HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres @ Caps, 1-27: New to DC area

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 01:13 PM
skudrafan1
Rookie User

vCash: 500
Sabres @ Caps, 1-27: New to DC area

I'm new to the DC area (actually live in Charles Town, WV, about 60 miles NW of DC) and am hoping to track down cheap tickets for Sunday afternoon's game. I've been following StubHub for the past two weeks, but there still are no pair of tickets for less than $50 each, and I don't want to pay that much!

Are scalpers reputable around the Verizon Center? Does the ticket price plunge on StubHub or Ticketmaster or any other site the day of the game? Any help from locals is appreciated. Thanks!

Old
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by skudrafan1 View Post
I'm new to the DC area (actually live in Charles Town, WV, about 60 miles NW of DC) and am hoping to track down cheap tickets for Sunday afternoon's game. I've been following StubHub for the past two weeks, but there still are no pair of tickets for less than $50 each, and I don't want to pay that much!

Are scalpers reputable around the Verizon Center? Does the ticket price plunge on StubHub or Ticketmaster or any other site the day of the game? Any help from locals is appreciated. Thanks!
You'd probably be better off posting this on the Caps board if you haven't already

Old
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
missingmika

Tickets for the Sabres here are usually higher than most other teams. You don't really see the prices drop much though. I was able to get tickets, 4 rows from the ice for $150 a piece off Ebay, so the price difference between cheap seats and nice seats isn't really too great.

I haven't tried scalpers. Your best bet might be to watch Stubhub and Ebay for the next couple days. If you can't find any come to DC and try to get a good deal from a scalper. If you still can't get what you want, go to a bar called Grand Central. It is a Buffalo bar in DC. They usually have like $3 Labatts and other specials for Sabres games. For Bills games they even have Beef on Weck. (This is where the Sabres did their Road Crew last year). So you'll atleast be watching the game with a bunch of Sabres fans!

http://grandcentraldc.com/specials/

Old
01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Since you're not that far away, I'd recommend keeping an eye on it until about 8am on Sunday morning. Sellers may begin to panic and/or realize their pie-in-the-sky demands won't be met, and prices should go down a little bit. I'd also keep an eye on sites like Ebay and Craig's List (never had a bad experience buying tickets through that site).

Oh, and root for the Habs tonight, as much as it may seem counterintuitive. If they start 0-3-0, you may see a surge in available tickets. DC-area fans are already a fickle bunch, so it doesn't take much to make them head for the hills.

If you can't get tickets online, I'd say make the short driver and try to buy from scalpers. If you're alright with missing the first couple minutes, you should get a below-face value ticket when the scalpers are trying to cut their losses.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:51 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
You'd probably be better off posting this on the Caps board if you haven't already
Yep.

Closed Thread