HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Corey Perry to Montreal

Old
01-21-2013, 02:31 PM
CanadienShark

vCash: 517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
Not a real Ducks fan but I would assume they would be looking for a good C prospect. I could be wrong though as Patches would prob be a nice piece also.
Choice of:

Desharnais/Plekanec/Eller
+
Gionta/Cole/Bourque
+
Anyone in the system except PK/Gorges

Doubt this could really get him, but given contract status, it's easily fair value.

CanadienShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:11 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
The Ducks have Getzlaf and Koivu. Why do they need a center? I'd assume that, since they want to stay near the floor, they'd want forward and defense prospects for Perry. Young kids who can jump in now.

I see them prioritizing Getzlaf. You don't get those power forward centers through trade. If they give up one, it's Perry.
He is 38+ and UFA this off-season. That's why they need a 2nd center.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Dharvey33

Plekanec would be an ideal center for the ducks he could play premium pk minutes and score some scrappy goals.

But i doubt the ducks would trade one of Perry getzlaf before being absolutely sure they doesn't resign so maybe Ryan?

Plekanec + Pick prospect for Ryan?

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Not for a rental. I'd expect Bergevin to re-sign him.

I'd go as high as offering the Ducks

Plekanec, Gallagher and the rights to PK
for
Perry and a defense prospect.
That still doesn't make sense. If he really wants to play in Montreal you could sign Perry as free agent in a few months without throwing some big assets away.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
That still doesn't make sense. If he really wants to play in Montreal you could sign Perry as free agent in a few months without throwing some big assets away.
It's called competition. Sometimes you have to trade for players and make it worth their while to stay.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
It's called competition. Sometimes you have to trade for players and make it worth their while to stay.

No that would be called reckless and stupid management. There's nothing to expect for the Habs this season. You're asking your team to do the exact opposite of what a rebuilding team needs to do.
Keep Pleks, re-sign PK and throw Perry an offer once he hits the free agency. It's not that mindboggling

Old
01-21-2013, 04:01 PM
12345*

Corey Perry doesn't like french.

12345* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Pepin le bref

Habs are not a contender with or without Perry. Makes zero sense for Habs to trade for a UFA and give up valuable assets. Habs could wait until the end of the year, sign him and give up nothing.

Pepin le bref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
No that would be called reckless and stupid management. There's nothing to expect for the Habs this season. You're asking your team to do the exact opposite of what a rebuilding team needs to do.
Keep Pleks, re-sign PK and throw Perry an offer once he hits the free agency. It's not that mindboggling
And if he doesn't hit free agency?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:21 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
You still would have Pleks and PK on your team...

Now what if he signs somewhere else this summer after Mtl didn't even make the playoffs and gave away their 1st pairing defence-man and 2nd line center for a rent ?

Old
01-21-2013, 04:28 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
You still would have Pleks and PK on your team...

Now what if he signs somewhere else this summer after Mtl didn't even make the playoffs and gave away their 1st pairing defence-man and 2nd line center for a rent ?
My team is Anaheim, and I was pointing out the flaw in the assumption that Perry will even be available.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
My team is Anaheim, and I was pointing out the flaw in the assumption that Perry will even be available.
Ah, ok. I took it the wrong way. My main point was to make clear that rebuilding teams don't sell the farm for a rental player. For the record, I wish your team to re-sign Perry.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Ginu

Quote:
That's the point. The trade can be made pending a contract extension. You don't let a player like Perry go to UFA just hoping to get him. You try to trade for him before and sign him to an extension. We may not be challenging in the next 2 years but when someone that fills such a glaring hole for you becomes available, you go for it. He'd be a huge piece for our future.

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
That's the point. The trade can be made pending a contract extension. You don't let a player like Perry go to UFA just hoping to get him. You try to trade for him before and sign him to an extension. We may not be challenging in the next 2 years but when someone that fills such a glaring hole for you becomes available, you go for it. He'd be a huge piece for our future.
I understand. It's just... if you went by what some posters are saying, there are about 15 teams out there that are going to get Perry for nothing as a UFA. They make it sound so easy. "We'll just sign him as a UFA."

Old
01-21-2013, 06:32 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Perry would never re-sign in MTL, you'd be trading for him as a pure rental and you would have to pay alot

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
The Ducks need a centre. So, Montreal isn't the best trading partner.
We do not need a center.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:25 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
Mtl can just sign him as u UFA this summer that it !! No place trade u less your a contender and mtl is defenetly not a contender so no need to trade for him !! Just hope you can sign him un July that it
You must study english litterature. This is beautiful.

But regarding this topic, I don't think we should trade for Perry. If he tries the UFA market, I can definitely see the habs trying to land him, but I really don't think he would fit well in Montreal. Even as a hab fan, I always have a hard time imagining a star player playing as we expect him to in Montreal. As good as he is, I just can't picture him wearing the habs uniform.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 07:26 PM
jpchabby

Quote:
We try to look for someone else.

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Chacal667

the habs should go for Nathan Mackinnon, not Perry

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Montreal Shadow

Wouldn't be surprised if Montreal makes him revert to a 25-25 guy.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 09:53 PM
Maxpac

Plekanec, Gallagher, 1st 2013, 2nd 2014 for a signed Corey Perry?

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Trembz420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Plekanec, Gallagher, 1st 2013, 2nd 2014 for a signed Corey Perry?
Holly cow! I hope he's signed to a great contract if that were to go down cause that's a pretty steep price IF not.. You'd be trading for the contract also..

Gotta also take into perspective from a Bergevin standpoint and be realistic and realize that playing in Montreal, his odds are less likely to be as successful as he is playin right now in Anaheim

Trembz420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
Perry would never re-sign in MTL, you'd be trading for him as a pure rental and you would have to pay alot
Not sure I agree with my fellow Ducks fan here. I think MTL would be on Perry's list if he hits UFA, it's only about a four hour drive from home for those who speculate he could sign with an Ontario team for that reason. They're an original six team with a long history of great players, yet he would arguably be their top player walking in along with Price. They look to be on an upward trend with most of their top players being younger guys ( Price, Subban, MaxPac, Galchenyuk etc) and should have enough cap room to offer him a competitive long term deal.

If Perry was dealt to Montreal, I don't see a good reason why he wouldn't at least consider signing there.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:05 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Not sure I agree with my fellow Ducks fan here. I think MTL would be on Perry's list if he hits UFA, it's only about a four hour drive from home for those who speculate he could sign with an Ontario team for that reason. They're an original six team with a long history of great players, yet he would arguably be their top player walking in along with Price. They look to be on an upward trend with most of their top players being younger guys ( Price, Subban, MaxPac, Galchenyuk etc) and should have enough cap room to offer him a competitive long term deal.

If Perry was dealt to Montreal, I don't see a good reason why he wouldn't at least consider signing there.
Where does Corey Perry lives? I don't know if it's Anaheim but an educated guess would be somwhere in California. Which is far more than just 4hrs away from Montreal.

Montreal Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:08 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Where does Corey Perry lives? I don't know if it's Anaheim but an educated guess would be somwhere in California. Which is far more than just 4hrs away from Montreal.
I meant home as in where he grew up, which is Peterborough, Ontario. I'm not sure where he makes his off-season home.

heusy_79 is offline   Reply With Quote