11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I thought Tangradi was fine.

I'm not getting the Tangradi hate either?

It's too early to be too concerned but 87 and 14 are just not on the same wavelength.

hctopcheds11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
This, no football until septembre, it's gonna long... Luckily hockey is back and we beat divisional rivals on back to back games on the road!!!!
Don't even want to talk bout it, **** I hate Baltimore. Pens better make up for it

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Please explain. Only time I ever noticed him really doing something was getting in Geno's and Neal's way. I mean, I guess he forechecked o'k a few times, but Glass can do that.

EDIT: I'd love to be wrong here-- and, again, I'm not advocating pulling the plug-- but please tell me what I missed.
he had a few good cycling shifts and he had a pretty nice chance in front of the net. I wouldn't say he looked good, but he looked better than yesterday. That's the real key.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pancakes

Those giving Sid a minus do remember his faceoff win that led to a goal, that sequence in the 2nd where he had like 3 shots in a row on Lundqvist that almost went in, and his pass to Letang that nearly led to a goal, right?

Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KIRK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
I thought Tangradi was fine. He is slowly learning how Malkin and Neal cycle and supporting them. They had two or three good cycles I was happy with.

Also going to point out again like I did with B Schenn yesterday... Anyone notice Kreider tonight, aside from when he got assasinated by Orpik?

This is going to be a slow process.

I've been very clear that I'll be patient with Tangradi, but for every one shift he supported properly, there were three or four where he was running into Geno or Neal. I mean, Despres had a rough night, but he did some really, really good things too, the types of things that make you say 'o'k, I see the point here'. I didn't really see that with Tangradi tonight. Doesn't mean I won't see it against Toronto, but I didn't see it tonight.

Oh, as far as Sid and Kunitz go, Sid needs two third wheels even less than Geno needs a second wheel and a fourth wheel.

Old
Tafkak

Send a message via AIM to Tafkak
I also questioned Vokoun on some shots, not so much the rebounds, but the ability to just cover the puck. He seemed to have some issues with pulling in and covering the simple shots/pucks around the crease.

Otherwise, he was fantastic.

Tafkak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 09:10 PM
Jacques G
Glassic

Quote:
Uh, I'm not sure that the sarcasm smilie is warranted here, because the statement strikes me as more factual than sarcastic tonight given how Geno and Neal were going.

In all seriousness, how many time did you see him getting in the way of one of them in the offensive zone? He was an absolute black hole tonight. I'll cut him a little slack, but he's really got to start showing me something like Despres. I mean, when you're hard pressed to cite something that stood out for a player that everyone is watching (to see how he does), then it's a problem. And, one really can't blame Bylsma so far.
I thought he was great on the forecheck as I mentioned earlier, just when they get the puck he gets all ****ed up. He plays like a guy trying to keep the other team from getting the puck, not a guy trying to score. I noticed one good read he had when Malkin dished it to him in the lane, but I didn't notice much else when he was on offense.

Jacques G is offline   Reply With Quote