HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Envy and ignorance of Canadiens haters.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2005, 01:17 PM
  #51
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH




Oh boy, look who is talking about the past !!! FIVE years, long time for little boy !!! Why stop there? why not go back 8? Because it excuses the Leafs woeful teams of 97 and 98?

Nice try.
When you consider roster turnover in Today's NHL, 5 years is a lifetime. It may even be less, but 8 years is closing in on two lifetimes. And five years is a long time for a 5 year old boy. You are right. First time you have been 100% correct. For a five year old, it is a lifetime.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AH

Are you actually idiotic enough to think teams fall based on their draft six months ago? How ignorant are you? Those org ranking rating by the HN was for propsects 21 and younger. :lol
You have to rely on "idiotic" and such because you have no arguments. The THN rankings included players 21 and under ONLY for those playing in the NHL. The prospect lists (top 50 and Top 10s did not have an age limit, which you would have noticed if you actually read the thing and paid attnetion to details!



Quote:
Originally Posted by AH

So some random opinion of a fan who called me a fool for saying JFJ = Rejean Houle? I think you will find many more here who think like me, and not just Habs fans.
How about you try coming up with your own arguments next time?
"They like me, they really like me!" :lol Random Habs fan said it? I'll have to look it up, but I vaguely recall it being a familiar name (although so man lack any originality that I wouldn't be surprised if it has the words "Hab fan" in it and that is why it was familiar) and yours I never knew before this weekend.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:20 PM
  #52
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
LOL

Mayor of Misinformation forwarded me a link via PM to a thread where Habsfan4life (or whatever) called me a fool for basically equating JFJ to Rejean Houle and where I say that I am not worried about 1967 being erased as long as this clown is in charge.

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...count=119]What

There you go, thats the end all of end alls. Thats the crust of MOM's argument vs me (AH). Thats it folks, call it a day, Habsfan4life has spoken and MOM agrees with him / her.

BTW, what is it with Leaf fans on this forum? as soon as they feel like they are losing an argument, they start harrassing you in PMs. Last week, I had numerous Leaf fans try to threaten me because of what I had been typing for a few days, most notably Carl O'Steen.

Keep it in the threads kids, I have no time to type smack in threads and in PMs.

AH is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:21 PM
  #53
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Please don't call me dude! You can call me sir, Mac, MacDaddy , TLC, but please not dude!
Ok , sir.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
No hard feelings whatsoever. I am having the time of my life! This is one of the best threads/debates/discussions in a long time!
OH BUUURN !!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Second FAVOURITE! :mad: Who's number one?
Our dearest friend Carl O'Steen.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:24 PM
  #54
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
LOL

Mayor of Misinformation forwarded me a link via PM to a thread where Habsfan4life (or whatever) called me a fool for basically equating JFJ to Rejean Houle and where I say that I am not worried about 1967 being erased as long as this clown is in charge.

http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2565371&postcount=119]What

There you go, thats the end all of end alls. Thats the crust of MOM's argument vs me (AH). Thats it folks, call it a day, Habsfan4life has spoken and MOM agrees with him / her.

BTW, what is it with Leaf fans on this forum? as soon as they feel like they are losing an argument, they start harrassing you in PMs. Last week, I had numerous Leaf fans try to threaten me because of what I had been typing for a few days, most notably Carl O'Steen.

Keep it in the threads kids, I have no time to type smack in threads and in PMs.
First off, the private message I sent you was the link I was referring to rather than pansing you on the open forums. Second of all, you are getting your ass handed to you in this debate and are now desperately trying to save face. Third of all, there is a policy in the guideline of this forum about revealing private message content. 4th, do you guys type with your elbows? Seriously I am waiting for responses and thinking that because it is taking so long maybe some thought is being put into it and I might actually be challenged here. Instead I end up disappointed. Oh well, at least I can look forward to a post from McPhee, one of the few decent and intelligent posters on this forum.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:28 PM
  #55
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great One



Our dearest friend Carl O'Steen.
I have finally been stumped. I have no idea whatsoever how to take this.....




But seriously, you can't have it both ways. A good portion of the Habs fans do not respect the Leafs history (13 cups) and a great history and tradition. One in which was almost destroyed by an evil human being, but has perservered and come back strong. Both franchises have a great past. Both will have good to great futures. You talk about the envy and jealousy (completely false) but don't mention the hypocrisy and mimimalizing habs fans do. I wish that Ballard never gained power and that maybe we would have had a smart GM in Toronto fleecing all the expansion teams of their picks like Pollock did. Sadly, Ballard was only concerned iwth the dollar and keeping his name (not the team's name) on the front page. Until he gained power, it was debatable who had the greater franchise.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:33 PM
  #56
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
Please don't call me dude! You can call me sir, Mac, MacDaddy , TLC, but please not dude!





Second FAVOURITE! :mad: Who's number one?
Dude Dude Dude, Nya, na na na nah. Favorite Leaf fan ? It's like asking which heart attack you enjoyed the most.

THN has had some pretty major layoffs haven't they ? It shows. I've got no idea about comparitive rankings because they're meaningless. I doubt anyone's doing comprehensive work right now,esp. in terms of what teams are providing to publications. The rankings seem confusing as some of the ranked players would be considered NHL some years. Last year Mtl. had a group of offensive forwards and lacked grotty types to round out the prospects. Balej's gone as it was felt that his type was duplicated in the system. Perez has been playing well, everyone's pleased with his year,Kostitsyn has adjusted. He's down a bit in #'s but is a different player since the WJC. Chipchura has shown to be what was needed and was having an excellent year until his injury. I'm probably happier with the overall group than a year ago because of his addition. I've got no idea how the other teams stack up and don't really care. Mtl. is putting together a core of players you can win with and that's good to see. There's going to be an awful lot of players to choose from when hockey starts up and with Gainey's presence, they'll be in a position to acquire what they need. That's what he brings to an org., a perception of respect.

Toronto will be ok, they have a CH alumni running the show, the best recipe for success.

mcphee is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:34 PM
  #57
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,568
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Just a quick note about Hossa. I've seen him play little this year + the many reports we have heard make me think he's more on the raise again from last year more than anything else. He's been playing great and it's just a matter of consistency in his case, i dont see this as falling.

Honestly, Hossa got it all and he WILL play for the habs when nhl resume imo... hardly falling.

Anksun is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:41 PM
  #58
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
First off, the private message I sent you was the link I was referring to rather than pansing you on the open forums. Second of all, you are getting your ass handed to you in this debate and are now desperately trying to save face. Third of all, there is a policy in the guideline of this forum about revealing private message content. 4th, do you guys type with your elbows? Seriously I am waiting for responses and thinking that because it is taking so long maybe some thought is being put into it and I might actually be challenged here. Instead I end up disappointed. Oh well, at least I can look forward to a post from McPhee, one of the few decent and intelligent posters on this forum.
If you actually think that anyine other than yourself is getting their arse handed to them in this debate, then you're just hopeless.

Bringing up forum guidelines as part of your argument is just SAD. Shows you have nothing to back up your idiotic stance. Maybe you got nothing to do today and have the entire day to post, I don't.

Typical Leaf fan reaction to losing any argument,

We got more money !!! (then when that doesn't work, try acting ******** in hoppes the other guy gives up).

AH is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:41 PM
  #59
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
THN has had some pretty major layoffs haven't they ?
The layoffs shouldn't have effected the rankings. What was surprising was the little bettern than 50% response they got from the teams. Every other year all the teams have participated. Best guess is that with the lockout they didn't want to bother help selling some magazines or they didn't want to tip their hand heading into the unknown land....


BTW, have any of you realized how the salary cap could get Toronto closer to the cup? Nibble on that for a while.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:42 PM
  #60
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis

But seriously, you can't have it both ways. A good portion of the Habs fans do not respect the Leafs history (13 cups) and a great history and tradition. One in which was almost destroyed by an evil human being, but has perservered and come back strong. Both franchises have a great past. Both will have good to great futures. You talk about the envy and jealousy (completely false) but don't mention the hypocrisy and mimimalizing habs fans do. I wish that Ballard never gained power and that maybe we would have had a smart GM in Toronto fleecing all the expansion teams of their picks like Pollock did. Sadly, Ballard was only concerned iwth the dollar and keeping his name (not the team's name) on the front page. Until he gained power, it was debatable who had the greater franchise.
Typical Leaf fan: But we had Ballard. Too frikkin bad. We had Houle and Corey.

AH is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:44 PM
  #61
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
I have finally been stumped. I have no idea whatsoever how to take this.....




But seriously, you can't have it both ways. A good portion of the Habs fans do not respect the Leafs history (13 cups) and a great history and tradition. One in which was almost destroyed by an evil human being, but has perservered and come back strong. Both franchises have a great past. Both will have good to great futures. You talk about the envy and jealousy (completely false) but don't mention the hypocrisy and mimimalizing habs fans do. I wish that Ballard never gained power and that maybe we would have had a smart GM in Toronto fleecing all the expansion teams of their picks like Pollock did. Sadly, Ballard was only concerned iwth the dollar and keeping his name (not the team's name) on the front page. Until he gained power, it was debatable who had the greater franchise.

I think the problems began pre Ballard in the form of Stafford Smythe who was not the man his father was. Smythe tore apart the franchise around the time he canned Imlach [68 ? ] and Ballard, well enough's been said. The Leaf fan's loyalty thru all that was their strong or weak point depending on how you make the arguement. You'd think at some point fans would have given the old Network speech about being 'mad as hell and not taking it anymore'. The difference in the 2 franchise are simple. Sam Pollock knew how to bridge one great team to the next and the Leafs fell apart in the expansion era. 8 cups since then.

mcphee is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:44 PM
  #62
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
If you actually think that anyine other than yourself is getting their arse handed to them in this debate, then you're just hopeless.
You have offered nothing in this debate. When you cna't come up with anything you use:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Bringing up forum guidelines as part of your argument is just SAD. Shows you have nothing to back up your idiotic stance. Maybe you got nothing to do today and have the entire day to post, I don't.
so do you suppose you are above the guidelines of this board? Good way to get your account locked up for awhile.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Typical Leaf fan reaction to losing any argument,

We got more money !!! (then when that doesn't work, try acting ******** in hoppes the other guy gives up).
sounds like a concession speech. :lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
Typical Leaf fan: But we had Ballard. Too frikkin bad. We had Houle and Corey.
and you continue to prove the "anonymous Habs fan" correct.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:46 PM
  #63
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
BTW, have any of you realized how the salary cap could get Toronto closer to the cup? Nibble on that for a while.
MLSE is going to provide their players with free tickets to the Hall Of Fame so that the team can go look at the CUP every summer, after they have once again miserably failed during the hockey season?

AH is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:47 PM
  #64
CH Wizard
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: preparin for 09 cup
Country: Afghanistan
Posts: 11,690
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
I have finally been stumped. I have no idea whatsoever how to take this.....




But seriously, you can't have it both ways. A good portion of the Habs fans do not respect the Leafs history (13 cups) and a great history and tradition. One in which was almost destroyed by an evil human being, but has perservered and come back strong. Both franchises have a great past. Both will have good to great futures. You talk about the envy and jealousy (completely false) but don't mention the hypocrisy and mimimalizing habs fans do. I wish that Ballard never gained power and that maybe we would have had a smart GM in Toronto fleecing all the expansion teams of their picks like Pollock did. Sadly, Ballard was only concerned iwth the dollar and keeping his name (not the team's name) on the front page. Until he gained power, it was debatable who had the greater franchise.
Well , some habs fans have to defend themselves.Some maybe respect their story some maybe not , we don't know but...

When some posters are responding by saying '' Habs didn't make the playoffs so often in the past years and sucked a lot in the past ten years'' It's not surprising to see some habs posters responding by saying '' The habs sucked in the past ten years ? So , the leafs didn't win a cup since 67''.

Honestly , both franchises had great past , both franchises had their up and down.Fans of both franchises should respect that.

CH Wizard is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:48 PM
  #65
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside
 
Ronnie Bass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: Ireland
Posts: 20,236
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
If you actually think that anyine other than yourself is getting their arse handed to them in this debate, then you're just hopeless.

Bringing up forum guidelines as part of your argument is just SAD. Shows you have nothing to back up your idiotic stance. Maybe you got nothing to do today and have the entire day to post, I don't.

Typical Leaf fan reaction to losing any argument,

We got more money !!! (then when that doesn't work, try acting ******** in hoppes the other guy gives up).
You can't share PM's on these boards, period. Not to mention it's rude.

Please aquaint yourself with the poster guidelines. thank you.

__________________
1995, 2000, 2003..........
Ronnie Bass is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:48 PM
  #66
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AH
MLSE is going to provide their players with free tickets to the Hall Of Fame so that the team can go look at the CUP every summer, after they have once again miserably failed during the hockey season?
:lol With limited money available league wide, where do you think a lot of players are going to want to play? And with almost no contracts and no money spent come 2006-07 season, and with a boatload of free agents about to hit the marker, some blue and white jerseys are going to be filled with some talented players.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:51 PM
  #67
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
The layoffs shouldn't have effected the rankings. What was surprising was the little bettern than 50% response they got from the teams. Every other year all the teams have participated. Best guess is that with the lockout they didn't want to bother help selling some magazines or they didn't want to tip their hand heading into the unknown land....


BTW, have any of you realized how the salary cap could get Toronto closer to the cup? Nibble on that for a while.
At this point 'coulds' aren't going to earn a whole lot of interest. Falling asteroids could help generic favorite teams too. End of the day, look at the Patriots, the best run teams that understand the economic system they have to play with, will be the best teams.

mcphee is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:51 PM
  #68
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
You have offered nothing in this debate. When you cna't come up with anything you use:
Stop talking to yourself.

Quote:
so do you suppose you are above the guidelines of this board? Good way to get your account locked up for awhile.
Let it be. You must have been one messed up kid in the playground. did you bring out your daddy everytime you got beat up?

Quote:
sounds like a concession speech. :lol

*removed unnecessary, personal attack*



Quote:
and you continue to prove the "anonymous Habs fan" correct.
Yes, because MOM said so. :lol


Last edited by Belgian Fan: 03-06-2005 at 02:19 PM.
AH is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:56 PM
  #69
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
The debate, which started out great, will be greater for your absence. Nice to see you exit gracefully though.

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 01:59 PM
  #70
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
The debate, which started out great, will be greater for your absence. Nice to see you exit gracefully though.
There is no debate dude. You are just trolling since the beginning.

markov` is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 02:00 PM
  #71
MacDaddy TLC*
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Leafin La Vida Loca
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,478
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
There is no debate dude. You are just trolling since the beginning.
Trolling? I have done a hell of a job presenting facts. Show me one post in this thread that is trolling!

MacDaddy TLC* is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 02:01 PM
  #72
AH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Country: Pakistan
Posts: 4,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
:lol With limited money available league wide, where do you think a lot of players are going to want to play? And with almost no contracts and no money spent come 2006-07 season, and with a boatload of free agents about to hit the marker, some blue and white jerseys are going to be filled with some talented players.
And why would they want to go to a losing team? With a $40 milion cap, the elite six from the last CBA (teams willing to dish out money) will increase to 15. And frankly, there will be MUCH better teams with an actual chance of winning where players would want to go to (and much better places to live, California, Tampa, etc...).

The Bulls in the NBA can't get anyone to come to them because they have sucked so bad the last few years. This, despite being a HUGE market, plenty of cap room for available free agents, and a recent history of championships.

You actually think that having a 90% turnover of roster from the time the 03-04 season ended to the time the nex time hockey is played will result in your team being anything close to a playoff team. Building a team through UFA: a definite sure-fire way to Cup championships. :lol

AH is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 02:12 PM
  #73
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
This should be the Habs fan creed. They should put this in the description of the board, along with the sign from outside the Old Folks home on the simpsons: "Thank you for not discussing the outside world"
that makes 1

markov` is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 02:13 PM
  #74
markov`
Registered User
 
markov`'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Top 2 in the world
Posts: 3,647
vCash: 500
And like Squeaky said...

Second part: haha. Seriously, that's just trolling. Walk into a board of the most storied and succesful franchise in the histroy of the game, and say they've never had it together. Ever. Like wow. Maybe I should give you a dictionary link to ever?

markov` is offline  
Old
03-06-2005, 02:19 PM
  #75
FrozenPond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 63
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayor of MacAppolis
BTW, have any of you realized how the salary cap could get Toronto closer to the cup?
* raises hand *

The cap will increase parity. Talent will be fairly evenly distributed, so the Leafs can expect to win a Cup once every 30 years. This will lessen their chances of having to go another 38 years without a Cup.

FrozenPond is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.