HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/4/5: Edmonton@Rochester

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2005, 07:53 PM
Hobey Baker

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
3/4/5: Edmonton@Rochester

A wild one tonight....three fights in the first. A Gaustad PP goal has Rochester up 1-0. Midway thru the second right now....

Old
03-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Slangston

Score still 1-0 Amerks after two periods. From the sound of it, Edmonton has outskated the Amerks thus far. 3rd period coming up soon.

Bartovic has had 2 clear cut breakaways in this game (both short handed oportunities) and blew them. I've listened to quite a few Rochester games this season, and Bartovic has had a break in just about every single one of them. Hands of stone indeed.

Old
03-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Hobey Baker

Send a message via MSN to Hobey Baker
A 2-1 win in the shootout for the Amerks. Roy and Milley (and Miller, too) come through in the shoorout.

Old
03-04-2005, 09:55 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slangston_Hughes
Score still 1-0 Amerks after two periods. From the sound of it, Edmonton has outskated the Amerks thus far. 3rd period coming up soon.

Bartovic has had 2 clear cut breakaways in this game (both short handed oportunities) and blew them. I've listened to quite a few Rochester games this season, and Bartovic has had a break in just about every single one of them. Hands of stone indeed.
At this point I kind of feel bad for him. He's literally had around 15 or 16 breakaways this year and has scored on 1. It's really pathetic. The guy just has no hands. And he insists on doing the same crappy move every damn time. WAKE UP IT DOESN'T WORK.

Anyway, the Amerks played like crap crap crap. Worst game I've seen since they started turning it around. They didn't do anything a team needs to do to win. Yet they still won. They find ways to win.

And I thought Cullen was ready to return? Maybe there is more to the Fitzpatrick signing then depth.

Old
03-04-2005, 10:30 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27
At this point I kind of feel bad for him. He's literally had around 15 or 16 breakaways this year and has scored on 1. It's really pathetic. The guy just has no hands. And he insists on doing the same crappy move every damn time. WAKE UP IT DOESN'T WORK.

Anyway, the Amerks played like crap crap crap. Worst game I've seen since they started turning it around. They didn't do anything a team needs to do to win. Yet they still won. They find ways to win.

And I thought Cullen was ready to return? Maybe there is more to the Fitzpatrick signing then depth.
Sounds like they played awful. How did the fights go, though?

Anyway, it's the mark of a good team when they can steal 2 points on their worst night. Let's hope this win gave them so momentum going into Manitoba...and that they aren't dead tired by Sunday. They better find their legs tomorrow night.

Old
03-04-2005, 10:44 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Sounds like they played awful. How did the fights go, though?

Anyway, it's the mark of a good team when they can steal 2 points on their worst night. Let's hope this win gave them so momentum going into Manitoba...and that they aren't dead tired by Sunday. They better find their legs tomorrow night.
Thorburn had a spirited bout. Someone came charging at him and he just went off on him and Thorburn pounded away on Torres.

McMorrow's fight was more open than normal for him. He got the better shots in but nothing special.

Whoever fought Paestch just held on. But Paescth got some decent jabs in. Amerks won all 3 fights if you had to pick winners.

And yes they played awful. But I will give credit to Edmonton. They played a good, smart road game. Also, the Amerks had so many chances to score but made the bonehead play on each and every one. It almost looked as if they were overlooking the game and saving energy for the Manitoba games.

Old
03-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Ruckus007
Said too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27

Cullen didn't play? According to theahl.com boxscore he did.

Old
03-05-2005, 12:47 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreHomer007
Cullen didn't play? According to theahl.com boxscore he did.
Nope he was scratched. Amerks were down to 5 defensmen with Paestch getting a game misconduct.

Closed Thread