HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Scouter

vCash: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagrbombs19 View Post
No way. The Canucks need SOMEONE backing up Schneider.....still think it'd be smarter for them to keep both for now.
Problem is Lu is anything but a backup, so that's why he needs to go.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Roboholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
TSN just reported Gillis said he has a potential deal in place for Luongo....
Its the same Vancouver Sun report, nothing new.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Scouter

vCash: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
That new arena in Brooklyn is awesome. If Wang actually decides to spend some money after the move they could be a good team.
But that's in 4 years, Lu will probably be retired by then.

Old
CJV123

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Quote?
It's the story from 6 hours ago, drive-by'd into the thread.

Old
Noob616

Hard hitting stuff from Gillis. "We have a potential deal in place that involves another player".

Wow. This is the kind of stuff people win journalism awards for. Getting right to the bottom of a story.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:19 PM
CJV123

One thing for TB is they may feel their division is very winnable this year, and I'd agree. Also, MSL and VC are not getting any younger. Would Ryan Malone interest VAN?

Old
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJV123 View Post
One thing for TB is they may feel their division is very winnable this year, and I'd agree. Also, MSL and VC are not getting any younger. Would Ryan Malone interest VAN?
Probably, yeah.

Would need something more than just him though.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:21 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJV123 View Post
some interest

Old
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
ChesapeakeRipper
Dr. Hannibal Lecter

i can see Lu getting moved to Tampa in the offseason, but not right now. Yzerman would be stupid to deal for luongo after he traded 2 second rd picks for lindback and not give this goalie a chance to prove himself.

i think its either chicago or florida.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Zdeno33Lucic

vCash: 4114
Luongo is the new kaberle

Old
01-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
Hard hitting stuff from Gillis. "We have a potential deal in place that involves another player".

Wow. This is the kind of stuff people win journalism awards for. Getting right to the bottom of a story.
On the surface of it, I would agree. However, after looking deeper into it and thinking about it, this is NOT the play I would make as Gillis

I would definitely steer AWAY from anymore controversy regarding his netminders. I would tell the media that hes still hearing offers but hes more than happy to keep them both blah blah........

The last thing Gillis would want is to stick his nose right into it even further and suggest he has a deal in place for the guy. He has never stated this before publicly in such stark terms.

After thinking about it, there is no upside for Gillis to say he has a deal, all for there to have NEVER been one and have egg on his face later.

Ergo, there is DEFINITELY a deal in place and we are the closest to trading Luongo we have ever been.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Co Ho*

If Washington is the team that is interested, maybe Neuvirth is the player that they are waiting on to trade (with Holtby playing as backup or in the AHL depending on his performance).
Neuvirth to Toronto?

Old
CJV123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Probably, yeah.

Would need something more than just him though.
of course. maybe also Garon (obviously) and a 2nd?

Malone's been a tough guy and I think he would help VAN against ANA.

Old
Petes2424

Teams that would be forced to make a decision on a player clearing waivers....

SJ...but they really cant add the salary... I believe Irwin has to clear waivers.
Chicago...they'd have to include Crawford salary wise though... they have options on guys though.
Detroit...will have to trade a forward of try making it through waivers. Have the cap space.
Washington..has the space and only player who can clear is Johanson and he's not going anywhere.
Tamps.... Will need to waive it looks like
Edm - they can move guys around but it's a good fit... Just dont see that happening.

So in my quick look, I'd say Tampa, Washington or Detroit... All three have younger guys they've given the reigns to, so who knows. Detroit would make some sense if they're of the opinion, their D is so bad right now, maybe Luongo settles things down a bit while they go through their roster transition.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:31 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
If Washington is the team that is interested, maybe Neuvirth is the player that they are waiting on to trade (with Holtby playing as backup or in the AHL depending on his performance).
Neuvirth to Toronto?
Toronto does not need another inexperienced goaltender.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Toronto does not need another inexperienced goaltender.

He has more experience and consistency than what you are currently going with, and you'd think he'd come relatively cheap.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
why would lou want to play for the isles...
It's a better option than TML. The Isles have some top end talent coming into the picture soon, plus a guy named Tavares. The location is on the Eastern seaboard, which is closer to Florida and his off season home. There are some disgruntled players not happy playing there, so it makes a decent trading partner. Plus the team has a huge amount of cap space going into next season. With Luongo and Tavares as a foundation, I don't think attracting free agents will be as hard.

Vishnosky + Niederreitter + Nabakov

For
Luongo + Ballard

Vancouver actually takes on more salary here, but they get a veteran backup as well. Both Nabakov and Vishnovsky are UFAs at the end of the year. Canucks load up for a cup run and get one asset long term.

For a team desperate for D who want to play, Ballard is still a top 4 on their team and signed for a few years. For a team that was willing to buyout Yashin, buying out DiPietro shouldn't be a surprise.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:41 PM
theranfordflop

Jamie Benn signs, Morrow + junk to the Nucks for Luongo. Book it book it book it.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
He has more experience and consistency than what you are currently going with, and you'd think he'd come relatively cheap.

Well looking at his numbers from last season; GP 38 13 WINS GA 2.82 SV .902 they aren't any better than Reimer or Scrivens so not really an upgrade over what the Leafs currently have.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
EliteBystander

Quote:
Originally Posted by theranfordflop View Post
Jamie Benn signs, Morrow + junk to the Nucks for Luongo. Book it book it book it.
Why would Dallas do that? They have Kari Lehtonen in net right now, plus they will have Jack Campbell in net in a few years. This doesn't make sense. Dallas needs defence, not a goalie.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:46 PM
Kaner Coffee
Anna for Hart Trophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberTwice View Post
i can see Lu getting moved to Tampa in the offseason, but not right now. Yzerman would be stupid to deal for luongo after he traded 2 second rd picks for lindback and not give this goalie a chance to prove himself.

i think its either chicago or florida.
Would be worth it just for the entertaining reactions on the internet.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:48 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
What I find ironic is that Gillis would go out and slam Toronto because he thinks they're puppeteering the media then he goes out and releases this news, probably to garner interest in his goalie
Exactly.

There is NO deal for Luongo... Gillis is just desperate at this point and trying to gather interest in his washed up goalie that he is is trying to dump.

Old
01-22-2013, 02:48 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Bill Watters ‏@RealBillWatters
Mike Gillis has done a nice job of stirring the "luongo pot".Now he's come out with"the phantom player" from the "unidentified team".REALLY!

Gillis' job is to create interest in the Luongo asset.Trade him to EDM mike & take us all out of your misery.There is only one other,TORONTO

Old
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
Well looking at his numbers from last season; GP 38 13 WINS GA 2.82 SV .902 they aren't any better than Reimer or Scrivens so not really an upgrade over what the Leafs currently have.
these are the conclusions you jump to when you stat watch instead of the actual games

Old
01-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny21 View Post
Mike Gillis has done a nice job of stirring the "luongo pot".Now he's come out with"the phantom player" from the "unidentified team".REALLY!

Gillis' job is to create interest in the Luongo asset.Trade him to EDM mike & take us all out of your misery.There is only one other,TORONTO
Uh oh....more TO media bias....Gillis is talking to his lawyer as we speak.

Closed Thread