HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks 6, Coyotes 4

Closed Thread

Old
01-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Nothingman*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletwwings View Post
Then please, explain to me what he does. Make me a believer...wow me.
What does he do poorly other than 'fall down' as you say? His D is good, he has been very good on our PK that was horrible last year, and he is centering the 4th line and he has one point in 2 games. You want a hat trick every flipping night or what?!

Old
01-21-2013, 01:10 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletwwings View Post
Can't Mayers play C?...instead of pulling Shaw or Bollig for the STL game, play them both and pull Kruger. I dunno if it's just me but I think he is absolutley worthless out there. He gets beat around, can't win a draw, can't shoot, can't hit...Saad looked much better than Kruger...
Are you sure you're watching games from this year? Kruger has been decent in the first two. He's never going to light the world on fire with his offensive skills.

Bollig needs to be the 1st to sit. He's pretty much useless.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Nothingman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Are you sure you're watching games from this year? Kruger has been decent in the first two. He's never going to light the world on fire with his offensive skills.

Bollig needs to be the 1st to sit. He's pretty much useless.
Bollig or Shaw. Those two have been the weakest the first two games.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:13 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Bollig or Shaw. Those two have been the weakest the first two games.
True but Bollig.... I don't even know what he does. Why is Mayers scratched for the 1st two games?

Old
01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
KyleJRM

Can I just say that the massive banner-raising ceremony for a division title is one of the saddest things I've seen in awhile as a sports fan? That's just embarrassing for them.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:20 PM
MadhouseOnMadison
Man crush on Amonte

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleJRM View Post
Can I just say that the massive banner-raising ceremony for a division title is one of the saddest things I've seen in awhile as a sports fan? That's just embarrassing for them.
Yeah it's pretty lame but when it's all you've got I guess you just make the most of it. And they did.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 50
keep the Krüger hate going. I enjoy it

Stalberg with a hell of a snipe. Hossa is on a mission and he really proves that this Torres BS Hit just fired him up.

Emery, wow, that was bad. Give me Bishop or Lehner. Somehow I think Stan made a mistake in not claiming Karlsson off waivers.

Mike Smith comes down to earth and won't get a big payday. I love it

Old
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Cullksinikers

Hey, it's the last banner they ever get to raise there.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:24 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I really laughed hard about this

they act like they really won something

Old
01-21-2013, 02:26 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

At least they didn't drop a metric ton of confetti for winning a conference championship.

Old
01-21-2013, 02:53 PM
BobbyJet
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski View Post
Bollig- Waste of a roster space, IMO. Yeah, he's not a bad option as our 13th forward if we need a grinder/enforcer but I just don't see him providing much besides staged fights with the other team's token fighter. I think it's more likely we see Shaw stand up in a meaningful fight after a big hit or something than Bollig. Would rather see Mayers, Smith, Beach or Hayes given a shot in that spot.

I agree. Bollig needs to be told that staged fights are completely meaningless and that is not why he is here. He doesn't have the skill to play in top 6, so what's the point of him on the roster? He's just another John Scott only not as tough. Hayes or Smith, when healthy, deserves to be in his spot and we can spot Mayers in against the grittier teams.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

he had a nice hit in the 1st period. I don't understand it too, but it's Q

Old
01-21-2013, 03:13 PM
Hawkaholic

To me, it seemed like after Bollig fought the team turned it up even more.

Sometimes staged fights can get your team going, or get the crowd going at home. I think Bollig has a purpose here, just not every game.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Not on several draws that Shaw took they weren't. Kruger was lined up on the RW wall as Shaw took the draw.

Was Kruger on Kane's line last night? Gee how come I saw Kane take a D zone draw after 16 was tossed from the circle? Led to a goal if you remember.

Nice try indeed!
Kruger was on the ice as the secondary faceoff guy for alot of defensive zone faceoffs.. once the puck was cleared/taken out of the zone, Kruger hopped off and the regular winger jumped on.

In other words, Shaw took the faceoffs because he was that lines regular centre. Kruger was basically an insurance policy for most of the night in defensive situations.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I'm actually surprised people are hating on Bollig.. I thought he ws real solid last night. Had a big hit against Vrbata, kept his game simple and had a fight. He's not on the team for any other reason except adding some toughness, playing physical and not getting burned defensively. IMO he did that last night.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Marotte Marauder

Agreed. It's the same guy who has held an odd grudge for Bolland for years.

Some people just can't see past their bias. I've been ridiculously critical of Kruger in the past, and probably unfairly so sometimes. But even I'm able to admit he's been impressive so far.

I have given Kruger his props so far this year, but have also pointed out what he still does as poorly as last year.

As for Bolland, did you miss Foley and Eddie O commenting on his long spans of no production? And what that will mean if it happens again this season?

Maybe they are biased too, the two biggest homers.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Bolland's played with scrubs for most of the past 2 years and you're talking about long stretches of no production? He's playing with Sharp and Kane, he's going to put up points, he just needs to stay healthy.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Agreed. It's the same guy who has held an odd grudge for Bolland for years.

Some people just can't see past their bias. I've been ridiculously critical of Kruger in the past, and probably unfairly so sometimes. But even I'm able to admit he's been impressive so far.

I have given Kruger his props so far this year, but have also pointed out what he still does as poorly as last year.

As for Bolland, did you miss Foley and Eddie O commenting on his long spans of no production? And what that will mean if it happens again this season?

Maybe they are biased too, the two biggest homers.
Long spans of no production while playing with guys like (last year's version of) Frolik and Bickell. Man, must be completely Bolland's fault.

It's not like any other players go into droughts or anything. It's just Bolland. Nor is it as if he still provided elite defensive play regardless of offensive output. Nope.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:35 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
To me, it seemed like after Bollig fought the team turned it up even more.

Sometimes staged fights can get your team going, or get the crowd going at home. I think Bollig has a purpose here, just not every game.
Staged fights are ridiculous but whatever. My problem is with all the shifts that he took that weren't staged fights. How many shifts did you see Biznasty take other than the fight?

Old
01-21-2013, 04:36 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
I'm actually surprised people are hating on Bollig.. I thought he ws real solid last night. Had a big hit against Vrbata, kept his game simple and had a fight. He's not on the team for any other reason except adding some toughness, playing physical and not getting burned defensively. IMO he did that last night.
Don't forget the ridiculously stupid penalty he took.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Don't forget the ridiculously stupid penalty he took.
I don't know, I didn't think it was that bad. He was trying to get a body on the guy, missed him and all the weight on his stick caused the guy to trip over it. Bollig isn't a completely useless hockey player. He's not going to score much, or create many chances, but he can skate a bit, can protect the puck pretty well and can get in on the forecheck. I don't think he will or should play every game, but I don't have a problem with him getting in quite a few games.. unlike Scott, who really had no use as he couldn't skate, couldn't get in on the forecheck and nobody wanted to fight him.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Chelios

Quote:
More accurately: you have given Kruger minimal props in an attempt to somehow prove you are not biased against him, then proceeded to point out his flaws, however minute, to justify your hate for him in the first place.

Fact is, Kruger has played an excellent 2 games to start the season. No he is not the best faceoff man (though he was much better last night) and no he is not the strongest guy on the ice (though he seems stronger than last year), but to continue to harp on his shortcomings after him playing so well for 2 games simply exposes your bias.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Agreed. While Bollig will never be much more than a fighter, he is also not a liability out there and knows his job. I am fine with him dressing as long as its for minimal ice time.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:56 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

Ran into Coach Q last night at the bars outside the arena. Got a pic with him, he didn't look to happy about it though

Old
01-21-2013, 05:18 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Ran into Coach Q last night at the bars outside the arena. Got a pic with him, he didn't look to happy about it though
Too much sand and tears in his moustache.

Closed Thread