HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We have a potential deal in place with one team, GM says of Luongo deal

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 02:05 AM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windflare View Post
My guess is Drew Shore, who is called up right now to fill a spot because of the injury to Versteeg. But who knows.
Not another project that nobody has heard of...

Old
01-22-2013, 02:06 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieksallent View Post
That's the main problem with a Philadelphia trade. It would have to wait until the summer. They could send salary our way but no way do they want to have just under $11 million in goaltenders even for just one shortened season. Nobody's going to touch that albatross of a contract either, so... Summer.
Quite possible it's close to the deadline as well. If they are indeed in on this, I can see Holmgren pulling the trigger on something pretty massive like:

Schenn or Coutourier, Voracheck

for

Luongo, Schroeder or Jensen, Tanev + 1st.

Especially in the summer or at the draft.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:07 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
Flyers have $860,000 in cap space...

And holy crap I didn't know voracek makes 4.25 million.

Lu for voracek almost works
Actually they have more than that with Pronger on the IR

Old
01-22-2013, 02:07 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
Not another project that nobody has heard of...
That YOU havent heard of actually.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:10 AM
King of Anarchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natureboy1235 View Post
I think it's Washington. They're in win now mode, Luongo can be a very good mentor for Holtby.
I wonder how long Luongo's no-trade list is now that the season has started and he's still here as the backup.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:14 AM
Rey

Watch it be Detroit and we're waiting for Darren Helm to be healthy. Don't think people would expect that. Rumors were swirling that Datsyuk was offered for Luongo back when Luongo was in Florida. Jimmy Howard has been good in the regular season, but has never been solid in the playoffs, and is a UFA after this year. McCollum isn't developing the way we thought he was going to.

With Lidstrom gone, Detroit is desperate for a goalie or elite defense man. Luongo's the best bet.

Last edited by Rey: 01-22-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old
01-22-2013, 02:18 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Washington makes no sense. They have Neuvirth and Holtby, both of which made Varlamov expendable. Didn't they dump Vokoun as well? No chance.

Philly is a possibility.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:18 AM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Quite possible it's close to the deadline as well. If they are indeed in on this, I can see Holmgren pulling the trigger on something pretty massive like:

for

Not sure I would be willing to give up Jensen on top of Luongo. Jensen has shown signs of becoming every bit the player Voracek has shown to be SO FAR. I see Jensen becoming a 50-65 point scoring forward, pretty much what Voracek is right now, so I'm not sure its worth it to give up Luongo on top of it.

I know about guaranteed success versus potential, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Just saying I kind of want to see how he turns out before moving him, would rather move Gaunce.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:20 AM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler is Bestler View Post
  • Edmonton, Colorado - No way Gillis trades Luongo to a team within the division
  • San Jose - Maybe.
  • Phoenix - Cash strapped, and goaltending is the least of their concerns
  • Dallas - Signed a new contract with Lehtonen
  • Detroit - Howard is an excellent goalie
  • Chicago - Would take massive overpayment
  • Columbus - Maybe
  • Ottawa - Maybe
  • NYI - They already have 3 starting goalies... (Montoya, Nabakov, and DiPietro)...Dont see how a deal could be in place unless DiPietro is coming back the other way
  • Washington - Maybe
  • Tampa - Just traded for Lindback
  • Winnipeg - Just signed Pavelec
San Jose - Maybe. But I dont think Niemi has been that bad.Not been exceptionally good either ala Tosk/Nabs

Winnipeg - Just signed Pavelec Not a very good goalie yet

New Jersey it is.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Hammer79

I don't see it being the Islanders, no way does Luongo waive his no trade to go there. Philadelphia? Maybe... That quote does have me intrigued though.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:24 AM
canuck4life16
NHL=HYDRA

vCash: 50
MG is playing mind games with the fans and at the same time pressing the trading partner to agree and hope that "player" will be move? Maybe something at the end of the month

Old
01-22-2013, 02:25 AM
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callhee View Post
Not sure I would be willing to give up Jensen on top of Luongo. Jensen has shown signs of becoming every bit the player Voracek has shown to be SO FAR. I see Jensen becoming a 50-65 point scoring forward, pretty much what Voracek is right now, so I'm not sure its worth it to give up Luongo on top of it.

I know about guaranteed success versus potential, a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Just saying I kind of want to see how he turns out before moving him, would rather move Gaunce.
Agreed about Jensen. I'm very excited about him

Old
01-22-2013, 02:26 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Ohhh god. The way that interview ended was hilarious. Edgy is correct.

I hate getting excited for Luongo news every time it pops up. It's been such a roller coaster ride the past 9 months, but each time it pulls me in.

I'm really hoping its Philly, there are simply so many forward options on that team that I'd like in a deal.
That was great

Gillis is one ornery man.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:26 AM
KISSland

Turris for Lu?

Old
01-22-2013, 02:27 AM
FiveAndGame

When we traded Hodgson we were told there were 5 players Gillis was targeting. Wouldnt it make sense that we go after one of the other ones if given the chance? I think two of the 'knowns' were Carlson from Wahington and Bjugstad.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:30 AM
Rey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveAndGame View Post
When we traded Hodgson we were told there were 5 players Gillis was targeting. Wouldnt it make sense that we go after one of the other ones if given the chance? I think two of the 'knowns' were Carlson from Wahington and Bjugstad.
No because the Canucks don't need D, and Bjugstad doesn't help them now. A third "known" was Brandon Sutter, when he was in Carolina.

Old
YogiCanucks

Quote:
As long as we don't get Kyle Clifford.....

Quote:

Jensen is having a fantastic year in the SEL but for him to become the player Voracek is now in a couple years is FAR from certain.

Old
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Touche. He's been saying he wanted someone who was proven though. Bjugstad doesn't entirely fit that especially him being in college.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
I'm calling ******** on this one. It reeks badly.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:38 AM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad View Post
Washington doesn't really seem like a good fit now that Carlson doesn't make sense for us anymore...unless Laich is coming to us, him being hurt right now sort of fits the clue that the other team needs to wait on a guy.

The Flyers make perfect sense...so perfect that the "it's not who anybody thinks it is" criteria seems to apply, ruling them out.

I suspect San Jose. They're close enough to the cap that they'd have to do something with Niemi, and we don't want him at $3.8m for three years. They have the forward depth to meet our needs there. And Doug Wilson has a track record of trying to fix things through huge deals.
I don't think the Flyers have given up on their goalie.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:40 AM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post

for

We cant keep trading Schroeder and Jensen types for hopers and projects.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:43 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldrunner View Post
We cant keep trading Schroeder and Jensen types for hopers and projects.
None of those three guys are any more "hopers" or "projects" than Schroeder and Jensen, and all 3 have equal or more upside. I don't think Gillis has ever made a trade like the proposed one before (prospect for good young player), so I don't know were the "keep trading" aspect comes in.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:47 AM
YogiCanucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
None of those three guys are any more "hopers" or "projects" than Schroeder and Jensen, and all 3 have equal or more upside. I don't think Gillis has ever made a trade like the proposed one before (prospect for good young player), so I don't know were the "keep trading" aspect comes in.
I don't think any trade like that has ever happened..

Old
01-22-2013, 02:48 AM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Watch it be Detroit and we're waiting for Darren Helm to be healthy. Don't think people would expect that. Rumors were swirling that Datsyuk was offered for Luongo back when Luongo was in Florida. Jimmy Howard has been good in the regular season, but has never been solid in the playoffs, and is a UFA after this year. McCollum isn't developing the way we thought he was going to.

With Lidstrom gone, Detroit is desperate for a goalie or elite defense man. Luongo's the best bet.
Detroit manages older players well too.

They wanted Nabokov though and they might still pursue him...?

Old
01-22-2013, 02:50 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:

It wouldnt just be Voracek though.

Closed Thread