HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Way Way Back

Old
12-22-2013, 11:17 PM
SugarSherm
The One and Only

vCash: 500
The Way Way Back

Has anyone seen this or checked it out? A coming of age movie that came out this summer. One of my friends was watching it about a month ago but a hockey game was on so I was kinda half not paying attention and watching the game on my phone. Anyways I just watched the full thing and I must say that I thought it was really well done and I would recommend it to everyone. I thought the cast was great and Rockwell stole the show in every scene he was in. I think it has to be up there with my favorites for 2013.

SugarSherm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2013, 11:19 PM
Nalens Oga
HeavenOrLasVegas

vCash: 1963
What's this newish genre of film called? The one that uses awkwardness and pokes fun at a character or two for the duration of most of the movie with a bunch of bland jokes?

Nalens Oga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 03:40 AM
TK
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
What's this newish genre of film called? The one that uses awkwardness and pokes fun at a character or two for the duration of most of the movie with a bunch of bland jokes?
Mumblecore?

TK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2013, 04:25 AM
silkyjohnson50

It's the best movie that I've watched this year. Granted I haven't yet watched 12 Years A Slave, Gravity, or American Hustle, but this year I've watched quite a few of the past Best Picture nominees (Argo, Zero Dark Thirty, Silver Linings Playbook, The Descendants, Moneyball, and Midnight in Paris) and The Way Way Back has quite comfortably been my favorite of the bunch. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but The Descendants was my 2nd favorite (for those unaware, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash wrote both movies, although they only directed The Way Way Back.)

But anyways, Sam Rockwell was indeed brilliant. The type of performance that deserves serious recognition. Carell was like we've never seen him before and completely sold it. Liam James was cast perfectly as he's got that natural shyness/awkwardness. AnnaSophia Robb was the innocent, confident girl that every teenage boy would love to be neighbors with. Allison Janey was an absolute riot! And even Faxon and Rash were great in their small roles. I also was a big fan of the soundtrack. I pretty much loved everything about this movie.

I love movies that can bring out all kinds of emotions and this one delivered. If you like movies like The Perks of Being a Wallflower, 50/50, 500 Days of Summer, and Safety Not Guaranteed, this movie is definitely for you.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote