HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 05:18 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roooney View Post
If luongo goes to Chicago. Maybe sharp is involved.
Keep dreaming/guessing. That is so absurd that it's not worth discussing past the first part of this post.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
leafs4life43

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I love when people make alt accounts I think the canucks will be fine with their depth, thanks for the concern though. This place is going to be unsufferable if he doesn't get traded to Toronto, or even if he does?
Yea when all the injured players are back the canucks will be fine however make no mistake when a player asks for a trade publicly and one isn't made its only a matter of time before it starts to create chaos within the team. I mean think about schneider who is under a lot of pressure when he should already have the goal crease 100% but has to look over his shoulder and see Luongo waiting to reclaim the job. I think Gillis has botched the whole situation but thats my opinion and honestly I couldnt care less if he gets traded to the Leafs. I would rather they go after a younger proven goalie. And this is my first time on these forums . Be interesting to see how the situation shakes out.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Keep dreaming/guessing. That is so absurd that it's not worth discussing past the first part of this post.
No Vancouver fan actually believes that we will get Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Kane or Bolland.

Just saying.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafs4life43 View Post
Yea when all the injured players are back the canucks will be fine however make no mistake when a player asks for a trade publicly and one isn't made its only a matter of time before it starts to create chaos within the team. I mean think about schneider who is under a lot of pressure when he should already have the goal crease 100% but has to look over his shoulder and see Luongo waiting to reclaim the job. I think Gillis has botched the whole situation but thats my opinion and honestly I couldnt care less if he gets traded to the Leafs. I would rather they go after a younger proven goalie. And this is my first time on these forums . Be interesting to see how the situation shakes out.
Pray tell, which 'younger, proven goalie' is available over Luongo?

Just humour me, as I don't want him to go to Toronto either. But any goalie that's more proven that the most consistent goaltender over the last 11 years in the NHL, but is also younger would not be available. And I'm pretty sure if there was one, there are a multitude of teams that would be able to outbid Toronto for him.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
No Vancouver fan actually believes that we will get Sharp, Hossa, Toews, Kane or Bolland.

Just saying.
Even Saad is a major stretch. Chicago would be doing Vancouver a favor almost. They'd have to take decent but not great talent back for us sacrificing cap space now and in the long-term by taking that horrid contract.

Glad it's highly doubtful he ever becomes a Hawk.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Djp

This will never die.......

Luongo has a seriously bloated contract so the return will be next to nothing unless Vancouver is going to throw in millions of dollars.

Vancouver will not trade him to a division rival. He most likely goes to an Eastern team. Thus it will take alot more for them to ship him to a fellow western team like chicago. the last thing they want to have happen is Vancouver playoiff run rides on how they do facing Luongo.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:26 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Even Saad is a major stretch. Chicago would be doing Vancouver a favor almost. They'd have to take decent but not great talent back for us sacrificing cap space now and in the long-term by taking that horrid contract.

Glad it's highly doubtful he ever becomes a Hawk.
Eh, I'd like to seem him in Chicago because I honestly think he'd get you guys another cup with the stacked team you have.

Rivalry and hatred you have for him aside, Chicago and Vancouver just aren't great trading partners because both are lacking center depth prospects, so it just doesn't make sense.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
It's basically

Okposo + Niño for Luongo

Okposo is a 40-50 point guy who has been struggling and Niño asked for a trade today.

Ballard for Vishnovsky + Nabokov favours NYI
Even still Okposo is still fairly young (I know 24 is washed up on HF). and Visnovsky doesn't hold value (and Ballard would probably go back to his status with a coach who allow him to play his game and be a productive member of the team (AV leashing of Ballard in his first year hurt him almost as much as Ballard's injury). We would still have to add.

I think something along the lines of Schroeder, Rodin, and a conditional pick (ie. 1st if we make the Finals 2nd otherwise) and get a temp Center replacement for Schroeder (ie. Bailey)

What would NYI fans think of that:
Schroeder, Rodin, Luongo, Ballard and a conditional pick for Okposo, Nino, Bailey, Visnovsky, and Nabokov.

Schroeder has said he is willing to play wing if necessary and could be a good solution to play with Tavares (and could help on the face-offs if necessary as well) Rodin is a boom-or-bust prospect with high skill level still adjusting to the NA game. and decent pick in the supposed best draft in a decade.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:28 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

If there were no time limits/restrictions on how a team used the two buyouts their given I would do it. Then we have another problem of finding a backup around league minimum because the Hawks are likely to use up close to next year's cap limit.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
Even still Okposo is still fairly young (I know 24 is washed up on HF). and Visnovsky doesn't hold value (and Ballard would probably go back to his status with a coach who allow him to play his game and be a productive member of the team (AV leashing of Ballard in his first year hurt him almost as much as Ballard's injury). We would still have to add.

I think something along the lines of Schroeder, Rodin, and a conditional pick (ie. 1st if we make the Finals 2nd otherwise) and get a temp Center replacement for Schroeder (ie. Bailey)

What would NYI fans think of that:
Schroeder, Rodin, Luongo, Ballard and a conditional pick for Okposo, Nino, Bailey, Visnovsky, and Nabokov.

Schroeder has said he is willing to play wing if necessary and could be a good solution to play with Tavares (and could help on the face-offs if necessary as well) Rodin is a boom-or-bust prospect with high skill level still adjusting to the NA game. and decent pick in the supposed best draft in a decade.
Not awful, but I don't know if we can afford to lose Schroeder right now as out C depth in prospects is fairly thin until Gaunce makes some noise. Unless he's part of a package for a better young center.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
If there were no time limits/restrictions on how a team used the two buyouts their given I would do it. Then we have another problem of finding a backup around league minimum because the Hawks are likely to use up close to next year's cap limit.
Salaak? Or is he not panning out?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepuckmonster View Post
Honestly, if anyone feels comfortable with a Crawford/Emery tandem taking the Hawks anywhere, they need their heads examined.

Luongo/Crawford would be a pretty good tandem.
Crawford badly outperformed Luongo in the playoffs in 2011. Badly, badly outperformed him. After last season, no Chicago fans aren't "comfortable" with a Crawford/Emery tandem, but they're the last set of fans that would want to add Luongo when they've seen countless times how badly he can - and seemingly always does - choke.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:36 PM
seanlinden

I had little respect for Gillis before... even less now...

I mean, dragging your player through 7 months of being on the public trade block should be enough...but now you're going to start negotiating through the media?!?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:37 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Crawford badly outperformed Luongo in the playoffs in 2011. Badly, badly outperformed him. After last season, no Chicago fans aren't "comfortable" with a Crawford/Emery tandem, but they're the last set of fans that would want to add Luongo when they've seen countless times how badly he can - and seemingly always does - choke.
I'd say the team collectively chokes, as opposed to just Luongo.

But I see your point. I don't think Crawford 'outperformed' Luongo in a sense, I think he was just on a hot streak. I'm not going to get in a pissing match because I have my opinion and you have yours, and I respect what you think.

However I'll just say I think there are far bigger 'choke' artists than Luongo that get seemingly loads of praise.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:38 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post

I mean, dragging your player through 7 months of being on the public trade block should be enough...but now you're going to start negotiating through the media?!?
I'm sure Luongo is crying into his millions of dollars.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Draiskull

vCash: 777
wth mckenzie.. why report something when you dont know the facts...
what does tweeting about Edmonton \ CHI \ mystery team accomplish besides hits ?

Tambo should come out and debunk this just so Dooby isnt looking over his shoulder and is focused on the games ahead.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
Nash

Quote:

You left out your favorite word...cattle

You never cease to amuse. Where is your pal, Ron Wilson?

Old
01-22-2013, 05:41 PM
p.l.f.
use the force

luongo as a leaf would probably fail

it would be giguere all over again
looks good midway thru his first season, but not good enough to make a big difference
the next yr - then come the injuries and the mid 30's crisis...

leafs need a goaliie under 28 like one of st.louis' goalies

Old
01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
BowDangles

I cant see Edmonton touching its top 6 forwards right now in a trade like this.
Hall-RNH-Eberle
Yak-Gagner-Hemsky
That is too lethal to break up.. If there is a deal in place I bet it wont be centring any of these guys..

Lots of talk out there that Gagner would be the main piece but Edmonton does not have enough depth at centre to do that..

Old
01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
thepuckmonster
Global Moderator
Professional Winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post

looks good midway thru his first season, but not good enough to make a big difference

Yeah, you tell me how much you love Brian Elliot when he's not playing in Hitch's system.

He isn't as bad as his Ottawa days, but he isn't anywhere near as good as his numbers say. And that's a compliment to Hitchcock.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by deytookerjaabs View Post
We might take back some salary depending what Chicago offered. While Booth and Ballard are buyout candidates, neither are unmovable.

Quote:

Oh come off it. This moral crusade nonsense. Luongo is an asset we are looking to trade. Gillis is doing what any good GM must to secure actual value. Your stance was to sell him off for garbage ala Connolly and Lombardi.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
MrCraigAnderson
#rooster #classless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
wth mckenzie.. why report something when you dont know the facts...
what does tweeting about Edmonton \ CHI \ mystery team accomplish besides hits ?

Tambo should come out and debunk this just so Dooby isnt looking over his shoulder and is focused on the games ahead.
So you know more than Mackenzie? Maybe he tweeted about luongo because he was recieving a lot of mentions on twitter asking about luongo. Just a theory.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:44 PM
seanlinden

Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post

Yup. Realistically, they both probably have aspirations to be #1, St. Louis will likely be under a lot of pressure to pick one in the offseason.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Sonny21
Registerd User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Bob McKenzie has lost the little credibility he had with that Luongo twitter. If the Oilers do trade for Luongo, it will prove that the Bozo K.Lowe is still pulling the strings.
Unlike Dreger and others, McKenzie has been doing this far too long to be anyone's puppet. Look no further with the lockout, where you had puppets for owners or players side, McKenzie stayed neutral.

He is mr credibility.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:45 PM
Pip
[hello] :)

Quote:

I don't even want to know what you think of the Niño situation then

Luongo is being treated like cattle right?

Closed Thread