HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Lewis had his Mowers. Does Claude have his Bourque?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2013, 05:07 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

vCash: 500
He is trying hard, and I would hope so since he is a tweener trying to make it in the NHL, but he isn't really an NHL player. Chiarelli is no doubt in the market for a top 9 forward.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:40 PM
EverettMike

New nickname for Chris Bourque: MacBeth.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:48 PM
Fopppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
New nickname for Chris Bourque: MacBeth.

Full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Now you've done it. Mentioning the Scottish play. No good can come from this.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:54 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fopppa View Post
Now you've done it. Mentioning the Scottish play. No good can come from this.
Kind of like Chris Bourque.

Old
02-16-2013, 05:57 PM
Fopppa

Quote:
Kind of like Chris Bourque.
Touché.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
EverettMike

I would just like to state this clearly: Chris Bourque doesn't do much for me as a hockey player, but the idea he is on the team because of his father is beyond asinine and is actually insulting.

Old
02-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Gee Wally
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I would just like to state this clearly: Chris Bourque doesn't do much for me as a hockey player, but the idea he is on the team because of his father is beyond asinine and is actually insulting.
Times 2 man.

BOSTON STRONG !!!

Go Team Hoyt !
Old
02-16-2013, 06:43 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

Quote:
x3.

that op is more interested in slinging insults and hare-brained idiocy than refuting some of the points that were made earlier in the thread says it all.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:28 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
A few things I have noticed about Chris Bourque

high hockey IQ
very competitive
always seems to be around the puck
looked better on the off wing coming into the middle
has improved steadily over the past 10 games

oh, and I am just so glad a few of my friends who have forgotten more hockey than I will ever know agreed with this and helped contribute to it

Old
02-17-2013, 10:43 PM
westernhome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post

high hockey IQ
very competitive
always seems to be around the puck

oh, and I am just so glad a few of my friends who have forgotten more hockey than I will ever know agreed with this and helped contribute to it
another thing I noticed when looking at the boxscores after the games is that Bourque is consistently doing well with more takeaways than most on the team and low giveaways, and also is blocking shots... purely looking at his play from the black and white numbers of stats, I would think Claude is pretty happy with what he is accomplishing, which is a responsible game that is helping his team more than hurting on most nights

Old
02-17-2013, 10:59 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
You calling me an ass?

But seriously it's not that far fetched. Look at what the Red Sox were doing trying to bring in players who had sex appeal as oppose to just good ball players. Not crazy to think Chris is getting more rope to work with cause they want him to stick with the team cause of his dads stature with the bruins. Cam Neely basically had to beat Clode over the head with a 2x4 to get him to play Seguin on the PP hus first season and Chris bourque just walks in and is a staple on the PP from day one? Yah not buying it

Old
02-17-2013, 11:06 PM
westernhome

I dissected some stats for Bourque so far this season, I think his game is improving too recently so maybe these numbers will also improve:

Hits 5th on the team (Lucic is 1st)
Blocks 11th on the team (5th on the team for forwards)
Giveaways 15th on the team (only 2 giveaways)
Takeaways 7th on the team (Marchand is 1st)

Old
02-17-2013, 11:45 PM
ryedog*
Triple Gold Club

I like his competitiveness, but he really needs to stop shooting high glass.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:

high hockey IQ
very competitive
always seems to be around the puck (emphasis highlight care of MMB)

Agree completely.

I THINK: He's outmatched at this level. I believe. I just think he may not be good enough to overcome how small he is. I love his fire though and MOST things about his game otherwise.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:16 AM
Alicat
Charge!

He looked better last night but he just doesn't fit on the 3rd line and that's where the frustration comes into play.

He needs to work on his board work. He goes into corners but he blasts in and often takes out one of his teammates in the process. Last night, Pevs got steamrolled and the puck popped loose.

He gives 110% but he's a defensive liability and We simply can't have these lapses as we go into March.

We need a true 3rd line winger and we need him sooner rather than later.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-18-2013, 07:33 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
another thing I noticed when looking at the boxscores after the games is that Bourque is consistently doing well with more takeaways than most on the team and low giveaways, and also is blocking shots... purely looking at his play from the black and white numbers of stats, I would think Claude is pretty happy with what he is accomplishing, which is a responsible game that is helping his team more than hurting on most nights
I'm not saying he is going to be here long term, just he is better than I thought he'd be...I really thought he was a combination of great linemates in the AHL, some skills, and the name.....a little of this, a little of that- same reason why Jared Staal got drafted in the second round, and Wayne Primeau and Rocky Trottier in the first.

What Bourque has done to me is make me look for him on every shift- I've become for whatever reason obsessed with watching what he does I dont know how to explain it, part of me is in doubt, part of me roots for him, but whatever I just watch and watch to see what he does. He has become a game within a game to me

Old
02-18-2013, 08:11 AM
4ORRBRUIN

Quote:
I'm not saying he is going to be here long term, just he is better than I thought he'd be...I really thought he was a combination of great linemates in the AHL, some skills, and the name.....a little of this, a little of that- same reason why Jared Staal got drafted in the second round, and Wayne Primeau and Rocky Trottier in the first.

What Bourque has done to me is make me look for him on every shift- I've become for whatever reason obsessed with watching what he does I dont know how to explain it, part of me is in doubt, part of me roots for him, but whatever I just watch and watch to see what he does. He has become a game within a game to me
I have to say he was one of the better Bruins last night. Lets hope he can build on it.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:20 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
You calling me an ass?

But seriously it's not that far fetched. Look at what the Red Sox were doing trying to bring in players who had sex appeal as oppose to just good ball players. Not crazy to think Chris is getting more rope to work with cause they want him to stick with the team cause of his dads stature with the bruins. Cam Neely basically had to beat Clode over the head with a 2x4 to get him to play Seguin on the PP hus first season and Chris bourque just walks in and is a staple on the PP from day one? Yah not buying it
Totally far fetched. Give it up.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:28 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
You calling me an ass?

Old
02-18-2013, 08:31 AM
hoss75

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
I dissected some stats for Bourque so far this season, I think his game is improving too recently so maybe these numbers will also improve:

Hits 5th on the team (Lucic is 1st)
Blocks 11th on the team (5th on the team for forwards)
Giveaways 15th on the team (only 2 giveaways)
Takeaways 7th on the team (Marchand is 1st)
I think that the guy is serviceable and his stats prove that. He isn't a potential play maker like Kelly or Pevs and that bothers people. But with Cap problems on the horizon, I think as long as he continues to hustle, he'll be on the team as a space filler.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:49 AM
bme44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoss75 View Post
I think that the guy is serviceable and his stats prove that. He isn't a potential play maker like Kelly or Pevs and that bothers people. But with Cap problems on the horizon, I think as long as he continues to hustle, he'll be on the team as a space filler.
That is exactly what Bourque is , a cheap space filler till someone is found that can make the third line complete. I think the plan was for Caron to be that guy and still might very well be the plan . I expect Caron to be called up around the first of March if he is showing he is worthy of it. I am still thinking Caron is the man for the Third line ,Bourque is simply to small.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:58 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Precisely, moved for a guy who provided this organization with nothing in Hamil, so Bourque has clearly helped both this team and the PB`s far more than Zach but if the playoffs were starting today, that 3rd line and lack of a guy who can work the boards with consistency and win those battles more than lose them, I`d feel a whole lot better.

Love his effort, love his willingness, but for him to be his most effective, I think he needs to be in an organization who`d give him the opportunity to play with higher skilled players, truth is, he isn`t going to have that chance in Boston which isn`t necessarily a bad thing. He`s asserted himself reasonably well and may have a team or two interested at the deadline if there`s a deal out there for someone better suited to take that spot.

I see a Pouliot thread has begun, I don`t think it was a mistake to let him walk, I think it was a mistake by Chia to not replace him with a guy like a Pouliot who has the frame to win those puck battles which often enabled a Kelly/Pevs to get that puck out of tight spots. I think maybe Chia thought Caron would be that guy but untimely injury(ies) have prevented that.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:00 AM
BNHL
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I'm doing the same thing,he's around the puck on every shift and making some very good decisions with it.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:30 AM
Killer B
Honey Badger

I find it hard to believe that the Bruins would give Bourque special tratment because of who his father is, but there have been some odd decisions that have been hard to rationalize...

- How on earth does Bourque end up on one of the PP units?
- How does Bourque end up in the top 3 of the shootout?
- How on earth does Bourque end up on the 1st line (in Looch's absence)?

I look at how cautiously Seguin was used his first year (3rd or 4th line, sheltered minutes, pressbox, etc) and can't really figure out how and why Chris Bourque has literally been given every chance and opportunity to shine.

Just weird (at least to me)...

Old
02-18-2013, 09:51 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Totally far fetched. Give it up.
Solid argument.

Closed Thread