HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which goalie would you start for the next two games?

View Poll Results: Who would you start for the next two games?
Schneider for both 55 52.88%
Luongo for both 14 13.46%
Schneider vs Calgary, Luongo vs Anaheim 28 26.92%
Luongo vs Calgary, Schneider vs Anaheim 7 6.73%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-21-2013, 08:25 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

vCash: 500
^ what he said

I just noticed that the poll is open until 2030

WonderTwinsUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:31 AM
I am the Liquor
Fire Mact

vCash: 1271
I would start Luongo.

The Canucks problems have nothing to do with goaltending truth be told.

I dont think it matters much who gets the start tbh, but based on the first two games Luongo is playing better atm.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:13 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I would start Luongo.

The Canucks problems have nothing to do with goaltending truth be told.

I dont think it matters much who gets the start tbh, but based on the first two games Luongo is playing better atm.
This.

Luongo had a better game than Schneider and should play until he has a bad game or two, then go back to Cory. (Or the next back to back).

01-21-2013, 09:19 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Schneider for both. If he is the number 1, get him both starts.

ItsAllPartOfThePlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:25 AM
Tiranis

I don't really care who they start, but Schneider hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, yet — even if they think he's their #1. He's also not so mentally fragile that if they pick Luongo over him for a few games, he will fall apart or lose confidence. If anything he'll just compete harder to get his starts. The team needs to win games, not baby Schneider and if they think Luongo gives them the better chance right this moment then that's what they'll do.

That said, they could pick Schneider for Wednesday and I would be fine with it. I'm not convinced that you lose faith in your goalie over one game. Now if Wednesday is another bad outing then you have to go with Luongo until he falters.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:40 AM
Bleach Clean

Whatever the schedule says, for now. If AV had Schneider scheduled to start against CGY, then he should start. If it was Lu, then he should start.

I think they go with Schneider on Wednesday.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Interior Cascadian

You have to get Schneider going, and Calgary's as good a team as any to rebuild his confidence. I'd go into this planning to start Schneids for both games (which is what I voted for) but if he gets shelled by the Flames, I wouldn't have a problem starting Lou against the Ducks.

Interior Cascadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:54 AM
Babs

Start Schneider Wednesday. So he had a bad game against the Ducks, big deal. Should the Kings start Bernier now, should Biron get the start in NY. Both goalies had terrible games and you don't see talk of them like we are seeing about Schneids. Its early yet and not the time for overreacting, the only change I see as necessary is getting rid of Ebbett he is brutal all over the ice.

Babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Linden
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Schneider for both, he's our guy and one game shouldn't change that and it's not as if Luongo put up an amazing enough game to warrant "riding the hot hand"

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:16 AM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Schneider vs Calgary
Luongo vs Anaheim

It's too soon to put Schneider against Anaheim again, imo.
So what happens when we trade Luongo and Schneider really stinks it up in a playoff game? Do we not play him the next game? If we are putting in Schneider in for Calgary, might as well put him in against Anaheim to test his mental fortitude.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:22 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
So what happens when we trade Luongo and Schneider really stinks it up in a playoff game? Do we not play him the next game? If we are putting in Schneider in for Calgary, might as well put him in against Anaheim to test his mental fortitude.
I think we have a better chance at beating Anaheim with Luongo than Schneider. We can't afford to risk games in a shortened season and us already stumbling out the gate.

This isn't the last time we face Anaheim this season, and it's unlikely we face them in the playoffs. Schneider will get his chance against them again, but not now when we need to start winning games and he's only a couple of days removed from an 11 GAA from them.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:44 AM
theripper

Quote:
wasn't that experiment already made? according to these canucks fans last year, Schneider IS ready, yet we're still sitting here debating who starts. That shows the lack of confidence with him,even after trying to convince the world he is the greatest goalie this team will ever have.

And now is NOT the time to experiment to see if he is mentally tough or not, we're down 1.5 games in a row to start the season. In an 82 game season that's 3 full games lost out of 4. Not good at all.

And Schneider should start,he should be responsible for however the team plays, because Luongo isn't here by choice.He checked out a long time ago. I doubt he even cares.

theripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:57 AM
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.

luongo for both

VeteranNetPresence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:59 AM
AlphaMale

Quote:
I don't think Gillis will trade Luongo. It's apparent that teams aren't willing to give anything valuable in return and I'd rather have a good backup goalie than a Bozak type of player that will have no impact on our chances to win in the playoffs. Gilles doesn't have any good prospects to package with Luongo to get a team to take him off our hands and give us something valuable in return.

AlphaMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:30 AM
AmazingNuck

Schneider for both because you don't flip flop on your GM's decision. He is the starter.

Personally, I think Luongo is the better option.. but there's no way Vigneault can start Schneider without creating massive backlash.

AmazingNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Scouter

vCash: 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by theripper View Post
wasn't that experiment already made? according to these canucks fans last year, Schneider IS ready, yet we're still sitting here debating who starts. That shows the lack of confidence with him,even after trying to convince the world he is the greatest goalie this team will ever have.

And now is NOT the time to experiment to see if he is mentally tough or not, we're down 1.5 games in a row to start the season. In an 82 game season that's 3 full games lost out of 4. Not good at all.

And Schneider should start,he should be responsible for however the team plays, because Luongo isn't here by choice.He checked out a long time ago. I doubt he even cares.
How would you know, I really don't think that's Lu.

Anyhow, the goalie issues aren't as big of a problem as the media would have you believe, the whole team has to play better.

Scouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:31 PM
mossey3535

Quote:

The issue isn't what fans think, it's that it seems like that's also the feeling of AV.

I really hope this isn't the start of this crap for the whole year.

mossey3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:32 PM
cutthroat

Schneider should play all except back to backs, with Luongo subbing in during tough games as per the first two . . . good for AV. Schneider as #1 and Luongo as the best backup in the league.

cutthroat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:45 PM
NoShowWilly

vCash: 123
schneider had a bad game. you give luongo either of the next two without giving schneider a chance to redeem himself and we really will have a goalie controversy. This is exactly what the media wants. It honestly does have the potential to cripple our team.

NoShowWilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Reverend Mayhem
I would be awesomer.

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:

Only natural to have some sort of lack of confidence when 3 months ago everybody was gung-ho about shipping off one of the best goalies in the NHL for players the Leafs didn't want.

339 wins vs 38? I'm starting Luongo till he costs this team a game. And no, letting in 1 meh goal in a 2-1 loss doesn't count.

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:14 PM
BoHorvat53
Crabs!

Lu vs Calgary and Schneider vs Anaheim.

Let Schneider redeem himself by shutting down Anaheim.

I don't really want AV rotating Lu/Schneids every game, at least ONE of them needs to find their rhythm. Also, I'm going to the Calgary game and Luongo is my favourite goalie.

BoHorvat53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:41 PM
dps

I think Cory should get the start for the next two.

He wasn't good against Anaheim and neither was the team from the 2nd period on. I'm willing to be a little patient for now and let the team work off the rust as Quick and Lundqvist haven't had great starts either. I know it's a half season but we still have to have patience to a point.

If this turns into a Thomas vs. Rask situation I can only hope Cory maintains the level of professionalism he has shown and not take it personally if Lou is the better goalie and wins back his spot.

Even considering the next 4 games I'd either go cory-cory-cory-lou(for the back to back) or cory-cory-lou-cory.

dps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Alan Jackson

I think if Luongo had won his last start, you could probably go back to him Wednesday.

As it stands, Schneider is currently the starting goaltender. He should get the next start, and I expect that he will.

In fact, I think Schneider should get the next two starts regardless. After that, depending on his performace, things could get a little more interesting.

Alan Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Fat Tony
Fire Benning

Quote:
according to these canucks fans last year, Schneider IS ready, yet we're still sitting here debating who starts. That shows the lack of confidence with him,even after trying to convince the world he is the greatest goalie this team will ever have.
The flipside is that this also applies to Luongo.

Fat Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:10 PM
Royal Canuck
Ronnie Hockey!

vCash: 814
This is a short season, we can't be slow getting out of the starting blocks like we usually do.

At this point, we have to ride the hot goalie, we can't afford losing 3 of 4 games while waiting for Schneider to get in his groove.

We need to play whoever gives us the best chance to win, and that's Luongo as of right now.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote