HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Vancouver Whitecaps Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-14-2013, 02:16 AM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Honeymoom for Rennie will still soon be over.

Seems like he can't get over his fascination (could express it other ways) with Davidson. I think he is the only guy from Vancouver to Hope and beyond who can't see that Davidson is totally inadequate. Can't close down players, can't move the ball, can't even run properly (I've 70-year-olds with more leg stride and power). Total slug right in the middle of the field.

Also Herzog has no talent - he is not fast and has no skill with the ball. Just one of those guys, like Knight, that is athletic works hard but has no touch or change of pace. I get the point that you are sending a message to Mattocks but, in the end, he wasted a half in which there was some good ball movement by the WhiteCaps, especially Tiebert, with no one up front to do much with it.

Guys like Herzog and Davidson are simply not good enough. You play people like this and you lose. Plus the level of soccer becomes boring with zero entertainment value.

Daigo had another poor game and hopefully Koffie can get back to form and replace him. Guy has been oversold and in reality looks very mediocre.

Really like Tiebert and you have to ask why he wasn't played earlier. Why were players like Thorrington ahead of this player? And at this point, you are almost afraid that Rennie, on some whim, will pull Tiebert out.

Also thought Reo Coker, Cannon, O'Brien, Lee Camilo had good games. However, you really like to see Camilo dish off the ball when he draws defenders rather charging ahead with his head down.

I think, overall, you have to question Rennie's player selection process. It is an absolute priority to get Davidson out of there and if Rennie can't see that then there has to be huge questions about his coaching ability. Looking to me, more and more , that it is players like Reo Coker who are driving the bus and you wonder how long they are going to put up with a coach who is saddling the team with players that give them little chance to win.

Old
04-14-2013, 02:19 AM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post

Seems like he can't get over his fascination (could express it other ways) with Davidson. I think he is the only guy from Vancouver to Hope and beyond who can't see that Davidson is totally inadequate. Can't close down players, can't move the ball, can't even run properly (I've 70-year-olds with more leg stride and power). Total slug right in the middle of the field.

Also Herzog has no talent - he is not fast and has no skill with the ball. Just one of those guys, like Knight, that is athletic works hard but has no touch or change of pace. I get the point that you are sending a message to Mattocks but, in the end, he wasted a half in which there was some good ball movement by the WhiteCaps, especially Tiebert, with no one up front to do much with it.

Guys like Herzog and Davidson are simply not good enough. You play people like this and you lose. Plus the level of soccer becomes boring with zero entertainment value.

Daigo had another poor game and hopefully Koffie can get back to form and replace him. Guy has been oversold and in reality looks very mediocre.

Really like Tiebert and you have to ask why he wasn't played earlier. Why were players like Thorrington ahead of this player? And at this point, you are almost afraid that Rennie, on some whim, will pull Tiebert out.

Also thought Reo Coker, Cannon, O'Brien, Lee Camilo had good games. However, you really like to see Camilo dish off the ball when he draws defenders rather charging ahead with his head down.

I think, overall, you have to question Rennie's player selection process. It is an absolute priority to get Davidson out of there and if Rennie can't see that then there has to be huge questions about his coaching ability. Looking to me, more and more , that it is players like Reo Coker who are driving the bus and you wonder how long they are going to put up with a coach who is saddling the team with players that give them little chance to win.
Solid post orca, I will say this tho, I think you might be a bit hard on Daigo, He can only do so much with the front and lack of creativity they have recently.

I would honestly start camilo more often, dives a ton, gets calls, has a decent shot, could be a solid player this year with a more offensive playmaker in daigo.

Old
04-14-2013, 09:39 AM
Carl Carlson

Caps had some good spells offensively. Unfortunately they lacked that killer touch inside the 18.
Davidson had a rough game. It's time for him to spend some time on the bench. I also wish Rochat would stop playing the long ball so often from the back. He gives it away so often doing it. Reo Cocker and Tiebert work well together in the middle. Tiebert is really impressing me. The caps spend the last year really working with him on improving his game and its paid off. Herzog is a useful forward sub but Mattocks should start the next game. Like Heinamen he isn't ready to start on a regular basis but he is a decent option off the bench.

Old
04-14-2013, 10:24 AM
Carl Carlson

Canada's U17 team qualified for the U17 world cup beating Jamaica yesterday. There are 5 whitecap youth players on the team and 3 of them have played prominent roles. Good to see our residency program is producing some quality players.

Old
04-14-2013, 11:05 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Was away this weekend, so missed the game; sounds like they played well, but unfortunate to see a draw at home.

04-15-2013, 11:44 AM
gurfling

I also thing you are being harsh on Daigo. He possesses good vision & is certainly capable of some nice plays. I think for the most part he plays quite well.

The 2 players who I don't like are Davidson, like pretty much everyone else here, he simply has very little ball skills. At the end of last season he was stapled to the bench, for good reason, he hasn't suddenly gotten better.

The other player I am not a fan of, is Camilo. Orca, like you said, he gets his head down & tries to beat guys, but unfortunately, he's not changing now, this is what he does. He is great at set pieces, but doesn't bring his teammates into the game at all, I just get frustrated by him constantly losing the ball through trying to beat that 1 extra guy. He's the one guy I'd like to see moved.

I thought the guy they missed last game, & I never thought I would say this, is Miller. He seems to provide energy & a sense of responsibility to the whole team. He's out there busting his ass, so the other guys work harder too.

Oh & agreed on Hertzog, he's decent, but Mattocks is simply a better player. I get that Mattocks isn't the greatest on the ball player, he's not beating many guys with his dribbling, but from what I saw of Hertzog, he's not any better than Mattocks. I think Mattocks is just as good a finisher, while being much superior in the air. Maybe the effort level hasn't been there in practice, that's the only thing I can think of, & him not starting is sending a message, which I totally get.

I think it would be interesting if Rennie would throw in Koffie for Davidson & have 3 central guys that can move the ball around.

Anyways, here's hoping Miller is better for the next game & that we only have to see Davidson coming in late while holding leads ( he is solid defensively, I will give him that).

Old
04-17-2013, 06:35 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edler Von Gud View Post
Can't stand Davidson. Moves too slow and thinks too slow. He's like the Bieksa of the whitecaps but without the ability to make up for his blunders offensively.
I was in favour of keeping him in after his bad game in Chivas but he's failed to have a strong bounce back performance. I'd rather have Reo-Coker or Koffie in the holding role. Neither would be as dominant as Davidson defensively but they would do a good job and offer so much more going forward (ie. pass the ball forward every once in a while). Though I think this is an opinion shared by many.

Old
04-17-2013, 06:43 PM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post

For the most part, I respectfully disagree with a lot of your post. Rennie is a fantastic manager but he still has to prove he can hang at this level (as he has at every other level).

Davidson, for all his faults, IS our best midfielder on the defensive side of the ball. He fills holes a lot better than Koffie does. Nigel could be as good but he is going to be used going forward. I agree it's time for a change though. I believe if DeMerit was in the lineup we wouldn't be seeing as much of Davidson.

Your assessment on Hertzog is true but incomplete. Rennie isn't throwing out the best XI on paper every week. He's throwing out the guys in form, who are working hard in training. So much about a good football team is squad culture, if Russel Teibert knows he's not getting into the 11 (or 18) because other guys are deemed "more skilled" there is NO incentive for him to push the starters. Also, Corey "no talent" Hertzog has as many goals as Mattocks, which is what it comes down to as a striker (and he's scored a LOT in the reserve games I've been at).

Old
04-20-2013, 05:09 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

TFC blew the lead in the last second of the game AGAIN lol

Old
04-20-2013, 07:08 PM
CorbeauNoir

----------Canon
Lee - O'Brien - Rusin - Rochat
--R-C - Davidson - Teibert
Watson - Heinemann - Hurtado

Huh...

Old
04-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

wtf is up with our lineup?

Old
04-20-2013, 07:55 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

not a very good start at all

Old
04-20-2013, 07:56 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Cannon and Reo-Coker the only bright spots

Old
04-20-2013, 08:02 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Hurtado = David booth.

Absolutely zero IQ

Old
04-20-2013, 08:08 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

Watching road games is absolute torture

Old
04-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

This is complete and utter domination.

This is not even remotely close, Dallas should have like 4/5 goals already, cannon putting on a clinic.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Why is hurtado starting? enough is enough

Old
04-20-2013, 08:19 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

are you freaking kidding me....

Old
04-20-2013, 08:23 PM
WinterEmpire
Unregistered User

12 year olds could get a better shot off from that position

Old
04-20-2013, 08:27 PM
Illmatic Stoic

Can't believe he missed that.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:36 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

This lineup would have trouble beating the 2011 Vancouver Whitecaps.

Old
04-20-2013, 08:48 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

I miss mentos

Old
04-20-2013, 09:06 PM
FDBluth

Koffie immediately showing why he's about a million times better than Davidson and already having a much bigger impact on the game. It infuriates me that Rennie continues to leave him on the bench while Davidson sits there on the field, taking up space. So annoying.

Also, how is Watson still in this game, or even in this game at all? Why is he playing wing forward? He's a midfielder.

This makes no sense. The formation is an absolute mess. Rennie has the tools, but has no idea what to do with it.

Old
04-20-2013, 09:55 PM
CorbeauNoir

Shut the game off early to play some Dark Souls. Turns out that still managed to be a less painful experience than what I saw.

What the hell is Rennie thinking with these starting XIs? It's like he thinks this is still the preseason.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:47 PM
ohlund2.2

out of all the awful players i've wanted stapled to the bench or moved...dunfield, vagenas, thorrington (among others)

pretty sure davidson is at the top of that list. his defense is overrated, he has NO vision going forward (as evidenced by the ever popular back pass, no matter where he is on the pitch, or who's open) and on the rare occasion he does take a shot it's the most pathetic thing you've ever seen.

we're benching koffie for this? really?

Closed Thread