HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 04:32 PM
RECsGuy*

vCash: 500
To me, Gillis' comment clearly suggests Visnovsky's situation is holding up the deal.

Luongo
Ballard

for

Nabokov
Visnovsky
Niedereiter

?

Old
01-22-2013, 04:33 PM
dillyboy93

Luongo+Ballard

For

Nino+Vis+Martin or a pick?

Sounds fair to me

Old
01-22-2013, 04:34 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Quote:
Bob McKenzie: Oilers are interested in Luongo and Chicago has had long interest. Says list of teams he WON'T go to isn't that long

save a mouse click

Old
GordieHoweHatTrick

vCash: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundface View Post
Thats last season alone. 73 games Hamonic, 75 game Gardiner
Hamonic doesn't compare to Gardiner offensively. Ones a two-way defenseman, the other pure offensive defenseman. Take your pick.

Old
Numbers

Niņo
Vishnovsky
Okposo
Nabokov

For

Luongo
Ballard

Old
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
rune74

So he won't go to toronto as one of his teams?

Old
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Wow if the Oilers could get Luongo, watch out! that team would be scary good.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Crows*

Luongo has alot of pride.

I could see him wanting to prove milbury and the old NYi guard wrong from before.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:38 PM
HawkeyFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bum View Post
‏@TSN1050Radio
Bob McKenzie: Oilers are interested in Luongo and Chicago has had long interest. Says list of teams he WON'T go to isn't that long

https://twitter.com/TSN1050Radio/sta...43042685820928

NO.....NOOOOOO
I'D LOVE IT!

only thing is that we dont have much to move

Bolland, Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook aren't going anyway

List of tradeable player I think would be: Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Crawford, Stalberg, Bickell, Montador, Leddy

Old
01-22-2013, 04:38 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Gillis is obviously lying through his teeth...

I am cautiously optimistic now.

Good call on the Visnovsky thing, Ag925. That just might be it.

Or it could be something completely different...

Old
01-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Wow if the Oilers could get Luongo, watch out! that team would be scary good.
I agree. Some Oiler fans say they don't want him, that makes me happy because Luongo is good with lots of shots against. As a Canucks fan I would not trade him there for anything less than one of the kids. That won't happen so better just use them as leverage against other teams.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:41 PM
Deuce Awesome

If Im the Oilers Im all over this. Instantly in the playoffs with lots of cans in the cupboard to spare to aquire him. Good match.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
I'D LOVE IT!

only thing is that we dont have much to move

Bolland, Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook aren't going anyway

List of tradeable player I think would be: Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Crawford, Stalberg, Bickell, Montador, Leddy
Stalberg is the only player listed that I have moderate interest in, so unless the bulk of the value comes from futures(McNeil, Teravinen, 1st, or maybe even Saad?), I would think one of your listed untouchables is on the table.

Hossa is obviously the best fit for us, but I doubt he gets moved. Bolland's been involved in rumours, though, so crazy as it may seem, I wouldn't be surprised if he were the centrepiece instead.

Old
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
To me, Gillis' comment clearly suggests Visnovsky's situation is holding up the deal.

Luongo
Ballard

for

Nabokov
Visnovsky
Niedereiter

?
I'd be okay with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyboy93 View Post
Luongo+Ballard

For

Nino+Vis+Martin or a pick?

Sounds fair to me
Not open to trading Martin. 2nd or 3rd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Niņo
Vishnovsky
Okposo
Nabokov

For

Luongo
Ballard
Not open to moving K.O without another Top 6 coming back.

Old
Crows*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deuce Awesome View Post
If Im the Oilers Im all over this. Instantly in the playoffs with lots of cans in the cupboard to spare to aquire him. Good match.
No doubt the oilers would be willing to part with hemsky and gagne for Lu. I dknt want. Too soft

Old
01-22-2013, 04:44 PM
RCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I would say Toronto is still semi-interested, but they are taking themselves out mostly from the reports I heard.
Toronto is NOT interested in Luongo, the writing is on the wall. Gillis will get nothing from Toronto as we do NOT want his 10 year bloated contract.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:44 PM
leafs4life43

Im not buying Gillis game all he is doing is trying to drive up the price for Luongo by making the teams with legitimate interest think they are in a bidding war. Hes gonna have to eventually pull his head out of his butt and realize that no team is gonna give up a combination of their top prospects for a goalie with an inflated and difficult contract to handle. Im throughly enjoying this saga because all its gonna do is wear on the canucks and their team. He should have dealt him already but much the same as how sometimes as Leafs fans we often over value our players so has Gillis in this situation and if its not dealt with shortly it will cause the acanucks to miss the playoffs due to their lack of depth and huge dollars connected to the backend.

Old
01-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4life43 View Post
Im not buying Gillis game all he is doing is trying to drive up the price for Luongo by making the teams with legitimate interest think they are in a bidding war. Hes gonna have to eventually pull his head out of his butt and realize that no team is gonna give up a combination of their top prospects for a goalie with an inflated and difficult contract to handle. Im throughly enjoying this saga because all its gonna do is wear on the canucks and their team. He should have dealt him already but much the same as how sometimes as Leafs fans we often over value our players so has Gillis in this situation and if its not dealt with shortly it will cause the acanucks to miss the playoffs due to their lack of depth and huge dollars connected to the backend.
You may not believe him; Darren Dreger does. Noted on Team1040 this morning.
I'm trying to find a link to the audio.

Old
ginner classic

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Toronto is NOT interested in Luongo, the writing is on the wall. Gillis will get nothing from Toronto as we do NOT want his 10 year bloated contract.

Is there a source that says the Leafs are not interested? Maybe one that contradicts the many that say they are, have been, and will still be until he is traded or Scrivens turns into the second coming or Reimer learns how to play the position again.

Old
ranold26
Oh them Bruins.....

So... if the Oilers are indeed kicking the Luongo tires.....and if Gillis is telling the truth about waiting on a player from the other club..... I am going to guess Shawn Horcoff is part of any Oilers deal[NTC and captain, 5.5m hit, 3yrs]

Old
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Whether its Gardiner or Hamonic, Rielly or Reinhart, it's pointless to argue which is better than the other at this point in time. One thing we can agree on, they're all promising.

So far we have Tavares>Kessel and Strome>Kadri. Outside of that, I don't see how the Islanders are a better option for Luongo. Arguing which prospects outside of the ones mentioned is pointless considering they're all long-shots at becoming above-average NHLers. Apparently being on the East coast and having cap-space they won't use are the real kickers! Carry on with your disdain for everything Maple Leafs
The prospect pool is stronger in NYI. It isn't debatable. They are ranked 6th here. Toronto is 20th.

Being close to Florida and his wife and kids is kind of important to Luongo. Granted, it's not a huge difference being in either city, but the spotlight is less glaring with NYI. Twice the cap space is significant. We are talking an extra $20 million on top of what Toronto can spend.

The Isles will have an amazing one two punch down the middle and the D prospects will be playing next year. It's a better formula to success than having top end wingers.

I don't know why you'd think I have a disdain for everything Maple Leafs. Nonis has started off well. I hope it continues for you guys.

Old
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4life43 View Post
I love when people make alt accounts I think the canucks will be fine with their depth, thanks for the concern though. This place is going to be unsufferable if he doesn't get traded to Toronto, or even if he does?

Old
FiveAndGame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post

Luongo
Ballard

for

Nabokov
Visnovsky
Niedereiter

?
I agree with you. Although I don't think the Canucks would want to take Vis's contract back. He is a UFA though...

Old
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
ziggy7716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Niņo
Vishnovsky
Okposo
Nabokov

For

Luongo
Ballard
Not sure if serious...That's terrible

Old
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
sh724

I cannot really see Luongo being traded to either Chicago or Edmonton unless it was a big over payment. Most likely he will go to the East somewhere. If an East team offers something comparable to a West team you go with the opposite conference every time.

Closed Thread