HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vladimir Sobotka

Old
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Vladimir Sobotka

Always really liked this kid, but it seems like he may be the victim of a numbers situation in St. Louis. Too many kids are coming up and Sobotka just can't get the icetime.

I think he's already a steady defensive forward, and I love his tenacity, as for a smaller guy he'll hit everything that moves. I also think he has some untapped offensive potential that was seen during the lockout when Sobotka played overseas.

I'm wondering if there's anything the Winnipeg Jets can offer to the Blues for Sobotka?

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:33 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

vCash: 500
Boston would love to have Sobotka back.

To St. Louis: Cohen, Hutchinson, 2013 6th

This offer will obviously be bested.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:35 PM
The Note
Unable To Even

I'd rather keep Sobotka as his value to the team is better than what we could realistically expect to get back. He's a great 4th line player, can move up to the 3rd in a pinch, PK's, physical he's a real good player in his role.

The Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:36 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
Yea i dont really see any reason to move him unless we were offered a big overpayment

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:38 PM
Norm MacDonald

He's getting third/fourth line minutes with top PK time. That seems about right for him

Norm MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:39 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
I still miss Sobotka too. Funny that he got moved because of the logjam at center in Boston, and he's still not playing center in St. Louis.

Why would they move him now though? He has a role there and he fills it pretty well.

dafoomie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Mike Liut

Hitch loves him. No reason to trade him unless for an over payment. He's a damn good player. Perfect 3rd / 4th liner.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:40 PM
Novacain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Always really liked this kid, but it seems like he may be the victim of a numbers situation in St. Louis. Too many kids are coming up and Sobotka just can't get the icetime.

I think he's already a steady defensive forward, and I love his tenacity, as for a smaller guy he'll hit everything that moves. I also think he has some untapped offensive potential that was seen during the lockout when Sobotka played overseas.

I'm wondering if there's anything the Winnipeg Jets can offer to the Blues for Sobotka?
While I appreciate the interest, and agree with your assessment, Sobotka is far too valuable in his current role for us to be looking to move him. He's the perfect modern 4th liner: high energy, strong defensively, great PK guy, and capable of moving up to the top 9 in a pinch.

Add in our desire to win now and a lack of weaknesses above him, and it's hard to figure a scenario in which Sobe is moved.

Novacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:41 PM
Mike Liut

easily one of my favorite Blues players. Love the kid's tenacity and grit.

Mike Liut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 10:47 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 130
He is perfect for us because he can split time with Schwartz on the 3rd line. In close games or defensive situations, Schwartz won't become a liability for us. It is the perfect situation for us and Sobotka.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:20 PM
Oshie97

Sobotka just fits the Blues to well to trade away, not saying he in untouchable but I don't think a team will offer what it would take for the Blues to let him go. Hope he sticks with the Blues for awhile as he is fun to watch. All heart and hard work, need those type of guys to have a strong team.

Oshie97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:01 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

He is signed to a very affordable 1.3m contract for this and next season as well. He will still likely get more ice time than Schwartz on most nights.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:59 AM
underslept
"well-informed"

Sobotka is lethal on the forecheck, hits like he's 6'5", has a lot of speed, good vision, a nice offensive touch, and is solid defensively.

He would make most any team's bottom six better and I doubt DA is willing to weaken ours for another team's benefit.

underslept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:05 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

What's wrong with his ice time? Seems about right. He's playing a crucial role, and is a player that can slide up to a top 3 line in case of injury, can play center if need be, and is critical on the PK.

He's not untouchable, but he's ideal at the role he fills on the Blues. Seems like a great fit, and not a guy that has any particular reason to be moved.

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:43 AM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

The reason Bruins fans would want him back is exactly the reason why the Blues will not trade him away.
He just fits perfectly in fast, tough systems like ours.

And the only way I can see him beeing traded is in a package for an upgrade, a 1for1 or a deal Sobi for picks makes no sense to us.

frostyflo is offline   Reply With Quote