HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We have a potential deal in place with one team, GM says of Luongo deal

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 03:20 PM
arsmaster

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I do as well. I'm wondering what roster move Florida needs to make first though, as stated by Gillis?
That RH defensman on his ELC has to come off IR before they can trade him.

People assume its a trade or buyout that needs to me made, I just have a feeling its an injured player who needs to get healthy.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:36 PM
croatNUCKS

Gillis said mysterious team...unexpected team... maybe eg. Ottawa or Anaheim ??

I think...there is no need to think logical

Old
01-24-2013, 03:38 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

People assume its a trade or buyout that needs to me made, I just have a feeling its an injured player who needs to get healthy.

You really think we could pull out the D with a Norse last name? I could dream but I doubt it.

Anyone else feel like teams are waiting to see if Calgary continues to shizzen the bed and wait on Kipper? He'd have a lot of value based on his contract length ( one more year at 5.8 million?). I can't believe I'd be actually cheering for Calgary to do better.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:41 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by croatNUCKS View Post

The New York Rangers

01-24-2013, 03:43 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
The New York Rangers
Could you imagine if he actually went back to the Island though? haha

Old
01-24-2013, 03:44 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
You really think we could pull out the D with a Norse last name? I could dream but I doubt it.

Anyone else feel like teams are waiting to see if Calgary continues to shizzen the bed and wait on Kipper? He'd have a lot of value based on his contract length ( one more year at 5.8 million?). I can't believe I'd be actually cheering for Calgary to do better.
His value would be through the roof, Kipper that is, especially to a budget team as his salary is only $1.5 million next season.

Interesting thought.

About said RH d-man, it's hard to say...I'm sold on adding another blueliner, but we know MG targetted him. Maybe Bjugstad was a smoke screen?

Better than talking about Bozo and Karni.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Lou for Dubnyk and Ganger.

Lou gets a divorce.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:

No he doesn't.

Teams can and do trade for injured players, and assuming we're talking about a player everyone expects to make a full recovery there's not much reason to believe the Canucks would balk at acquiring him beforehand.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
I see little chance of the Flames going thru a re-build; no matter how badly they do (and they'd be like Fishsticks bad if they didn't have Kipper). Their ownership is against that.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:49 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
His value would be through the roof, Kipper that is, especially to a budget team as his salary is only $1.5 million next season.

Interesting thought.

About said RH d-man, it's hard to say...I'm sold on adding another blueliner, but we know MG targetted him. Maybe Bjugstad was a smoke screen?

Better than talking about Bozo and Karni.
I really feel like this is the year Calgary really sucks, both teams looked like garbage last night at times. Calgary did not seem like they have more gears to their game and Vancouver clearly has 2-3 more.

A team like Washington would be all over Kipper, send back one of their goalies of the future to Calgary.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Biggest Canuck Fan

Send a message via ICQ to Biggest Canuck Fan
Quote:
I really feel like this is the year Calgary really sucks, both teams looked like garbage last night at times. Calgary did not seem like they have more gears to their game and Vancouver clearly has 2-3 more.

A team like Washington would be all over Kipper, send back one of their goalies of the future to Calgary.
If the Flames had any sense they would trade Kipper and Iginla for 1st rounders, and stockpile this draft, starting with Jones on D, and then 2 solid forwards. It would not take more than a few years for them to be rebuilt.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
vector209

Quote:

I seriously hope so, because so far, their play has been underwhelming. Shades of 2006-08 Canucks creeping back.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:58 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggest Canuck Fan View Post
If the Flames had any sense they would trade Kipper and Iginla for 1st rounders, and stockpile this draft, starting with Jones on D, and then 2 solid forwards. It would not take more than a few years for them to be rebuilt.
If they had any sense they would have done it last year.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:03 PM
crazycanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
I see little chance of the Flames going thru a re-build; no matter how badly they do (and they'd be like Fishsticks bad if they didn't have Kipper). Their ownership is against that.
Yup, the only way Kipper is traded is if the Flames completely **** the bed. You have to remember that they are missing 2 of the their 3 key offseason acquisitions, Hudler was away at his Dad's funeral and Cervenka was recovering from blood clot issues. Flames management and ownership are gunning for the playoffs.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:06 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

That is actually a great idea for Calgary, too bad their too stubborn to do it.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:08 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector209 View Post
I seriously hope so, because so far, their play has been underwhelming. Shades of 2006-08 Canucks creeping back.
Their missing two top 6 forwards, and one who most consider the heart and soul of the team.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Yup, the only way Kipper is traded is if the Flames completely **** the bed. You have to remember that they are missing 2 of the their 3 key offseason acquisitions, Hudler was away at his Dad's funeral and Cervenka was recovering from blood clot issues. Flames management and ownership are gunning for the playoffs.
-What are we doing tonight, Brain?
-The same thing we do every night, Pinky...try to make the playoffs.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:12 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector209 View Post
If I recall, we had a pretty underwhelming start last year too and we are missing Kesler. The biggest issue for me is the blown leads. The rest will sort itself out.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:20 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Good for us because Flames is on pace for continued mediocrity. Team is hardly a playoff team ATM and due to Tanguay/Iginla/Kipper fizzling out, the upcoming talent (Sven/Horak et all) will only be good enough to keep them from becoming basement dwellers. That's why as of now, they have no future.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:22 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Yup, the only way Kipper is traded is if the Flames completely **** the bed.
And the only way the Flames completely **** the bed is if they trade Kipper. Infinite 9th place loop!

Old
01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
PG Canuck
BellLetsTalk #RYP37

vCash: 50
Quote:

Washington.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:30 PM
kanuck87

Quote:

That goes without saying, on this subject. Logical would mean that the deal is nowhere close to being done and that MG will ultimately get nowhere as much as he hoped for in a Luongo trade.

Old
01-24-2013, 04:31 PM
Nuckles
RIP Capgeek

vCash: 50
Quote:

LA Lakers?
Howard for Luongo?

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Anyone still get the feeling its Florida?

I do!

And I think its for a RH defensman on his ELC....not going to type his name, don't want Beezeral to laugh LOL
It's Florida, IMHO... Always has been... Always will be... unless another team forces themselves upon Luongo through a spectacular return...

I'd bet on Florida... Just not the "when"... I wouldn't bet upon it being sooner than the draft, unless Florida feels pressured to do so (and I don't see it)... Gillis is trying to get more out of Florida, IMO, to justify getting Luongo to Florida quicker... as the return doesn't help now... Trying to build pressure, by saying that Florida could lose Luongo all together if they wait...

A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶f̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶F̶l̶o̶r̶i̶d̶a̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶F̶l̶o̶r̶i̶d̶a̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶2̶n̶d̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶. At the draft, Florida will send the 1st round pick, as well as 1 or 2 nice prospects, for Luongo (the roster player to help immediately, no longer necessary, as it's the offseason and there are opportunities for UFA, as well as decisions to be made for the overall roster as well)... In the offseason, Theodore will be given the option to return as a Florida backup for a year, sign with another team, or retire as a Panther...

That's my story... Oh, and Luongo wins a cup before he leaves... Schneider got ran in the cup finals, and Luongo grabbed the bull by the horns and won on the grandest of stages... They all lived happily ever after... except Toronto... All the kings horses, and all the kings men... not even Humpty Dumpty Nonis could put the Leafs back together again...

The end.

Last edited by I in the Eye: 01-24-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 04:41 PM
ddawg1950

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
It's Florida, IMHO... Always has been... Always will be... unless another team forces themselves upon Luongo through a spectacular return...

I'd bet on Florida... Just not the "when"... I wouldn't bet upon it being sooner than the draft, unless Florida feels pressured to do so (and I don't see it)... Gillis is trying to get more out of Florida, IMO, to justify getting Luongo to Florida quicker... as the return doesn't help now... Trying to build pressure, by saying that Florida could lose Luongo all together if they wait...

After the first round of the draft, after Florida gets the player they wanted to in the first round, Florida will send the 2nd round pick, plus one or two nice prospects for Luongo (the roster player to help immediately, no longer necessary, as it's the offseason and there are opportunities for UFA, as well as decisions to be made for the overall roster as well)... In the offseason, Theodore will be given the option to return as a Florida backup for a year, sign with another team, or retire as a Panther...

That's my story... Oh, and Luongo wins a cup before he leaves... Schneider got ran in the cup finals, and Luongo grabbed the bull by the horns and won on the grandest of stages... They all lived happily ever after... except Toronto... All the kings horses, and all the kings men... not even Humpty Dumpty Nonis could put the Leafs back together again...

The end.
Works for me.

Closed Thread