HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver has trading partner for Luongo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-23-2013, 12:07 PM
  #101
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Yes, definitely.

DoubleAAAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:08 PM
  #102
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Yes, definitely.
overpayment!

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:09 PM
  #103
chippa13*
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 5,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Svedberg happens. Or some other goalie available out there on the market. Maybe Bryzgalov needs a new contract by then if Philly picks up Loungo.

Why is Rask gone?

Planning ahead is great and all, but at some point it has to be just considered overly pessimistic.
This is a rhetorical question


thanks

chippa13* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:11 PM
  #104
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
What, you don't believe me?!?



Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:12 PM
  #105
ap3lovr
Registered User
 
ap3lovr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iqaluit
Posts: 4,447
vCash: 500
I wonder if Tampa is looking at this seriously and the player they are waiting on is Malone.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:15 PM
  #106
Gee Wally
Grumpy
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 38,212
vCash: 500
Awards:
I have no idea what is going on here.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:16 PM
  #107
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I have no idea what is going on here.
I knew Bob Cole posted here.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
  #108
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I have no idea what is going on here.
John is dead.

I am the walrus.

Buzz Aldrin is a hologram.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
  #109
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Early yes, but Luongo was beyond shaky in the Gold Medal game, and if I remember wasn't exactly stellar before that.

Not sure what the Canadian broadcast looked like, but they were all over him on the American one.
Not sure I picked that same feeling up from the Canadian broadcast, although to be fair it was over 2 years ago and my reliable memory span is good for about an hour. I wouldn't be surprised though, Canadian hockey fans and broadcasters can tend to make a big deal out of anything. I know Brodeur got absolutely crucified for his play against the US earlier in the tournament.

I do know that in the gold medal game Luongo only allowed two goals, and made his fair share of difficult saves. Didn't think he really looked shaky at all but as always there many different perceptions of the same situation.

Just for reference though, some talk on Luongo at or around the Olympics from hf:
Brodeur or Luongo for the rest of the Tournament?
This tournament will make or break Luongo's legacy
Should Canada play Brodeur against the States?

Fwiw, in each of those threads the sentiment seems to be rather heavily in favor of Luongo with a few disenters. In the last thread specifically however they give you Luongo's statline for the first four games of the Tournament (leading up directly to the gold medal game).

4-0, 1.75 GAA, .919 sv%

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:36 PM
  #110
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zylos45 View Post
This is a rhetorical question


thanks
Well then Boston is most likely ****ed in that extreme situation where they lose both their regular starter for unknown reasons and their backup heads back to mother Russia.

I am convinced, we need Roberto Luongo. I retract the unrealistic label I formerly placed on this scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
yeah, but Kaoz, what is, and hear me out, Rask turns out to be a Lenny Kekua situation?

THEN WHAT!
No no, it was that other former Leaf goalie prospects NHL career that was complete fantasy.

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
  #111
ap3lovr
Registered User
 
ap3lovr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iqaluit
Posts: 4,447
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Not sure I picked that same feeling up from the Canadian broadcast, although to be fair it was over 2 years ago and my reliable memory span is good for about an hour. I wouldn't be surprised though, Canadian hockey fans and broadcasters can tend to make a big deal out of anything. I know Brodeur got absolutely crucified for his play against the US earlier in the tournament.

I do know that in the gold medal game Luongo only allowed two goals, and made his fair share of difficult saves. Didn't think he really looked shaky at all but as always there many different perceptions of the same situation.

Just for reference though, some talk on Luongo at or around the Olympics from hf:
Brodeur or Luongo for the rest of the Tournament?
This tournament will make or break Luongo's legacy
Should Canada play Brodeur against the States?

Fwiw, in each of those threads the sentiment seems to be rather heavily in favor of Luongo with a few disenters. In the last thread specifically however they give you Luongo's statline for the first four games of the Tournament (leading up directly to the gold medal game).

4-0, 1.75 GAA, .919 sv%
Luongo gave me my 2 greatest hockey memories. A gold medal in Vancouver and a Stanley cup win in Boston. I love Luongo.

ap3lovr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
  #112
coursy17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
He got run out of the playoffs two straight years by the Blackhawks.

Up 3-0 against the same Blackhawks he got ventilated two straight, replaced by Schneider in an elimination game (who had to leave because of cramps). If Schneider does not cramp up I don't think Luongo see's the net again.

He was World class terrible in the Final. He had a good game 1 and a good game 5, was decent in game 2 and COMPLETE garbage in games 3,4,6 and 7. He is a choker, he will never win a thing.
A gold medals not bad.

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
  #113
Rumpy
Registered User
 
Rumpy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatchewan
Posts: 2,542
vCash: 500
Loungo is an elite goalie.

This scenario got me thinking Loungo is similar to Cujo. Great on a bad team. Loungo in Florida and Cujo in Edm and Tor. But they are both goalies who stuggle to take those good teams to the next level. In Loungo's defense though the story book hasn't closed. If I'm a GM with questionable goaltending I am giving up a good player or prospect to get him....

Rumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:54 PM
  #114
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,543
vCash: 500
OF COURSE I am currently reading our GDT from the gold medal game. I'll get back with a full report.

Initial thoughts? Amazingly sparse GDT for the situtaion.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:57 PM
  #115
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,543
vCash: 500
First US goal described as a "gift."

"Weak goal by Luongo but we have ourselves a game!!!!"

"NICE!! Keep throwing it at Luongo."

"Luongo gave a crap goal against Slovakia to put them right back in the game, and he just did it again."

Before this goal not a mention good or bad of him, just one post about the US getting nothing going in the offensive zone.

FOLLOW UP - Couple of people came to his defense saying it was deflected. But then it was still called weak.

Video?

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
  #116
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,543
vCash: 500
Okay, so some debate on the first goal.

But I knew I wasn't crazy. Here are comments from our own GDT of the gold medal game going into the 3rd.

"Much better period from the US. Luongo doesn't look that great out there, appears to be fighting the puck a little bit."

"Luongo looks really shaky...keep peppering him...no easy chances for the Canadians and we may be able to win this thing."

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:00 PM
  #117
Kovi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 21,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I have no idea what is going on here.
best post ever

Kovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:01 PM
  #118
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,543
vCash: 500
Oh, strange, I lost the ability to read right before they reached OT......

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:02 PM
  #119
coursy17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
First US goal described as a "gift."

"Weak goal by Luongo but we have ourselves a game!!!!"

"NICE!! Keep throwing it at Luongo."

"Luongo gave a crap goal against Slovakia to put them right back in the game, and he just did it again."

Before this goal not a mention good or bad of him, just one post about the US getting nothing going in the offensive zone.

FOLLOW UP - Couple of people came to his defense saying it was deflected. But then it was still called weak.

Video?
So Crosbys golden goal was an unstopable snipe? So now Miller sucks. Check Luongos stats for the tourney. Top 3 goalie there stop trolling. Game 7 of the SC finals before Boston won 4-0. Not like they were gonna win anyway considering they scored 0 goals. Not to mention in the slovakia game watch the save at the end of the game on demitra. Save of the tourney

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:04 PM
  #120
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coursy17 View Post
So Crosbys golden goal was an unstopable snipe? So now Miller sucks. Check Luongos stats for the tourney. Top 3 goalie there stop trolling. Game 7 of the SC finals before Boston won 4-0. Not like they were gonna win anyway considering they scored 0 goals. Not to mention in the slovakia game watch the save at the end of the game on demitra. Save of the tourney
Hey cool thanks for reading the thread and taking the time out to contribute.

Have a nice day.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:05 PM
  #121
EverettMike
Registered User
 
EverettMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Everett, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 24,543
vCash: 500
So anyway Kaoz, at least I'm not crazy.

I do remember Luongo getting killed for looking awful right before the US tied it up. Pretty sure the studio guys hammered him too.

EverettMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
  #122
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
So anyway Kaoz, at least I'm not crazy.

I do remember Luongo getting killed for looking awful right before the US tied it up. Pretty sure the studio guys hammered him too.
You can still be crazy and right

Kaoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:18 PM
  #123
coursy17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
So anyway Kaoz, at least I'm not crazy.

I do remember Luongo getting killed for looking awful right before the US tied it up. Pretty sure the studio guys hammered him too.
No problem. Keep in mind Luongo made 34 saves on 36 shots. He had an awful game eh? Choked in that gold medal game for sure.

Later. (give it up)

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:00 PM
  #124
Mr. Make-Believe
Moderator
Pass me another nail
 
Mr. Make-Believe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Erotic Fantasies
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,468
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coursy17 View Post
No problem. Keep in mind Luongo made 34 saves on 36 shots. He had an awful game eh? Choked in that gold medal game for sure.

Later. (give it up)
He never said Luongo choked. Just that the clutch label isn't accurate either. He wasn't the reason Canada won that year, but he wasn't bad enough that they lost. His contribution was being "good enough."

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:55 PM
  #125
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 19,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
He never said Luongo choked. Just that the clutch label isn't accurate either. He wasn't the reason Canada won that year, but he wasn't bad enough that they lost. His contribution was being "good enough."
Exactly. My recollection of that game was that Luongo was fighting the puck and struggling a bit; that doesn't mean he was horrible. He was OK - he wasn't THE reason Canada won.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.