HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

We have a potential deal in place with one team, GM says of Luongo deal

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 10:28 AM
Orca Smash

vCash: 500
Is tampa still off the table? Not sure if lindbacks a full time number 1, not sure who gillis would want though and what tampa would give.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:32 AM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
I still think the Detroit suggestion was pretty sensible. They're a team that's going to quickly decline if they don't either find a quick fix to their defense or goaltending. That would be a waste of several more years of Datsyuk and Zetterberg.
Not sure the Wings would want three heavily front-end loaded contracts in that event with the cap recapture provisions in this new CBA.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:35 AM
crazycanuck

My completely uneducated, fan guess is, I think it's Tampa or Washington. Most likely Washington.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Chriss1928

pete (@P_Loubo) tweeted at 9:09 AM on Tue, Jan 22, 2013:
Hearing the lightning are the team in on Luongo, player coming back the other way could be none other than Vincent Lecavalier! #wow
(https://twitter.com/P_Loubo/status/293737046596538368)

I call super BS on this and no way I want Vinny for Lou

Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
NonBruinHatingCanuck

How much Would Lou be worth if his contract was a higher cap hit by say 1/2 million but only 4 more years in term?

Old
01-22-2013, 10:39 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
My completely uneducated, fan guess is, I think it's Tampa or Washington. Most likely Washington.
Why does Washington want him though? They have Neuvirth and Holtby who they seem quite happy with.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriss1928 View Post
Hearing the lightning are the team in on Luongo, player coming back the other way could be none other than Vincent Lecavalier! #wow

That guy has no followers.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Chriss1928

Lol I'm not trolling one of my followers retweeted it and I thought it was crap.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
That guy has no followers.
Fake.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
arsmaster

If that is supposed to be Peter Loubardias, I know from watching the WHL on Shaw, he is not on twitter, and has no plans to be.

It's a shame though, really educated guy when it comes to the CHL.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:45 AM
PRNuck

Quote:

There is just no way that's financially possible. More likely Vinny is the player that they're waiting on something to happen so they can acquire Lu.

Also I know from the radio that he hates being called Loubo, haha. More proof it's fake

Old
01-22-2013, 10:46 AM
Orca Smash

Quote:
Lol I'm not trolling one of my followers retweeted it and I thought it was crap.
I edited my post, I seen chicago and assumed you came here to post that with other intentions, and then i seen your favorite team in your info and edited the troll part out.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
m9

Tampa does make sense from a hockey standpoint, but from the comment from Gillis I still think it's Florida and they're waiting on Theodore.

I am comfortable with Weiss and a good prospect. I think he's the perfect fit for the team for a variety of reasons.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:48 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

I only see Florida, Flyers and the Leafs at the moment.

Setting the Leafs aside for now,

Florida Im guessing is going to mean taking back Upshall and eating part of Roberto's salary and not much of a prospect IMO aka the usual crappy deal with Florida.

A deal with the Flyers makes the most sense. They are a team that always makes bold moves and want to win now, and I imagine they really want to get rid of Bryzgalov. most important, they have some really good assets up front. But Bryz here, unless they sent him home, would be a distraction of another kind. Plus making a deal now means having to buy him out in the summer and that means double the cap pain potentially down the road if Roberto retires early. Not a good scenario.

Personally if I were advising GMMG, I would recommend parking it for the season but clearly state that Schneider is the #1 (AV needs to fall in) and the goalie of the future and that Roberto will be traded in the off season come hell or high water. In other words, take the PR pain now - make a prepared statement, professionally managed.

Then if a deal comes along unsolicited during the season, you look at it and pull the trigger if it makes sense. Which becomes a major win because you lowered expectations in the first place.

Much better than the current modus operandi of pumping potential deals which becomes a major distraction in and of itself and while it deflects the pressure for a few days, actually ratchets it up overall and increases the likelihood of a bad deal.

IMO. YMMV.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post
Tampa does make sense from a hockey standpoint, but from the comment from Gillis I still think it's Florida and they're waiting on Theodore.

I am comfortable with Weiss and a good prospect. I think he's the perfect fit for the team for a variety of reasons.
He said it's a team that nobody suspects. Florida has pretty much been the #1 team this whole time. Makes no sense.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m9 View Post

I'd be happy with Weiss and Theodore. Maybe a pick.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:55 AM
crazycanuck

Quote:
He said it's a team that nobody suspects. Florida has pretty much been the #1 team this whole time. Makes no sense.
They've been quiet for a while now, the only Luongo noise coming from Florida was Tallen making a cryptic comment about it being an on going process.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a final push that worked for Gillis and the Theodore theory would fit into the comment about the other team needing to make a move/decision about a player.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:57 AM
m9

Quote:
I think Toronto has definitely moved ahead of Florida in the media rumors and it's not even close.

I'm actually not that sold on that part of the comment meaning anything more than "It's not Toronto". Sure it might be a stretch, but no more of a stretch than trying to fit some of these players into the "They have to move someone else first" part.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Scouter

vCash: 0
I just gotta say, I think trading Lu could be one of the biggest mistakes this org. has ever made, they give him the big contract, anoint him as their guy, he thought he was set up for his career, their was a NTC, although for some reason there was some flexibility, now they for some reason believe more in Cory, can't say I blame Lu if he doesn't want to be here anymore.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:04 AM
Nuck This

Washington or Tampa. I guarantee Luongo doesn't want to be a Leaf. Gillis has reiterated numerous times that he has a no trade clause and ultimately has the last say. He's a competivive guy that wants a cup. Toronto has no chance for at least another 5 years. Right past the end of Luongos prime. He's just saying all the right things and I bet Gillis is using the Leafs as leverage. That's why he asking so much from them. He has no intention in trading him there.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:06 AM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Don't forget we have a lot of bears in Vancouver. Not a good fit for Bryzgalov even temporarily.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Don't forget we have a lot of bears in Vancouver. Not a good fit for Bryzgalov even temporarily.
He makes enough money to hire a 24-hour bear guard to patrol his residence.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:08 AM
Nuck This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scouter View Post
I just gotta say, I think trading Lu could be one of the biggest mistakes this org. has ever made, they give him the big contract, anoint him as their guy, he thought he was set up for his career, their was a NTC, although for some reason there was some flexibility, now they for some reason believe more in Cory, can't say I blame Lu if he doesn't want to be here anymore.
Cory is better, younger, cheaper and the team believes in him more. For the past two years the team has played better in front of Cory. As hockey player, that's very telling. If you're comfortable with your goalie, you play better in front of him, simple as that. Cory will be very good with our current window and he'll still be here when the next wave is in it's prime i.e Jensen, Gaunce, Schroeder,(Luongo trade player) Corrado, Tanev.

Old
01-22-2013, 11:09 AM
PRNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkP View Post
He makes enough money to hire a 24-hour bear guard to patrol his residence.
Gives Booth something to do while he rehabs

Old
01-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
I'm going to say it's Florida, and they want to sign Weiss to a contract extension before sending us Shore/Bjugstad (let me dream) in a package.

If Weiss signs elsewhere in the off-season, then Shore/Bjugstad is their backup plan for center.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Closed Thread