HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Thread of Positivity

Old
01-21-2013, 07:33 AM
FATCHAMALA11
Kneel Before Zod

vCash: 500
Minimum 8 game winning streak about to start.

FATCHAMALA11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:37 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

positivity, you say?

is this enough of a reason to be positive?

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:18 AM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
Positivity huh? I am positive that in the 48 game season of 1995, no team that started 0-3 made the playoffs. Rangers better get their crap together, because a losing streak to start the season could definitely cost them a playoff birth, and so far the effort level hasn't been in the same ballpark as a win.

Dr. Ogrodnick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:21 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Rangers started to look better near the end of the game last night. Things will come together.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:44 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'm not good at this positivity but if we beat Boston a team we own AT HOME not in a shootout we would have a slightly better start of a season. 1-2-0>0-1-2 due to tiebreaker. We should be able to win this game at home. Game 3 of the season is not game 1 and this will be at MSG. Oh and we led the league by the 48 game point in the season last year, so even with a start like that we could get the Presidents' Trophy.
I know. I'm with you. I was sarcastic with the points remark. We'll be fine. We have new faces getting used to a system with a short training camp and no preseason games.

Torts will get these guys where they need to be.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:48 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Is that such a bad thing? The guy missed more than half of "training camp" with the flu. Hes working hard and making things happen nearly every time hes out there.

I wish some other guys were completely gassed after every shift too.
He looks gassed the moment he steps on the ice. Slow and making terrible decisions with the puck. How many drop passes did he make last night that went right to the other team?

I really hope it's just a conditioning thing, because he looks old. Really old.

On a positive: Nash looks like he's out to quiet his critics. Glad to see people are finally starting to realize what a force he can be.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He looks gassed the moment he steps on the ice. Slow and making terrible decisions with the puck. How many drop passes did he make last night that went right to the other team?

The flu will do that to you

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:

On a positive: Nash looks like he's out to quiet his critics. Glad to see people are finally starting to realize what a force he can be.
Richards has been one of the best forwards - thats not saying much, but hes been OK. I agree the drop passes need to stop. I dont know what the heck that is.

Top 5 reasons the Rangers are 0-2 are Stepan, Gaborik, Hagelin, Bickel, and Kreider.

I thought the 4th line has looked really good, Jeff Halpern in particular.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Yep, Richards has been just fine.

And I'm not going to place blame on any one player as the team has simply looked like a club in preseason form against mid season teams. Simple.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Occidentalist
Beernerd

The fact that after 2 games there are negative threads and threads for positivity leaves me shaking my head and struggling to find an explanation for how some fans can be such over-emotional drama queens.

Are these the same kind of people who think if they wear socks that haven't been washed in 8 years that the Rangers will somehow win because they wore those socks? Or if they hold their poop in until the Rangers score then the Rangers will win? (I know someone who does this) Or that anything they say or do in their home will somehow "jinx" or affect the Rangers chances of winning that night?

Occidentalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Oak
Hockey fan

Here is my positive from last night.

We looked pretty good in the 1st period. If we can start playing that well full games I think we might have success.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:06 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I like seeing it from McDonagh, but I think it has hurt Staal's game to be honest. Trying to do a fancy outlet rather than just clearing the puck led directly to Pittsburgh's first goal.
Yeah, but some of the misstakes he has made are like misstakes he makes 10 times per season. Huge give aways. Lidström had them too. If you play hockey you will make them. If you play hockey without a camp to start the season you will make a couple of more of them.

I am not worried about Staal.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:10 AM
Ola

Quote:
Is that such a bad thing? The guy missed more than half of "training camp" with the flu. Hes working hard and making things happen nearly every time hes out there.

I wish some other guys were completely gassed after every shift too.
No, good point.

All I ment was like that with these guys; Nash, Richards, Gabby and co, they can be somewhat fragile. We have all seen it in the past. I am somewhat worried when I see Richards play for us, because he is a tremendous PPQB but 5 on 5 he is pretty avg. And our PP is miserable and could potentially drag him down.

In the end stats are huge for these guys, and no matter how established you are, confidence is very important. Hence, 3 pts for BR is a positive.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:12 AM
Ola

Quote:
Yeah, I was afraid of that when we got him. He do have some Gomez, Redden and Drury ingridiences.

But, it certainly easier to sleep during the night knowing that we have that buyout in the pocket.

Old
01-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

You put Drury and Gomez together and you don't have half the package that Richards brings at center ice.

The guy is, in all likelihood going to lead the team in scoring this year.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Richards has been one of the best forwards - thats not saying much, but hes been OK. I agree the drop passes need to stop. I dont know what the heck that is.

Top 5 reasons the Rangers are 0-2 are Stepan, Gaborik, Hagelin, Bickel, and Kreider.

I thought the 4th line has looked really good, Jeff Halpern in particular.
Outside of Nash and McDonagh, I wouldn't say that anyone has looked good. Maybe I'm experiencing some selective memory, but unless you're setting the bar really low, I wouldn't say Richards has been one of our best forwards.

Anyway, I don't want to drag the one positive thread OT. I'm sure we can pick this up elsewhere.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:28 AM
NYRangers723

I guess I just didnt see this coming. I mean i expected to split to first 2 games since they were tough but the fact that we got outplayed and outclassed 2 nights in a row is something we didnt see much of last year

NYRangers723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:36 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalist View Post
The fact that after 2 games there are negative threads and threads for positivity leaves me shaking my head and struggling to find an explanation for how some fans can be such over-emotional drama queens.
It they react like drama queens after a 0-2 start, one has to wonder how they'll react when life smacks them in the face with real problems.

It's the same crowd, every year. Drama-Queens.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:37 AM
NYRangers723

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
It they react like drama queens after a 0-2 start, one has to wonder how they'll react when life smacks them in the face with real problems.

It's the same crowd, every year. Drama-Queens.
I think you are overreacting. Its just a game

Old
01-21-2013, 09:41 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers723 View Post
I think you are overreacting. Its just a game
I'm not the one getting ready to jump off a ledge, or crying about the 0-2 start because it's a shortened season.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:49 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Again, give it 2-3 weeks. If they still look like this, then panic. I HIGHLY doubt that they will.

No camp. A lot of new players. Existing players in new combinations as a result. Torts not helping things by ****ing with Gabby's position. Richards coming off the flu.

Over the last two games I've seen good flashes from nearly everyone to go with some incredibly uncharacteristic things.

It'll all get worked out in the next week or so.

The only thing I'm even a little bit worried about is Bickel and I'm even willing to give him a couple of weeks (although I think Eminger is the better overall choice anyway, based on his pre-injury play).

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:55 AM
NYRangers723

They looked better in the 3rd period but the game was out of reach by that point. Hopefully they can win 4 or 5 in a row and they will be fine

Old
01-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Nash is a beast, much more skilled and tough, then I anticipated...and that spin-o-rama is going to net him a bunch of goakls with more accuracy, d-men can't get the puck from him...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
It's apparent who knew and watched Rick Nash before we got him and who didn't, many of us who knew what he would bring argued with some of you for like 8 months .

He is just filthy smooth, and very strong on the puck, it's a dynamic this team has missed for a long time. He does things at top speed that most of our forwards can't do standing still.

Positive, we won over 50% of FO's! Also think we're going to really like Pyatt.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Dangleberry

I'm positive the Rangers board will go ******* if we lose to the Bruins on Wednesday.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote