HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
s7ark
Fast and Up - JP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crows View Post
No doubt the oilers would be willing to part with hemsky and gagne for Lu. I dknt want. Too soft
I certainly hope Tambo wouldn't be ok with that. I want no part of Luongo's contract. I'd prefer to see what Dubnyk can do.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Pip
#freeRodin

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Toronto is NOT interested in Luongo, the writing is on the wall. Gillis will get nothing from Toronto as we do NOT want his 10 year bloated contract.
did you stop reading my comment after the part you bolded, I said that they had basically taken themselves out.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:53 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

vCash: 696
Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Gillis is obviously lying through his teeth...

I am cautiously optimistic now.

Good call on the Visnovsky thing, Ag925. That just might be it.

Or it could be something completely different...
I don't think it means Visnovsky would come here...but perhaps Visnovsky reporting to the Islanders means they can afford to move a D-man off their roster?

01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Chicago will not be trading for Luongo. I don't get why these rumors keep coming up, it's getting so old. Vancouver wants at least one quality roster player +. Well.. Chicago's not giving up Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland or Sharp - those are given - nor would I think they'd have much interest in moving Stalberg, Leddy, Shaw or Kruger. So.. really, there's not much left.

If you want to take Crawford, Montador and a pick.. go right on ahead, otherwise, Idon't see a deal to be made.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
I'D LOVE IT!

only thing is that we dont have much to move

Bolland, Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook aren't going anyway

List of tradeable player I think would be: Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Crawford, Stalberg, Bickell, Montador, Leddy
So with that list, Luongo to Chicago is out. We went over this with Toronto fans for 8 months, he's not someone we want to get rid of, and quantity vs. quality isn't going to work either. We need one player that can improve our roster in an area of need, in this case offense, ie a top six forward, preferrably a playmaking winger.

Your tradable player list leaves a lot to be desired. Keith, Toews and Hossa would be the plays I wouldn't expect Gillis to land, but saying he wouldn't be worth Bolland (not that I'd want someone who hates the Canucks to be pressganged onto our roster) or Seabrook...we're in whole different worlds regarding his value then.

As for most of the Nino based NYI trades, those seem amiable. Vis or DP aren't worth anything to me, and Nabokov isn't worth much either, so unless it does something for the Islanders getting rid of them, I don't care much where they land. I'd want another forward, preferably a top six center. Since those are really hard to come across on NYI's roster (as far as who is available), a pick or something like that perhaps?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Chicago will not be trading for Luongo. I don't get why these rumors keep coming up, it's getting so old. Vancouver wants at least one quality roster player +. Well.. Chicago's not giving up Toews, Kane, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland or Sharp - those are given - nor would I think they'd have much interest in moving Stalberg, Leddy, Shaw or Kruger. So.. really, there's not much left.

If you want to take Crawford, Montador and a pick.. go right on ahead, otherwise, Idon't see a deal to be made.
TSN Radio
‏@TSN1050Radio
Quote:
Bob McKenzie: Oilers are interested in Luongo and Chicago has had long interest. Says list of teams he WON'T go to isn't that long
Because guys like Bmac say they're interested. We don't know the talking price between the teams, maybe Gillis will give up Luongo for nothing or maybe Bowman really is uncomfortable with Crawford in net?

Only time will tell.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:59 PM
Bourne Endeavor

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath View Post
I'D LOVE IT!

only thing is that we dont have much to move

Bolland, Kane, Toews, Sharp, Hossa, Keith, Seabrook aren't going anyway

List of tradeable player I think would be: Hjalmarsson, Oduya, Crawford, Stalberg, Bickell, Montador, Leddy
I have to imagine Bolland is apart of the discussion due to our pressing need of center depth. Whether Chicago would accept is another story. If not Bolland, Saad has to be the target. There just isn't too much else I see Gillis willing to trade Luongo to Chicago for.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:00 PM
RECsGuy*

It's the Islanders, homies. Take it to the bank.

May as well start wondering what his new paint job will look like.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy7716 View Post
Not sure if serious...That's terrible
It's basically

Okposo + Niño for Luongo

Okposo is a 40-50 point guy who has been struggling and Niño asked for a trade today.

Ballard for Vishnovsky + Nabokov favours NYI

Old
Cullksinikers

I don't know what's more sick: Luongo-to-Chicago rumors or the couple Hawks fans welcoming it.

Old
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Not trying to instigate with Chi fans, but wasn't it reported during the off season that Bolland was offered for Luongo? I can't remember.

I would have had more interest in Hjalmarsson/Oduya before Garrison signing, but they would essentially be another Ballard on the team. IDK much about Stalberg but isn't he essentially the same type of player as Raymond?

Old
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Bob McKenzie has lost the little credibility he had with that Luongo twitter. If the Oilers do trade for Luongo, it will prove that the Bozo K.Lowe is still pulling the strings.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I don't know what's more sick: Luongo-to-Chicago rumors or the couple Hawks fans welcoming it.
Honestly, if anyone feels comfortable with a Crawford/Emery tandem taking the Hawks anywhere, they need their heads examined.

Luongo/Crawford would be a pretty good tandem.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Not trying to instigate with Chi fans, but wasn't it reported during the off season that Bolland was offered for Luongo? I can't remember.

I would have had more interest in Hjalmarsson/Oduya before Garrison signing, but they would essentially be another Ballard on the team. IDK much about Stalberg but isn't he essentially the same type of player as Raymond?
No way in hell we trade our shutdown and second line center for an overpaid goaltender on a long-term deal.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:06 PM
caley

Just for the record, a deal is NOT close. Also, the mystery team might just be CHI or PHI

per McKenzie
Quote:
For all the Luongo "buzz" today in media and on Twitter, a deal is no closer to happening now than yesterday or last week.
Quote:
It's possible the "mystery" team is actually FLA or PHI, which is no mystery at all but Gillis's quote (not who you think it is) ambiguous.
Quote:
In other words, there may be no "mystery" team. If there is - not convinced there is but allow for possibility - deal not imminent at all.

Old
Pip
#freeRodin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Bob McKenzie has lost the little credibility he had with that Luongo twitter. If the Oilers do trade for Luongo, it will prove that the Bozo K.Lowe is still pulling the strings.
chances of Bob Mackenzie's credibility going away < Legitimate rumour

Old
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
No way in hell we trade our shutdown and second line center for an overpaid goaltender on a long-term deal.
Simmer down. I wasn't saying that. I thought I remember seeing a few news articles about how Bowman offered Bolland but wanted Vancouver to add something, I don't remember.

Sheesh.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Mackenzie is among the top credible sources.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:08 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

If luongo goes to Chicago. Maybe sharp is involved.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Just for the record, a deal is NOT close. Also, the mystery team might just be CHI or PHI

per McKenzie
Really? Or possibly he doesn't know?

Old
01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Honestly, if anyone feels comfortable with a Crawford/Emery tandem taking the Hawks anywhere, they need their heads examined.

Luongo/Crawford would be a pretty good tandem.
I don't feel comfortable with Crawford/Emery as our tandem going into the playoffs. However, I don't want Luongo's contract.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
I have to imagine Bolland is apart of the discussion due to our pressing need of center depth. Whether Chicago would accept is another story. If not Bolland, Saad has to be the target. There just isn't too much else I see Gillis willing to trade Luongo to Chicago for.
I'd take Nino over Saad, not even counting the whole "star goalie to a rival team for no roster cost" thing either.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:13 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
I don't feel comfortable with Crawford/Emery as our tandem going into the playoffs. However, I don't want Luongo's contract.
Fair enough. I would tend to agree with you except I don't know where Bowman left his brain after trading Campbell for a cap dump in Olesz that's going to affect the Hawk's cap with no benefit if he's playing in the minors.

Unfortunately acquiring a quality goaltender that's available is going to have an effect, whether it be high trade price or the after effect of the new CBA.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
I'd take Nino over Saad, not even counting the whole "star goalie to a rival team for no roster cost" thing either.
Oh, I probably would too, even if Saad looks promising. I merely have doubts Long Island would trade for Lu. Cannot see the point, really.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:16 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
If luongo goes to Chicago. Maybe sharp is involved.
Good god I hope so.

Closed Thread