HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

What Teams are Giving Fans After Lockout

Old
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
cbcwpg

vCash: 350
What Teams are Giving Fans After Lockout

http://blog.pennlive.com/fanbox/2013...ring_free.html

Penguins

The Penguins will hold a week-long program of contests [next week] for fans to win exciting prizes leading up to the home opener. The contests will be held via social media and the team’s website. Prizes include:

• A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season

• A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)

• Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury

• Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game

• Two five-game mini-plans

• Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game

• $700 of merchandise at PensGear

All training camp sessions at Consol Energy Center will be open to the public (free admission). The Penguins will distribute promotional items at each of the first 15 home games. All fans attending the home opener will receive a gold “Great Day For Hockey” T-shirt.

The team announced select concession items will be free to all fans attending the Pens’ first four home games at Consol Energy Center, and team merchandise will be half off at PensGear retail locations at the arena and SouthSide Works all day during those first four home dates.

cbcwpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:25 PM
derriko

vCash: 4116
I might enter just to get those tickets to NY even though I dont like the Pens or Rags haha. I also live in Washington state, but it would be a cool experience regardless.

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Old Man Barking
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
I am willing to bet the Ducks do little to nothing. They don't care about the fans and all our owner cares about nowadays is getting an NBA team. We have yet to receive a statement from the owners or our GM.

I bet they give out a free t-shirt or hat on opening night, then back to usual.

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 04:14 PM
gwinnettjet

vCash: 50
Nashville already trying to win back fans

MOD: Nashville offering free game 2 ticket if you buy game 1.

Last edited by Fugu: 01-10-2013 at 05:24 PM. Reason: no links to promotions
gwinnettjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:08 PM
RECsGuy*

So three tickets for the price of one? That might be better than the Lightning deal.

RECsGuy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 05:25 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
So three tickets for the price of one? That might be better than the Lightning deal.
And FTR, that was 200 (full season) STH packages for $200 (for only 24 hours).

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:19 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
No, it's 2 for 1.

Buy game 1, get game 2.

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:28 PM
ThisYearsModel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Cupcakes View Post
I am willing to bet the Ducks do little to nothing. They don't care about the fans and all our owner cares about nowadays is getting an NBA team. We have yet to receive a statement from the owners or our GM.

I bet they give out a free t-shirt or hat on opening night, then back to usual.
Do the Samueli's own the Honda Center?

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Buffalo is offering 50% of merchandise at the Sabres store at the arena. Sale starts when training camp begins, and ends after the first home game.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:40 PM
skeena1

LA Kings ‏@LAKings

As a thank you for fans' patience, #LAKings are donating $1 million back to the LA community.

LA Kings ‏@LAKings

#LAKings will open season with replica banner giveaway and will also have a replica ring giveaway during the season.

skeena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 06:45 PM
Mant*

So... contests that will give a couple fans dinner and a show, a sale on merchandise (which just means bigger profits for the store), and 1 mile worth of road work.

I expect higher ticket prices as a thank you from the avalanche.

Mant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:06 PM
edog37

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
http://blog.pennlive.com/fanbox/2013...ring_free.html

Penguins

The Penguins will hold a week-long program of contests [next week] for fans to win exciting prizes leading up to the home opener. The contests will be held via social media and the team’s website. Prizes include:

• A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season

• A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)

• Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury

• Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game

• Two five-game mini-plans

• Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game

• $700 of merchandise at PensGear

All training camp sessions at Consol Energy Center will be open to the public (free admission). The Penguins will distribute promotional items at each of the first 15 home games. All fans attending the home opener will receive a gold “Great Day For Hockey” T-shirt.

The team announced select concession items will be free to all fans attending the Pens’ first four home games at Consol Energy Center, and team merchandise will be half off at PensGear retail locations at the arena and SouthSide Works all day during those first four home dates.
I'm not surprised the Pens are doing this. They were one of the more moderates in the debate to begin with & they usually do right by the fans. I was very pleased with the way I was treated when I had season tickets.

edog37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog37 View Post
I'm not surprised the Pens are doing this. They were one of the more moderates in the debate to begin with & they usually do right by the fans. I was very pleased with the way I was treated when I had season tickets.
To me it looks like they're going to do right by... ten, maybe fifteen, fans.

Old
01-10-2013, 08:13 PM
edog37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
during the Stanley Cup Final a few years ago, front office types would go out to the crowd outside the building watching the big screen & give away free tickets to the game that night. The Pens have always been fan friendly. They might do more as the season progresses, but at least they came out with something up front. Let's see what the other teams are offering....

Old
01-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by edog37 View Post
during the Stanley Cup Final a few years ago, front office types would go out to the crowd outside the building watching the big screen & give away free tickets to the game that night. The Pens have always been fan friendly. They might do more as the season progresses, but at least they came out with something up front. Let's see what the other teams are offering....
Oh I'm sure it's more than my team will do, since last lockout we got a cheap stanley cup trophy which cost the team less money to provide than the increased ticket prices gained them from the first game. Basically the "Thank you, fans!" trophy was paid for by the fans who paid for the tickets thanks to the price hike.

But still, I don't see how the Penguins holding some contests that a few lucky people will win as being something for the fanbase. All the fans got screwed, and a handful of them will get a reward which likely would have been given out throughout the regular season home games that have already been lost to the lockout.

Old
01-10-2013, 10:07 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

PollakOnSharks 6:04pm via Web Those goodwill gestures other NHL teams announcing? #Sjsharks say they've got 'em, too, but prefer to wait till later to spell things out.

Tick

Tock

Old
01-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
How so? They're also giving away free concessions at the first four home games. Three vouchers per person for basically everything except beer and "branded" stuff like Pizza Hut. That's probably $25 in free food per person for over 18,000 people, times four games. Considering that they're one of the teams that realistically doesn't really have to do much of anything to get fans to come back I'd say that's a pretty decent offer. Plus they're offering 50% off at the team store (which benefits them as much as the fans so to me that's a wash) and opening camp up to the public free of charge in addition to those social media prizes.

The Pens treat their fans very, very well.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 08:53 AM
cutchemist42

The $1 mil donation by the Kings effectively only helps their PR/brand while not helping the fans. Nice try.....

cutchemist42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:01 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

I find it very kind of teams to sell us the last year gear at 50% price, then two weeks later they will fill the shelves with 2012-2013 gear and screw them fans again.

Last edited by LadyStanley: 01-12-2013 at 01:33 PM. Reason: natd
powerstuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 09:47 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
The $1 mil donation by the Kings effectively only helps their PR/brand while not helping the fans. Nice try.....
yeah screw the community charities, I want free hot dogs!

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 10:40 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dying Alive View Post
[Pens] opening camp up to the public free of charge in addition to those social media prizes.

The Pens treat their fans very, very well.
The Sharks have had their training camps (and RS practices on non game days at home) open/free for years. YMMV.

Last edited by LadyStanley: 01-12-2013 at 01:34 PM.
Old
01-11-2013, 10:54 AM
pepty

vCash: 492
Rumoured for Ottawa, free tickets for kids 14 years and younger for the first game(s).

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:11 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Dallas Stars:

Stars working on plan that will allow children 12 and under free upper deck tickets (with an adult purchase) in January and February

http://starsblog.dallasnews.com/2013...february.html/

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 11:35 AM
ChrisNI

vCash: 2300
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepty View Post
Rumoured for Ottawa, free tickets for kids 14 years and younger for the first game(s).
I would assume this is when accompanied by an adult.
Also wonder is it 1 free child per 1 free adult?

Round up all your cousins, etc under 14, get their parents to throw you 5/10 bucks to take them to a hockey game....you get free hockey, they get free hockey, EVERYBODY gets free hockey!

then again it is the sens haha

ChrisNI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 12:43 PM
edog37

Quote:
Oh I'm sure it's more than my team will do, since last lockout we got a cheap stanley cup trophy which cost the team less money to provide than the increased ticket prices gained them from the first game. Basically the "Thank you, fans!" trophy was paid for by the fans who paid for the tickets thanks to the price hike.

But still, I don't see how the Penguins holding some contests that a few lucky people will win as being something for the fanbase. All the fans got screwed, and a handful of them will get a reward which likely would have been given out throughout the regular season home games that have already been lost to the lockout.
the Pens have always treated their fans really well. In the many years I had season tickets, it was always first class treatment. This is actually a pretty decent gesture on their part & nothing less than I would expect.

I agree the league as a whole every fan base & huge apology for these shenanigans.