HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-15-2013, 04:06 AM
  #251
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcarder View Post
I wonder what we're going to do with our glut of forwards once Salgado is healthy (he's probably only a week or two away, playing in an exhibition match soon).

We've got an embarassment of riches compared to what we used to have but the concern is obviously getting people enough playing time.
We've got a solid number of fowards but hardly an "embarassment of riches".

Miller - should be our best and most consistent forward all season long
Mattocks - will have his ups and downs but should be solid again despite only being a second year pro
Camilo - skilled player (who seems to have really picked up his work rate). He was a starter on the 2011 team, 2nd choice on the 2012 team and has fallen further still as our team has gotten better.

Salgado - It would be unreasonable to expect him to make the jump like Mattocks did but he has shown he's got MLS quality now.
Hienemann - Good target with a pretty good touch. Not going to be a significant piece on any good MLS team. Will be a reserve player
Hertzog - Good hard worker up front who's got some pedigree but at this point is not going to be a significant piece on any good MLS team.
Clarke - some people are REALLY high on this kid and he does show a lot of really impressive tools. Not ready for MLS time other than the odd minutes he can sneak in.

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 04:49 AM
  #252
orcatown
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,754
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
We've got a solid number of fowards but hardly an "embarassment of riches".

Miller - should be our best and most consistent forward all season long
Mattocks - will have his ups and downs but should be solid again despite only being a second year pro
Camilo - skilled player (who seems to have really picked up his work rate). He was a starter on the 2011 team, 2nd choice on the 2012 team and has fallen further still as our team has gotten better.

Salgado - It would be unreasonable to expect him to make the jump like Mattocks did but he has shown he's got MLS quality now.
Hienemann - Good target with a pretty good touch. Not going to be a significant piece on any good MLS team. Will be a reserve player
Hertzog - Good hard worker up front who's got some pedigree but at this point is not going to be a significant piece on any good MLS team.
Clarke - some people are REALLY high on this kid and he does show a lot of really impressive tools. Not ready for MLS time other than the odd minutes he can sneak in.
Have to consider Hurtado and Manneh as well. Hurtado maybe the best of the bunch.

orcatown is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 09:05 AM
  #253
Jyrki21
Registered Trademark
 
Jyrki21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Lesotho
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
We've got a solid number of fowards but hardly an "embarassment of riches".
Hey, are you the same Yogi from the Southsiders' forum?

Jyrki21 is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 10:54 AM
  #254
Alflives
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,539
vCash: 500
Not a soccer (football to most in this forum, I would expect) fan, but I did watch much of the last Whitecaps game. It did catch my attention, and I thought it exciting. I know very little about the game, but liked the fast pace of both teams. I did not like how the ball kept bouncing so much off the turf though. Why not play on grass?

Alflives is offline  
Old
03-15-2013, 02:14 PM
  #255
Eastside
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Not a soccer (football to most in this forum, I would expect) fan, but I did watch much of the last Whitecaps game. It did catch my attention, and I thought it exciting. I know very little about the game, but liked the fast pace of both teams. I did not like how the ball kept bouncing so much off the turf though. Why not play on grass?
There aren't any grass stadiums in the area that would suit the Whitecaps needs. I think the long-term plan of the club is to eventually get on grass, they just need to find a way to make it happen. Hope you keep tuning in, they've been a lot of fun to watch so far this season.

Eastside is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:37 PM
  #256
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Have to consider Hurtado and Manneh as well. Hurtado maybe the best of the bunch.
That's a fair point, I consider those guys wingers (not necessarily striker forwards) but they both can fill an offensive hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
Hey, are you the same Yogi from the Southsiders' forum?
I've been found out. Yes.

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 12:48 PM
  #257
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
That's a fair point, I consider those guys wingers (not necessarily striker forwards) but they both can fill an offensive hole.



I've been found out. Yes.
Mystery solved...

Cant believe that the Cascadia derby isn't going to be on Canadian tv

JBIZ14 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 03:49 PM
  #258
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,190
vCash: 500
I wish I could change my southsiders forum name, I named it "mrRobson"

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:20 PM
  #259
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I wish I could change my southsiders forum name, I named it "mrRobson"


Should have went with Mobilio

JBIZ14 is offline  
Old
03-16-2013, 04:48 PM
  #260
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Samzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 10,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBIZ14 View Post


Should have went with Mobilio
rip.

Samzilla is online now  
Old
03-17-2013, 07:34 PM
  #261
Slot 3
exitus acta probat
 
Slot 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
I wish I could change my southsiders forum name, I named it "mrRobson"

Slot 3 is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 01:57 PM
  #262
Wildcarder
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
We've got a solid number of fowards but hardly an "embarassment of riches".
Compared to what we used to have a couple seasons ago? Yes we do.

I did consider Hurtado and Manneh in that opinion though.

Wildcarder is offline  
Old
03-18-2013, 03:58 PM
  #263
Eastside
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Went to the Caps friendly against UVIC on Saturday. Fun atmosphere, with an announced attendance of 2600. Got to see Camilo, Hurtado, Manneh, Salgado, Tiebert, Knighton and a few others.

Lets hope we can get another 3 points on Saturday. Any thoughts on who might draw in for Miller (called up to the Scottish National team). I think it might be Camilo. They had him play well into the second half on Saturday, but it looked to me like he was playing the lone striker role. We'll see I guess.

Eastside is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 03:10 AM
  #264
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastside View Post
Went to the Caps friendly against UVIC on Saturday. Fun atmosphere, with an announced attendance of 2600. Got to see Camilo, Hurtado, Manneh, Salgado, Tiebert, Knighton and a few others.

Lets hope we can get another 3 points on Saturday. Any thoughts on who might draw in for Miller (called up to the Scottish National team). I think it might be Camilo. They had him play well into the second half on Saturday, but it looked to me like he was playing the lone striker role. We'll see I guess.
Better draw than UBC. Other than the coaching staff, players, media and the UBC womens team waiting for practice to start there were a solid.. 50 people?

Lots of people believe Kobayashi will slot into Millers role and Camilo (who worked hard last game) will slot on the right wing. Personally, I'd go with Hurtado (despite many reasons not to) just for the pace on the counter.

Also a little disappointed Davis didn't get called up by the US... not that he's been playing all that great.

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 06:03 PM
  #265
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Better draw than UBC. Other than the coaching staff, players, media and the UBC womens team waiting for practice to start there were a solid.. 50 people?

Lots of people believe Kobayashi will slot into Millers role and Camilo (who worked hard last game) will slot on the right wing. Personally, I'd go with Hurtado (despite many reasons not to) just for the pace on the counter.

Also a little disappointed Davis didn't get called up by the US... not that he's been playing all that great.
Quote:
@LukeWileman: Whitecaps won't now face Brad Davis this weekend. The Houston midfielder has been added to the US squad for World Cup Qualifying #MLS
there ya go

JBIZ14 is offline  
Old
03-19-2013, 07:00 PM
  #266
YogiCanucks
Registered User
 
YogiCanucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,453
vCash: 500
Sweet dills! Thanks for the update.

YogiCanucks is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 02:23 PM
  #267
luongoisdaman
Registered User
 
luongoisdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,092
vCash: 500
It's gameday!

NRC's gonna wear the armband today, and Camilo is probably gonna draw in for Miller while he's away on international duty.

Go 'Caps!

luongoisdaman is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 03:48 PM
  #268
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User
 
WinterEmpire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,883
vCash: 500
It's so weird to see the whitecaps play after a canucks game

WinterEmpire is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 04:40 PM
  #269
Taco Fingerhat
Registered User
 
Taco Fingerhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
GAMEDAAAAY! I'm ridiculously pumped up for this game. It's been too long!

Taco Fingerhat is online now  
Old
03-23-2013, 04:57 PM
  #270
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,190
vCash: 500
god damn this was the longest two weeks ever

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 07:39 PM
  #271
JBIZ14
Registered User
 
JBIZ14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lethbridge
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,347
vCash: 500
Hurtado draws in for the Caps...guess they are going for the win....speed attack.

JBIZ14 is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 07:48 PM
  #272
petrishriekandgo
Why not us?
 
petrishriekandgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,301
vCash: 500
Gunna be fun... schedule sucks ass, looking forward to seeing the guys get another W.

petrishriekandgo is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:51 PM
  #273
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van
 
Lucbourdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,190
vCash: 500
Dreadful start, everybody screaming at each other already

Lucbourdon is offline  
Old
03-23-2013, 08:57 PM
  #274
Taco Fingerhat
Registered User
 
Taco Fingerhat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Dreadful start, everybody screaming at each other already
I think they're missing Robson's leadership.

Taco Fingerhat is online now  
Old
03-23-2013, 09:06 PM
  #275
VeteranNetPresence
Disco Super Fly.
 
VeteranNetPresence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,904
vCash: 500
you can tell why houston have such a good home record.

VeteranNetPresence is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.