HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Thread of Positivity

Old
01-21-2013, 10:37 AM
candyman82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Nash is a beast, much more skilled and tough, then I anticipated...and that spin-o-rama is going to net him a bunch of goakls with more accuracy, d-men can't get the puck from him...
On behalf of the Blue Jackets fanbase, we told you so!

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:58 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
I like seeing it from McDonagh, but I think it has hurt Staal's game to be honest. Trying to do a fancy outlet rather than just clearing the puck led directly to Pittsburgh's first goal.
They're trying to reinvent the wheel with Staal. Seems like Torts is obsessed with him being an offensive defenseman. He should shoot the puck more as he has a decent shot, but don't turn him into something he's not. I think McDonagh has more ceiling to reach in that department and is a good enough player that he can open up his game. Keep Staal is a defensive rock.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:06 AM
Blue Blooded

vCash: 504
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
I'm positive the Rangers board will go ******* if we lose to the Bruins on Wednesday.
And we really, really, really shouldn't!

The Bruins is probably if not the most prepared, one of the most prepared teams going into this season. The are fielding virtually the same team as last year and most of their core players played overseas during the lockout. Oh, and they have a top 5 roster in the NHL. We were hugely unlucky to play them in 2 out of our first 3 games, they are likely going to go on a tear for the first part of the season.

Blue Blooded is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:13 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blooded View Post
And we really, really, really shouldn't!
No. They are a good team and won the cop merely 2 years ago.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:21 AM
BringBackLibertys

Hi! I'm here for the doom and gloomers ....what is this thread?

Seriously, we are fine, it's going to take time to gel, I dont care where we finish as long as we get into the playoffs, and by that time the team should be firing on all cylinders.

BringBackLibertys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:41 AM
turcotte8

JOHN GIANNONE ‏@jaygeemsg

Yes it's a sprint. Yes it's a poor start. But remember this: the Rangers started last year 0-3. After 48 games they were 31-12-5.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:56 AM
CharlestownChiefsESC

its basically open hockey out there now. once systems start kicking in again we'll be fine.

CharlestownChiefsESC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
On behalf of the Blue Jackets fanbase, we told you so!
+ me and 3 other Ranger fans.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:02 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post

Yes it's a sprint. Yes it's a poor start. But remember this: the Rangers started last year 0-3. After 48 games they were 31-12-5.
This.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:08 PM
Krams
Carpe dizzem

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occidentalist View Post
The fact that after 2 games there are negative threads and threads for positivity leaves me shaking my head and struggling to find an explanation for how some fans can be such over-emotional drama queens.

Are these the same kind of people who think if they wear socks that haven't been washed in 8 years that the Rangers will somehow win because they wore those socks? Or if they hold their poop in until the Rangers score then the Rangers will win? (I know someone who does this) Or that anything they say or do in their home will somehow "jinx" or affect the Rangers chances of winning that night?

Pretty much this. The majority of the membership here act like high school girls most of the time. Relax, everybody. It's the defense that has been disappointing the first few games. That will not continue. Marc Staal is too good for the way he's been playing, so is Girardi. Hell, so is Stralman. The PK unit will get its **** together. We'll be fine.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:19 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringbacklibertys View Post
hi! I'm here for the doom and gloomers ....what is this thread?

Seriously, we are fine, it's going to take time to gel, i dont care where we finish as long as we get into the playoffs, and by that time the team should be firing on all cylinders.
this!

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
haveandare

Yeah, these two games have been rough. Honestly, I'm happy to be watching hockey though. Also, this team is going to get it together and they're going to be dangerous. I'd rather go through growing pains at the beginning and come together than watch a .500 team all season.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:16 PM
Cmox

Asham. I liked the way he played last night.

Cmox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I can't believe how powerful and strong of a skater Nash is being that big. He's going to be a good one for us.

We have lots of new forwards. They need to time to get used to each other. There's 46 games left.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Leetch66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
I can't believe how powerful and strong of a skater Nash is being that big. He's going to be a good one for us.

We have lots of new forwards. They need to time to get used to each other. There's 46 games left.
Yup...Nash looks really strong ! Nice to see that .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:52 PM
MTrangers

I also think we need to be realistic about our first 7 games of the year. We are playing 6 of them against the best 3 teams in the East besides us IMO (Pitt, Bos, PHi) and play Toronto in the middle of that who can give us a tough time. If we can be 3-4 at the end of the month I think that would be just fine.

Looking ahead to February our schedule is MUCH easier. We have Boston once and other than that we play lots of non playoff teams or bottom or 7-8 seed sort of teams. We have Islanders twice, Montreal twice, Winnipeg, NJ and Tampa for 3 games. I think it's important that we get ourselves in the 4-5 seed area at the least by the end of Feb. Fortunately, I think it's very reasonable with that schedule and after these tough first few weeks I think it will help them settle in.

MTrangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:07 PM
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
Asham. I liked the way he played last night.
I agree. I know we miss Prust, we all do, but it just wasn't reasonable for the ransom he got on the market.

Ash is gonna be a good solid replacement.

DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:09 PM
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT

vCash: 50
Best news: Pens are already starting to be the "best team of all time" again

Just give it a few days, and we'll be out of the limelight, while people are back to the pens

01-21-2013, 06:13 PM
Kershaw

So many positives left.

The team started to play like garbage last year and Blueshirtblitz posted many times that we still came out on top in the East after 48 games. I am not a fan of the Nash acquisition, but he played really well in his 2nd game for the team. Pyatt and Asham have also put on good first impressions. The new guys are getting the job done, now we just need to wait for the old team to get it going, which I have 100% confidence in.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:20 PM
JDMSG

I don't see this poor play lasting too long. In just 2 games we have seen what Rick Nash can do. Once everybody else comes around, the crisp passing comes back and the system is played correctly this team will be back to where it was last year. We all know how good this defense can be (sans Bickel). String together a solid game of 3 good periods, not one good period here and there. Once they start getting back into that rhythm and shake the rust off, then maybe win a game I think they'll take off and we will all forget about this.

So for the time being, let Columbus fans enjoy it, let Devils fans enjoy it. We're only 2 games in.

JDMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:27 PM
Trident61494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khris Creider View Post
Rick Nash
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecemleafs View Post
Rick Nash looks sick and likes driving to the net with the puck which is something i like seeing.
...and this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Rick Nash has looked like a stud out there. He's done my FAVORITE thing which is go hard for the net. I love the way he protects the puck by manuevering and even skating backwards. It's pretty damn obvious he's of very high talent. I'm not worried about him scoring at all that will definitely come in time.
...annnd this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcatNYR View Post
Nash has been good and I do like his will to drive to the net.
...and finally this. There have been two games and Nash hasn't looked out of place at all. It's those around him. People are tired and haven't played in months and there is no cohesiveness among the group. You can't blame the idea that there are new people on the team because all the new guys (Halpern, Asham, and Nash...especially Nash) have ran the gamut from decent to pretty impressive. Chalk it up to rust and lets focus on the obvious which leads me to my next comment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post

...this.

Someone said it on this thread...there aren't 7 teams who are better than the Rangers in the East. Getting to the end is all that matters and the playoffs are more about skill and less about points this year more than ever. We'll get there and when we do we'll be in it like we should.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:09 PM
bigbluebird

Thank you for starting this thread. I know I was overreacting before, but it's just with all the high expectations and the lockout and getting hyped for the big comeback weekend...it just sucked for them lose like that. But, rationally, I realize that it's way too soon to freak out. And, I love reading the optimistic posts--makes it easier for me to optimistic.

Also, I echo whoever posted "Rick Nash". Watching him score that beauty of a goal yesterday took a nice chunk of the bitterness out of my system

bigbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Dorado*

I'm feeling fairly positive almighty Gordie should be fired . It's going to suck watching tarasenko light up NHL while Dmac is a goon with 1 pt in the A

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:37 PM
pwoz

It is only 2 games into the season. Yea, it is short, but it is two games. There was no preseason. This team will be fine. It might not sync until game 10, but I have no worries.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:43 PM
Tanner Glass
Tanner 'C'lass GOAT

YES, the retarded thread is already on page 2. Let's hope it never returns to the front

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote