HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Oilers win!

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Great to see a win from a team that looked pretty nervous for lots of the game.

I don't think either of the top 2 lines played particularly well tonight (despite getting both the goals). Not much sustained pressure from either. I was more impressed with the bottom 2 lines. In particular the 4th. They went out there and did exactly what they have to do. Played physical and moved the puck up the ice. Great game from Belanger on the PK.

Smid and Petry were great and Dubnyk was really solid after that so-so one on Edler.

Old
Joey Moss

Next game I honestly would like to see either Smyth or Eager scratched and Paajarvi on the 3rd line. Smyth didn't have a good game at all and if you don't want to take him out because he's Ryan Smyth then take Eager out. Either way Paajarvi needs to get in and play 3rd line. Hartikainen is far better on the LW while Paajarvi is better on the RW. I think a line of Hartikainen - Horcoff - Paajarvi would really work well.

Old
ghostnights

vCash: 959
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Since you guys seem to be in a good mood. And I come in peace (for at least today )

Which canucks do you guys think played the best?, thoughts on kassian?, garrison?, etc.

thanks
I liked kassian a lot, I was underwhelmed by the sedins minus on the kassian goal.

Old
MikeModano9

I loved Petry's game tonight. He was bringing it every shift.

Old
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Congratulations guys!! I think your suffering is over!!! Thanks for beating the hated Canucks! Hemmer looks like he has his mojo back. Good luck this year.
Thank you fine sir! A huge orgasm was had by Oilerland.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Gret99zky
Worst Thread Ever

vCash: 1010

Old
PumpkinBomb

Quote:
Since you guys seem to be in a good mood. And I come in peace (for at least today )

Which canucks do you guys think played the best?, thoughts on kassian?, garrison?, etc.

thanks
Luongo! Stopped Schultz and nuge twice in the slot. There are only about 3 goalies in the league that make those saves and Schneider isn't one of them.

Garrison has a nice shot.

Old
Fiddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I think PGT should have a rule where its mandatory to at least have the Box score
Quoting for truth if you put up the post game thread and want to get it up first fine. But edit it with a boxscore or at least a link to a boxscore.

Old
Hemskyfanboy83

Also for all his faults, Gagner is really good at driving the middle of the ice and floating a nice soft touch pass to a winger in full stride.

He did that many times last year, and he set up Hemsky a few times including the goal.

Old
Homesick

vCash: 50
Quote:

thanks
Kassian! I hope Schneider continues to **** the bed so the Canucks arent able to trade Luongo for any 2nd line upgrades that the Canucks are sorely missing(Kessler, Booth)

Old
Nunymare
Rinse, repeat.

vCash: 499
Actually felt confident in Dubnyk going into/during the shootout. That's kind of a different feeling...

Old
01-21-2013, 12:23 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:

thanks
hamhuis was great, he broke up at least 5 edm rushes just by good positioning and a great stick.

luongo was good

Old
01-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Chooch

Hopefully Dubnyk can be consistent, he was solid tonight.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
alphahelix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunymare View Post
Actually felt confident in Dubnyk going into/during the shootout. That's kind of a different feeling...
Me too, but on the other hand he wasn't exactly up against Crosby/Malkin. I like Dubnyk's chances against your average shooter.

Old
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenHAWKING View Post
Hopefully Dubnyk can keep up the consistency, he was solid tonight.
He should have stopped the first goal but he did gather himself and finished strong. Good to see.

Old
Joey Moss

Quote:

thanks
Luongo was your best player but I thought Kassian had a good game. I can tell he's going to cause havic against us in the future. Oilers could really use someone like that. Hope he doesn't develop into a David Backes type.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:25 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
Me too, but on the other hand he wasn't exactly up against Crosby/Malkin. I like Dubnyk's chances against your average shooter.
yeah but you have to think dubnyk has had some elite practice, look at the guys that shoot on him daily.

Old
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:

thanks
Kassian played well and I think he fits on the Sedins line well. They did their thing and did well too.

Your second line is where I think you'll lose most of your games. Ebbett is awful and completely out of his depth. That line didn't do a whole lot. Apart from that, the rest of your forwards didn't do too much. Wiese had a few good shifts.

On D, I liked Edler and Garrison for the most part. Edler got owned by Eberle continuously but played well after that. Hamhuis and Bieksa was good too.

Luongo did really well. Before your second goal we were outshooting you by a big margin and he held his ground and kept your lead. That controversy doesn't get any easier for your team.

molsonmuscle360

Quote:

thanks
Kassian has got a lot of nasty in him, but piss poor decision making skills. Eager was more then happy to fight with a 2nd liner to take him off the ice for 5+ minutes. He could be very good. Garrison was really impressive. And to be totally honest, your best player tonight was probably Luongo, he was very sound positionally, and was in the right place for some very strong Oilers scoring chances. That really could have been a 4-2 Edmonton game.

Old
syz
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunymare View Post
I wasn't.

I was rather disappointed that the phrase "Dubnyk was good except for that one goal" was going to be found in another PGT.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:26 AM
ejams

Luongo definitely earned that second star no doubt. Felt terrible for Schultz haha

EDIT: Hemsky made him look like a damn fool though

Old
The Slippery Snake

Some thoughts I had. Really happy with Schultz. Yak is looking decent and will improve real quick.

I really liked the Second Line. I thought they had some great Chemistry. The First line seems to be coming up more and more against top defenders, so it might take a bit for them to get used to that. I wouldn't move them around though.

I thought Whitney was decent, but him and Potter totally blew it on the Kassian Goal IMO. Sportsnet people were blaming it on Yak which I thought was dumb because Whitney was out of position and Potter was just watching.

Potter should totally be the 7th man if Fistric works out.

Old
Hemskyfanboy83

Quote:

thanks
Bieksa, Hamhuis and Luongo were probably the best 3 players. We didn't get a lot going against Bieksa/Hamhuis.

Your other 4 dmen were all pretty bad. Edler is a good player but his mobility gets him in trouble. He is a good skater when in stride, but he doesn't have very quick feet and struggles with his acceleration.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:

thanks
Kassian can one day become the perfect winger for the Sedin's. His hockey sense and finishing ability are still a bit suspect IMO. Garrison has a killer shot, and he actually looks like he can skate well too (always thought he was slow).

Edler was great offensively but man he was getting burned by Eberle repeatedly in this game. Ballard is still terrible.

I personally feel you should upgrade one of Malhotra/Lapierre to 2C to replace Kesler in the meantime. Let Ebbett handle the 4C role. I think you guys will be fine once Kesler comes back. He's the backbone of your team IMO.

Old
01-21-2013, 12:27 AM
Tedi

Quote:

thanks
Lou and Zach...Zach is a beast

Closed Thread