HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Best Goalie Prospect

Old
02-09-2013, 02:35 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

vCash: 500
Homer vote for Mrazek. The kid has the mentality and emotional control to be a star NHL goalie and I think that's always the X factor in goaltender prospects.

Guru Meditation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 03:54 AM
blink

Don't really understand why some people are giving up on Jack Campbell already.....

Not saying he is the best but the secret is out on Phoenix's Mike Lee. Seriously underrated goalie and IMO much better than Visentin and anything else that the Coyotes have.

No joke....I seriously think he should be making some top 10 goalie lists.

blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I love how Campbell's already a bust when he's younger than most of the guys listed on here. His stats may not be impressive, but anyone who's watched him can tell you he's still got elite potential.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:08 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I love how Campbell's already a bust when he's younger than most of the guys listed on here. His stats may not be impressive, but anyone who's watched him can tell you he's still got elite potential.
I doubt many actually believe he is a bust (as he is a young goalie) but most people seem to believe that if a first round pick takes longer than 2 years to develop then something is wrong(not true). It is just a HF mentality, I would be lying if I didn't say I have been alittle disappointed when I have seen him play but that is manly because I expected him to be on the same level as Lehner and at this point he is not. But there is lots of time for him to develop into the player he was thought capable of becoming.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 01:57 PM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Not wanting to see a player that doesn't deserve a top 5 ranking get a top 5 ranking does not mean we think he's gonna bust. No one used that language. Don't jump to conclusions. I'm sure no one considered Thomas a top 5 goalie prospect when he was younger.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 05:57 PM
Minister of Offence

Lehner
Markstrom
Gibson
Vasilevski

Those are the young elite prospects I know of in goaltending. They need mental fortitude, calmness and confidence to get there though...and lesser talented goaltenders with those in abundances could pass them. Any great Finnish or eastern Euro goaltenders out there, I'm just not acquainted with them at all.

I'd say Lehner's the least physically skilled of that group. But I wouldn't doubt he's got the aforementioned character traits in abundances the other three won't have. Not to say he's a slouch skill-wise, the other guys are just textbook.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 11:38 AM
blink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Lehner
Markstrom
Gibson
Vasilevski

Those are the young elite prospects I know of in goaltending. They need mental fortitude, calmness and confidence to get there though...and lesser talented goaltenders with those in abundances could pass them. Any great Finnish or eastern Euro goaltenders out there, I'm just not acquainted with them at all.

I'd say Lehner's the least physically skilled of that group. But I wouldn't doubt he's got the aforementioned character traits in abundances the other three won't have. Not to say he's a slouch skill-wise, the other guys are just textbook.
John Gibson says hello. Gibson is Carey Price v2.0.

Gibson has the most mental toughness, calmness and confidence out of any goalie that has come out of the OHL in a long time.

Agreed though on these 4 prospects being the best right now.

blink is offline   Reply With Quote