HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly possible fit?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
GermanTitov

vCash: 500
Ryan O'Reilly possible fit?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...mains-unsigned

GermanTitov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
GermanTitov

not sure if he can play wing but he played with Malkin in russia. said hes looking for a short term deal. why not? almost like a deadline deal where you dont have to give anyone up. well at this point we have lost strait and sneep. Any thoughts on him. im not super familiar with him, just his draft pedigree and stats. id image the fact that the Avs are willing to terminate his contract isnt good.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

I don't see a fit there. He's seems like a young two-way center in the mold of a Jordan Staal or Brandon Sutter and he's really not worth the 5 million/per he's looking for to our team since he's a questionable fit on the wing.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

But is Sutter a questionable fit on wing?

Tasty Biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:59 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasty Biscuits View Post
But is Sutter a questionable fit on wing?
I think he has the tools to be successful there and O'Reilly might too but both are unproven. I don't think you shell out assets + 5 million/per for a guy that you don't know for sure can play wing and you have no holes at center with Crosby, Malkin, Sutter down the middle.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:03 PM
GermanTitov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
I think he has the tools to be successful there and O'Reilly might too but both are unproven. I don't think you shell out assets + 5 million/per for a guy that you don't know for sure can play wing and you have no holes at center with Crosby, Malkin, Sutter down the middle.

thats the great part about it, hed be a signing not a trade, we wouldnt have to give anyone up. thats the only reason i was thinking maybe hed be worth a shot. maybe a one or two year deal at the right price. we got the room this year, next year however not so much but maybe he would be willing to take a little less to come to a cup contender and possible stat boosting season for his next contract.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:09 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Isn't O'Reilly RFA? Not sure what the new compensation system is but he'd cost an asset and the Avs may match the offer if it came down to it.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
Isn't O'Reilly RFA? Not sure what the new compensation system is but he'd cost an asset and the Avs may match the offer if it came down to it.
Yes he is an RFA and no we aren't trading for him / offer sheeting him. Next thread.

Shady Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:11 PM
netwolf

Send a message via ICQ to netwolf Send a message via AIM to netwolf Send a message via Yahoo to netwolf
Offer sheets still involve compensation in the way of draft picks based on the amount of the contract. Those are the assets I believe Hook was referring to.

I don't think he's a fit, and as others said, Avs will match unless you overpay. All that does is inflate the market for no reason. Not exactly a Shero kind of move.

netwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Jules Winnfield
Top 6 wing please...

I'd love to have ROR on the Pens but he wouldn't be a good fit for this team unless Bylsma "forces" he or Sutter to play the LW on Geno or Sid's line.

In a hypothetical world, if we did acquire ROR, I'd move him to the wing rather than Sutter. Sutter provides us a RH shot at C. The Pens could really use a RH shot on the wing in the first two lines but we'll see how Kennedy works out for a few games. I'm sure Kennedy will "shoot everybody" ala Malkin.

Jules Winnfield is offline   Reply With Quote