HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

No references to BKLYN or Lubo?

Old
01-24-2013, 12:37 PM
Renbarg

vCash: 500
No references to BKLYN or Lubo?

I haven't watched the pre-game shows that closely but I don't recall Howie or Butchie even mentioning bklyn or Lubo throughout either of the two broadcasts. You would think the Islanders wouldn't muzzle them, especially not on the bklyn issues. Am I mistaken? Or have they really yet to mention brooklyn? Because if so, I find that kind of odd considering its the biggest issue in Islanders Country bar none.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:46 PM
Twine Seeking Missle
Go monkey go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renbarg View Post
I haven't watched the pre-game shows that closely but I don't recall Howie or Butchie even mentioning bklyn or Lubo throughout either of the two broadcasts. You would think the Islanders wouldn't muzzle them, especially not on the bklyn issues. Am I mistaken? Or have they really yet to mention brooklyn? Because if so, I find that kind of odd considering its the biggest issue in Islanders Country bar none.
I'm curious about this too. I was at the game Saturday and at work Monday so I have yet to watch a broadcast. I find it extremely odd if Brooklyn hasn't been mentioned or even talked about at length.

Twine Seeking Missle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle View Post
I'm curious about this too. I was at the game Saturday and at work Monday so I have yet to watch a broadcast. I find it extremely odd if Brooklyn hasn't been mentioned or even talked about at length.
Me too. It will be good to finally watch a broadcast.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
lorwood

I think you won't hear much about Brooklyn until next season.

Next year I would expect more on the air and in the arena.

Maybe Nathan's/Brooklyn Burger/Brooklyn Beer company will open concessions at NVMC.

lorwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:04 PM
KrisBeKreame

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorwood View Post
I think you won't hear much about Brooklyn until next season.

Next year I would expect more on the air and in the arena.

Maybe Nathan's/Brooklyn Burger/Brooklyn Beer company will open concessions at NVMC.
I think all 3 have. I know the first two have. There were also alot of Barclay's season ticket fliers around the NVMC when I was there on Saturday.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 400
What exactly is the "issue" you're talking about? Brooklyn isn't an issue, it's a done deal and has been for over 2 months. Not to mention we're not moving for another 2 seasons so it's not like we're on a farewell tour of some kind. What else is there to say at this point?

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:32 PM
Renbarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
What exactly is the "issue" you're talking about? Brooklyn isn't an issue, it's a done deal and has been for over 2 months. Not to mention we're not moving for another 2 seasons so it's not like we're on a farewell tour of some kind. What else is there to say at this point?
Fair enough, its not an issue, but its still a huge development.

Renbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:33 PM
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post
Yeah, this is how I see it. Maybe it will be casually brought up if Howie/Butch's discussion goes in that direction, but I don't see why they would give a full report on it. There's no news to break.

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:35 PM
19 in a row

Just a guess but in my humble opinion there may be a reason why you would not want to play up brooklyn too much on the telecasts or at the games right now. I know many are very very excited about the move but there is still a faction of fans that attend and watch the telecasts that feel the move was a betrayal by some combination of ownership and the politicians so it may take awhile to warm up and need to be handled with selective marketing (play it up bigger in NYC/barclays and the press, while downplaying at least at first at NVMC and Long island). Whatever is the best way to sell the most tickets.

Last edited by 19 in a row: 01-24-2013 at 02:51 PM.
19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:49 PM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19 in a row View Post
Just my humble opinion and not trying to open up any arguments or cast aspersions. I know many on this board are very very excited about the move based on their perceptions of what it will entail, and I certainly hope you guys are right now that the deal has been made and wish you the best, but keep in mind that there is a faction of the fans who attend the games at the NVMC as well as the long slumbering fanbase here that felt the announcement of a move was a dagger to the heart and a betrayal by some combination of the politicians and ownership. Noone is naive to the impending move but I wonder before they go full bore with making the P.R. push for Brooklyn will they gradually ease some of us in and build up goodwill in certain arenas (i.e. NVMC/Long Island) while openly playing it up in others(NYC/Barclays/the press)? I am not saying it is indicative of the masses but I know that the group I go to games with and many out here that I speak to would be turned off if they shoved it down our throats 24/7 right away(i.e if they started constantly playing "No sleep till Brooklyn" at the games as one poster recommended in another thread). As long as they play in NVMC and try not to alienate part of the base, there may be some need for selective marketing and a calculated approach as there is a lame duck aspect to this team for those of us (no matter how many or few) who felt the bond between the team and the area. Then again maybe they will just say screw it and get the P.R. machine going as soon as they can in all arenas. If so I hope they reach agreement to end the lease early because for me there is already something missing. Oh well.
What did paragraphs ever do to you????

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:54 PM
Trumanperro

Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
They did mention Brooklyn, a couple times in the post game. I cant quote any of it, nor do I have proof, I just sorta remember. This probably helped you nothing.

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote