Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 10:27 AM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Game 8 - Easy now

Philip Larsen update. Good news. Jordie Benn got send down to the AHL. I think GM Joe Nieuwendyk has had a stroke of genius and found a way to bind coach Gulutzan's hands. Finally he realized had to take action to secure the right players play. Three of the eight d-men have a two-way contract - and the other two Dillon and Oleksiak ain't going nowhere. So off goes Jordie Benn.

Now there's seven d-men: The three vets(Daley, Robidas and Goligoski), the sophomore(Philip Larsen), the two rookies(Dillon and Oleksiak) and the spare/stop-gap(Rome). Someone gets scratched. Da-da-daaaaaa... Odds got better.

The signal value is clear. Gulutzan has used Benn in almost every game. Some times he's done well. Some times he's been horrible. Now Nieuwendyk is starting to take away Gulutzans toys. A step toward the firing Philip desperate need and a step towards ice time.

Gulutzan will have to respond to this tonight. Either he plays Rome or Philip Larsen. Who'd D #6 and #7? No word on his pick yet...

Otherwise I'm taking the happy-go-lucky-route: Jannik will get a goal, Boedker a point and Philip will not be scratched. Make it happen!
Well we certainly got DRAMA here....what goes on in Dalles right now is two men playing chess with the players...who gets sacrificed?
Maybe Larsen gets scratched tonight for being Niuwendyk's man since Gulutzan lost Benn?

Yeah - it's time for Jannik to score, but i'll go for a Bødker assist as more likely.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:28 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
Sorry but i really think you guys are jumping the gun way too early on the Danes. It's like 1 good game and then they're on a roll, 1 bad game and then they're done in the NHL and should go to Europe. Seriously?

Regin has the talent, no doubt. He has shown this before. He's been out with injuries for like forever. He's been solid in the games i've seen with him, where he has been playing bottom line duties. Okay then he doesn't immediately grap the chance when hes put on the 2nd line. But take it easy, it's only 11 games into the season, and he's not even into game shape yet.
I think the concern about Regin - IMO - is more whether his body will allow him to make use of his talent. That's all up to what the GM and the coach feel. Can't measure recovery. Bryan Murray is a good GM, and he's been patient with Regin.

As stated earlier the current task for Regin - IMO - is to do his job and stay healthy. But if Murray ever gets the feeling that Regin's body is gonna keep him from reaching the level of his PO-series against Pittsburgh e.g. I don't think he'll see much point in keeping him.

Sure he's not in game shape yet. But he's not alone on that. I'm not saying he's done bad. He's actually done what I'd expect the times I've seen him. But he's on a shorter leash than any body else when it comes to physical "excuses". So if he was doing poorly because of poor conditioning, tweaks or anything in that department it's more critical than just having some rough nights or looking for confidence IMO.

As for the KHL-proposal I'm against... When Regin leaves the NHL it will be years before he's back. He has nothing to prove talent-wise. It his body that's the question mark. A trip to another league won't prove he can has the strength or duration for the NHL.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:33 AM
Justinov

Quote:
I think the concern about Regin - IMO - is more whether his body will allow him to make use of his talent. That's all up to what the GM and the coach feel. Can't measure recovery. Bryan Murray is a good GM, and he's been patient with Regin.

As stated earlier the current task for Regin - IMO - is to do his job and stay healthy. But if Murray ever gets the feeling that Regin's body is gonna keep him from reaching the level of his PO-series against Pittsburgh e.g. I don't think he'll see much point in keeping him.

Sure he's not in game shape yet. But he's not alone on that. I'm not saying he's done bad. He's actually done what I'd expect the times I've seen him. But he's on a shorter leash than any body else when it comes to physical "excuses". So if he was doing poorly because of poor conditioning, tweaks or anything in that department it's more critical than just having some rough nights or looking for confidence IMO.

As for the KHL-proposal I'm against... When Regin leaves the NHL it will be years before he's back. He has nothing to prove talent-wise. It his body that's the question mark. A trip to another league won't prove he can has the strength or duration for the NHL.
If one is thinking about his longterm career maybe KHL will be much better than NHL. If his shoulder pops again it's game-over. He could have a career using his talents in KHL and be available for Danish NT.
A trip to europe will therefore be better than being send to AHL...he could return later if he recovers form. He wont easily recover form playing 4'th line minutes.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:37 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Awesome news, but how'd ya figure that out?

Before season start, I got the impression that Gulutzan liked Phil?
But come season, I was proved wrong...

Well yeah, hopefully this does it !

Im not gonna bet, everything always turns out the complete opposite when I bet..

Edit: Ill bet that no danes will post anything, and that Larsen will be benched!
You mean the source or that it's against Gulutzan's will? Well the source is Jordie Benn's own twitter:

Quote:
Austin bound, be there tomorrow
I'm thinking it's against Gulutzan's will because Benn has been with Gulutzan through his time with the Texas Stars and now has been used in 8 of the 9 games so far. Unlike Philip(6) or Rome(2) that seemed to be the looser when Oleksiak came up. Notice please that Philip Larsen last year also played under Gulutzan in the AHL. It's not like he's just petting the guys he know. But Benn was def. one of his guys. And this sparks the speculation that Jordie was only on the team to get Jamie to sign.

As earlier stated the Stars organization has always liked Philip. That hasn't changed. And it's not a case where Philip has done nothing to get scratched. He's just been the semi-scapegoat for a defense with bigger problems than just him taking his stupid penalties. He's part the only part of the problem held accountable. That's the weird thing.

If you anti-jinx comes through, you know you're gonna have do it every night from now on right

Old
02-04-2013, 10:49 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
I watch the KHL, but I don't know much about the teams.. Would be fun to have a guy in Latvia though Could be a star and a spy You know with all the Latvian national players on the Riga team, and us often playing Latvia

To that last part, YES YES YES, im so on for that idea
No luck on that part MOST of our NT players play in other KHL clubs (just look at our roster at my thread about latvian olympic qual)
But yes i wouldnt mind Regin on our roster.

Old
02-04-2013, 10:51 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I got a wild idea.

Ottawa should loan Regin to Dinamo Riga in KHL - they are struggling and has huge center problems. They could get more loan money than from other european leagues. If Regin does well they can call him back in case in injury or in the playoffs. If not he is out of their hair, and then Riga can see if they want to keep him.

If they are generous they could even send him to Vojens now to play the olympic qualification to see if some succes will boost his confidence?!

Maybe both Regin and Daugavins should go to Dinamo Riga instead of fooling around as 4'th liners!
yup Indrasis-Regin-Karsums line would be awesome

Old
02-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Bank

Quote:
If one is thinking about his longterm career maybe KHL will be much better than NHL. If his shoulder pops again it's game-over. He could have a career using his talents in KHL and be available for Danish NT.
A trip to europe will therefore be better than being send to AHL...he could return later if he recovers form. He wont easily recover form playing 4'th line minutes.
Very legit concern. It would be a more "safe" future but it would also be a goodbye to the NHL for at least 4-5 years. I can think of a thousand reason he'd want to go that way. But I just don't think he can have both. The NHL-career would most likely be gone if he leaves because he can't handle 4th line duties.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:08 AM
Bank

Looks like he's on the third line with Neil and Greening today...

As per Bruce Garrioch(First line in another tweet):

Quote:
Michalek-Smith-Silfverberg; Greening-Regin-Neil; Condra-Da Costa-O'Brien

Old
02-04-2013, 11:12 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
yup Indrasis-Regin-Karsums line would be awesome
When you see Regin's play for danish NT on big ice....he has when in form a puck carrying drive that could be very useful for Dinamo Riga.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:13 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Looks like he's on the third line with Neil and Greening today...

As per Bruce Garrioch(First line in another tweet):
Good....hope Greening can boost him a bit!

Greening boosted Allborg, so why not a Herning guy like Regin.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:15 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Very legit concern. It would be a more "safe" future but it would also be a goodbye to the NHL for at least 4-5 years. I can think of a thousand reason he'd want to go that way. But I just don't think he can have both. The NHL-career would most likely be gone if he leaves because he can't handle 4th line duties.
But whats better for Danish NT Regin in KHL in the top 6 and always available for Team denmark or playing in NHL 3-4th lines?
If your priority is NHL and not WC`s than i can see where you are comming from.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:18 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
You mean the source or that it's against Gulutzan's will? Well the source is Jordie Benn's own twitter:

I'm thinking it's against Gulutzan's will because Benn has been with Gulutzan through his time with the Texas Stars and now has been used in 8 of the 9 games so far. Unlike Philip(6) or Rome(2) that seemed to be the looser when Oleksiak came up. Notice please that Philip Larsen last year also played under Gulutzan in the AHL. It's not like he's just petting the guys he know. But Benn was def. one of his guys. And this sparks the speculation that Jordie was only on the team to get Jamie to sign.

As earlier stated the Stars organization has always liked Philip. That hasn't changed. And it's not a case where Philip has done nothing to get scratched. He's just been the semi-scapegoat for a defense with bigger problems than just him taking his stupid penalties. He's part the only part of the problem held accountable. That's the weird thing.

If you anti-jinx comes through, you know you're gonna have do it every night from now on right
You'll have to excuse all my questions.. Dallas is probably one of the teams I follow the least and know the least about.. And I find their board very empty... Not allot of talk or information.. At least to the naked eye

But yeah, that kinda makes sense then.. Heres hoping Gulutzan wont punish Phil for the GM's choice.

HAHA, yeah I know.. But ill take one for the team if that's the case..

Quote:
No luck on that part MOST of our NT players play in other KHL clubs (just look at our roster at my thread about latvian olympic qual)
But yes i wouldnt mind Regin on our roster.
Pardon me, I don't know why I got that impression??? Could it be that your b-team was dominated by Riga players??

Old
02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Bank

In other Eller-related news Montreal send down a forward that wasn't Eller. Yay!

Old
02-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Justinov

Quote:

Hammer on the nail....that is my concern. So for danish hockey a longer career for Regin in europe is best.

In my reply-former post I only commented on your last part and forgot the first part....so here it is!

Old
02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
You'll have to excuse all my questions.. Dallas is probably one of the teams I follow the least and know the least about.. And I find their board very empty... Not allot of talk or information.. At least to the naked eye

But yeah, that kinda makes sense then.. Heres hoping Gulutzan wont punish Phil for the GM's choice.

HAHA, yeah I know.. But ill take one for the team if that's the case..

Pardon me, I don't know why I got that impression??? Could it be that your b-team was dominated by Riga players??
That`s probably it. almost all our top players have been bought by wealthy KHL clubs.

Old
02-04-2013, 11:24 AM
Bank

Quote:
But whats better for Danish NT Regin in KHL in the top 6 and always available for Team denmark or playing in NHL 3-4th lines?
If your priority is NHL and not WC`s than i can see where you are comming from.
Sure. It's NHL vs. National Team. I'm NHL-kinda-guy as you might have guessed

For Regin it's perhaps also something to do pride and whether he'd like to risk his career and enjoying family life at full speed when that times comes. But if he want's the NHL career it now or practically never. That's my point

Old
02-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Justinov

Quote:
That`s probably it. almost all our top players have been bought by wealthy KHL clubs.
Its a fairly recent development. We are just used to play Danish NT vs Latvia being Dinamo Riga that we take it as synonymes automatically

Old
02-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Bank

Quote:
Hammer on the nail....that is my concern. So for danish hockey a longer career for Regin in europe is best.

In my reply-former post I only commented on your last part and forgot the first part....so here it is!
I'm not gonna rule out that Regin can recover and have nice NHL career. So far his back on track. And IMO a Regin with a nice NHL career is the best for Danish hockey

Old
02-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Bank

Philip Larsen scratched tonight... Well that's just **** ***** ******** ***

Old
02-04-2013, 01:01 PM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Philip Larsen scratched tonight... Well that's just **** ***** ******** ***
You have GOT to be kidding me? Right?

Old
02-04-2013, 01:59 PM
Bank

Third game in a row... Philip Larsen's the new Lars Eller

Let the search for teams in need of a young PMD begin...

Old
02-05-2013, 01:03 AM
Tobias

Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
I guess Larsen has to change team too, right?

He'll be fine.

Old
02-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Justinov

Besides Larsen being scratched an otherwise good danish night. Dallas won 3-2 over Colorado.
Jannik Hansen scored his first goal and got an assist as well in an OT 3-2 Vancouver victory over Edmonton - according to the highlights he was just all over the place this match with several shots fired.
Mikkel Bødker didn't get any points but won 2-1 for Phoenix over Minnesota.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:33 AM
Justinov

It seems that Regin stays on the roster for tonights game against Buffalo (see below).
It was Daugavins, that was scratched (sorry Latvians), so Regin will play center third line and new man da Costa center 4'th line. Latendresse is out with flu/whip-lash?, so that is one less center to compete with for now, but when Jason Spezza returns it will get even harder for Regin to stay in the roster with his current form.
Lest hope for Regin to get a/some point(s) against a Buffulo that currently have a pretty generous defence.

Mika Zibanejad – Kyle Turris – Daniel Alfredsson
Milan Michalek – Zack Smith – Jakob Silfverberg
Colin Greening – Peter Regin – Chris Neil
Erik Condra – Stephane Da Costa – Jim O’Brien

Source:
http://senshot.com/2013/02/05/ottawa...sided_trending

NYI and Frans Nielsen will get a tough time against Pittsburgh - time to get defence back online from the bad 3'rd period against New Jersey.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:26 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
I guess Larsen has to change team too, right?

He'll be fine.
Well not that I completely disagree but how do you figure? Curious on to what your basing this on?

... And do you consider Lars Eller's situation "fine"?

Last edited by Bank: 02-05-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Closed Thread