HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers win!

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 12:54 PM
OilerNut*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
Me and my brother couldn't stop laughing at the Nucks announcers saying Kassian won that. He lands one punch that just happens to cut Eager, and suddenly the rest of the fight is irrelevant
Canuck fans are acting like they won the game cause of the fight as well.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
McPuritania
Kassian for Mayor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IV XIV XCI View Post

Amazing.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
Canuck fans are acting like they won the game cause of the fight as well.
You know your team is in trouble when you go from counting actual victories to moral victories.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Loving the Doughty spinorama by Schultz.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:58 PM
Small Brain Presence

What's with all the love for Luongo in this thread? He 'round the world hot dogs a routine glove save off of Schultz and gives up two of the weakest goals you'll ever see. It should have been a shutout.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:59 PM
CornKicker
Tied with Lander G's

vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
You know your team is in trouble when you go from counting actual victories to moral victories.
yep and if anyone knows about counting moral victories its us, thats all weve done for 3 years.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Worraps

Quote:
My new desktop background.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
lCensored

This picture just has to make you smile. So much talent in one area is just crazy. They are just loving it right now

Old
01-21-2013, 01:06 PM
Ol' Jase
No mas, Adam. No mas

vCash: 894
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
My new desktop background.
Mine too, lol.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Bobblehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
I thought Potter had a decent game, but him just continuing to back into Dubnyk on the first goal was a poor play. He should have been challenging him more and not letting him walk in and then a cannon go.
yes. Potter backed off the blue line WAY too much. Edler fired that from10 feet? 15feet? inside the blueline. Can't let that happen. Gap control is very difficult... Dmen feel better about being back too far than get beat outside. Maybe a little rust, but hard to fault Dubnyk.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Bobblehead

my thoughts:

1 Dubnyk looked very cool and very good for the first game. I have trouble blaming him on goal #1 as we gave up the blueline WAY too easy.
2 Petry and Schultz looked excellent and the rest of the defense looked pretty solid.
3 Love Kruegers approach - no protecting the kids.... keep sending them out against the other teams top lines whether at home or on the road. Play to win, don't play to not-lose.
4 Saw signs of what we've been forced to watch for a few years.... other teams completely dominating shifts and puck control.... nice to see the Oilers do that regularly.
5 Loved the fourth line. Too many times last year they went through the motions. They had some really good shifts tonight and if they can bring that every night it will be a big boost for the team.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Alawishis
...so anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Ha ha haaaaa

LOL . Hall commented on the radio once that he didn't think Schultz knew what colour the puck was during the game because he never look at it. Seems like it will be difficult for the hit-to-injure types to catch him with his head down.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Turrican*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alawishis View Post
LOL . Hall commented on the radio once that he didn't think Schultz knew what colour the puck was during the game because he never look at it. Seems like it will be difficult for the hit-to-injure types to catch him with his head down.
Funny. A canuck fan thinks this

Quote:
If I were a coach, I would tell Schultz to cut it out because next time it will be someone who's an ever better skater than Weise and Schultz won't be fast enough to pull this crap that only works in the minors.
Clearly it works in the NHL too.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Aerchon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
yes. Potter backed off the blue line WAY too much. Edler fired that from10 feet? 15feet? inside the blueline. Can't let that happen. Gap control is very difficult... Dmen feel better about being back too far than get beat outside. Maybe a little rust, but hard to fault Dubnyk.
Ummmm. I am sure Potter rushed him as soon as crossed the blueline and the shot was from beyond the circle and from the side. Potter played that near perfect IMO.

It might have deflected slightly off of Potters skate or stick but if it didn't... and i dont think it did... That was a straight up bad goal. As per the announcing "that is one Dub would really want to have back". The announcers commented multiple times through out the game that Dub was at fualt for that one.

People just make stuff up to suit thier hate... I guess.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Evets 81

Quote:
Hahahahaha! That is a great picture... Legitimately burst out laughing when I saw it happen, and again when I saw this.

Now what I want to see is the view from that camera guy right behind the glass. Might have a good shot of the faceplant without Schultz in the way.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Johnny McBravo
Hello Connor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
Funny. A canuck fan thinks this

Clearly it works in the NHL too.
Let the Nucks fans bicker. I saw worse things said than that quote.

bunch of sobs.

Last edited by Johnny McBravo: 01-21-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerchon View Post
Ummmm. I am sure Potter rushed him as soon as crossed the blueline and the shot was from beyond the circle and from the side. Potter played that near perfect IMO.

It might have deflected slightly off of Potters skate or stick but if it didn't... and i dont think it did... That was a straight up bad goal. As per the announcing "that is one Dub would really want to have back". The announcers commented multiple times through out the game that Dub was at fualt for that one.

Did you even watch the play?

Old
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
stratedge
I rigged the lotto.

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
Yakupov, rookie in his first games so he gets a pass on his play. But two stats jump to mind. -2 and 1 shot on net.
This was exemplified in my mind on the turn over leading to the first goal against, where he's right in the slot on a 3 on 2, and he's got the space to fire of a shot, but instead he tries to make a pass off to Hemsky outside by the face off dot. Four problems: 1, he had a shot so always take the shot. 2, He was in a better shooting position than Hemsky. 3, Hemsky was covered. 4, he was the high man on the 3 on 2, and yet he was the last guy back after turning the puck over, after putting his whole line in a terrible spot defensively.

Those kinds of plays are the difference between winning and losing, turning +1s into -1s in an instant.

But it was his first game so hopefully he learns from it and doesn't try too hard to please his linemates... just fire the shots as soon as the opportunity presents itself, and build off that. I'm very confident this is being explained to him by Krueger today.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

There was another play that didn't result in a Vancouver goal but it was a close call where Potter had a chance to either get the puck or stand up the Vancouver player at the blueline but he backed off.

Hard to fault the guy for wanting to be conservative but then I think of how Petry did the old hip check on a similar play and took the guy out completely.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Draiskull

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by scid14 View Post

This picture just has to make you smile. So much talent in one area is just crazy. They are just loving it right now
stolen... thanks

Old
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
I am the Liquor
Wrong Way Eberle

vCash: 1500
Quote:

Apparently so.............

Old
01-21-2013, 02:03 PM
McDreamy
Losing credibility

Not to take anything away from Horcoff, but this isn't the best he's played in years. He had a really strong start to the season last year as well. I hope he can keep it up for the remainder.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Da McBomb

Even thought he was minus 2.. I thought Yakupov showed a great team game last night. He was playing nothing like he did at the WJC and SSS staying up by the blueline and not coming back hard on defence. Saw a few times where he was skating hard back on defence. And he showed some great potential on the PP with his one timer and crisp hard passes.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:07 PM
ponokanocker

Quote:

Here's a link for you. http://video.oilers.nhl.com/videocen...id=4&id=194499
The goal is at about the 21 second mark. Just outside the top of the circle. I'm not sure why Potter decided to rush back right the blueline.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
dangerMcdanger

On the canucks feed they did a Dale Wiese "highlight" video, that involved Smid doing a nice spin and Wiese slamming into the boards, Schultz spinning while Wiese faceplanted into the boards and a couple other flubs on Wiese's part. It was one of the funniest highlight reels I've ever seen.

That was my favourite part of the game. That and John Garret refusing to acknowledge that there were two teams on the ice. What a jackass.

Closed Thread