HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎ ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 08:29 AM
William Faulkner
A Wizard A True Star

vCash: 500
Kadri I can see, but Bozak? There are some TML fans that wouldn't give up Bozak to get Luongo? That surprises me but maybe there's more to Bozak than I have seen in my limited viewings.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:31 AM
otto bond

I just can't beleive Vancouver enternaining the idea of trading Luongo. But now that it's out, it's too late, they have to trade him.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:50 AM
shakes
Pep City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Did you hear the earlier speculation about Lu nixing a deal to TOR prior to the lockout?

He ain't going to Toronto.
It's funny to see what rumours people believe and what they don't based on their agenda. I really can't believe people still believe that there is trade ready to go. It's so obvious that this is to drive the market again.

But I guess if you want to throw out random speculation without a link go ahead.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:55 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Just popped in to see if the "mystery team" has resolved the "mystery player" issue yet....guess not.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:57 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
The "deal in place" comment has me thinking that the trade partner can send NHL assets back, not futures. Something that can help now.

However, should this drag to the offseason, then Gillis's needs may shift. He may be more apt to trading Luongo for futures because he doesn't need immediate help at that point... So the type of return is time dependent IMO.
If this drags into the offseason, then the bolded just means Gillis was blowing smoke up peoples azzez.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Did you hear the earlier speculation about Lu nixing a deal to TOR prior to the lockout?

Are we talking about that Gallager article.....LOL....OK.

You have discounted that article when it fits...and use it as gold when it fits...make up my mind will you?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:

It depends on how much he wants out of Vancouver and if he is content being second fiddle to Schneider. Something tells me things have changed. There is little market for him to begin with.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:07 AM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Kadri I can see, but Bozak? There are some TML fans that wouldn't give up Bozak to get Luongo? That surprises me but maybe there's more to Bozak than I have seen in my limited viewings.
Bozak while a better player then given credit for on these boards is certainly avail by fans, IMO. For me aa a Leafs fan the problem with aquiring Lou is and isn't the direct cost, but the other costs THAT COME WITH AQUIRING HIM,

Old
01-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
Bozak while a better player then given credit for on these boards is certainly avail by fans, IMO. For me aa a Leafs fan the problem with aquiring Lou is and isn't the direct cost, but the other costs THAT COME WITH AQUIRING HIM,
My sentiment as well. I would have (and would still) welcome Luongo on the Leafs. His contract doesn't bother me, his skill is apparent, his age i'm good with....it's just the pricetag that is the issue.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:12 AM
baartman

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
I think a lot of your fellow Nucks fans will disagree with you. i always saw his age/contract & CBA changes as lowering his value. It is said I am wrong a lot, but in the world of salary caps there don't seem to be a lot of "hockey trades' made these days. He certainly won't fetch what a player of his calibre should, IMO
Absolutely, 100% agree. When Gillis says he's an all star goalie, he's right. So was Heatley :-P Gillis made a huge mistake riding on the good will and patience of his team, and he needs to unload NOW and cut his losses.

Luongo will continue to spew his rhetoric, will say he's fine, but only those inside will know his true feelings.

If I had to make a prediction, you'll see a similar deal that landed heatley in SJ, a has been and a promising borderline bluechip prospect.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:21 AM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
It's not about Bozak's value in a trade it's that luongo brings baggage with him ex. his contract. It adds negative value back to us, we don't want to be paying 2+ million when he's retired. We're not looking at what Bozak brings in a trade but rather the value we're getting in return.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Stats01

vCash: 580
Anyway the whole "We have a deal in place" comment IMO is just a way to garner more interest in the league.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:27 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
It's not about Bozak's value in a trade it's that luongo brings baggage with him ex. his contract. It adds negative value back to us, we don't want to be paying 2+ million when he's retired. We're not looking at what Bozak brings in a trade but rather the value we're getting in return.
Lets be real here, Bozak being included will not kill any deal. Luongo's NTC...yup. What needs to be added to Bozak....yup. But not just Bozak.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
rune74

Whenever there is some good news in regardes to the canucks situation there tends to be a lot of negatives brought out in what seems to be wishful thinking by a team that wants to aquire him for nothing.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Anyway the whole "We have a deal in place" comment IMO is just a way to garner more interest in the league.
Of course it is... You don't announce you have a potential deal in place before its actually done. All you're doing is destroying any leverage you had left

Old
01-23-2013, 09:32 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Whenever there is some good news in regardes to the canucks situation there tends to be a lot of negatives brought out in what seems to be wishful thinking by a team that wants to aquire him for nothing.
Not true on my part. Maybe you can give a reasonable explanation as to why your GM has said we have a deal in place.....BUT....we have to wait. Why not just wait and make the deal?

Also the old "and it's not who anyone thinks...". Kinda sounds like "hey, if you are one of the rumoured teams, you better up your offer!!!". But what do i know, i can only go on your word that Gillis would NEVER use the media to manipulate a situation.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Not true on my part. Maybe you can give a reasonable explanation as to why your GM has said we have a deal in place.....BUT....we have to wait. Why not just wait and make the deal?
To give Schneider confidence before the Calgary game by letting everyone know that Luongo is still the one on his way out shortly?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:35 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
To give Schneider confidence before the Calgary game by letting everyone know that Luongo is still the one on his way out shortly?
Seriously....you don't think he could have just...i don't know, maybe just told Schnieder that in person?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:37 AM
rune74

Quote:
I think he is trying t9o give the other teams interested to step up.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
I think he is trying t9o give the other teams interested to step up.
On this we totally agree. Which means there is NO deal in place, unless he's looking to bone said mystery team.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:40 AM
KeninsFan
Fire Benning already

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seriously....you don't think he could have just...i don't know, maybe just told Schnieder that in person?
Gillis for some odd reason is taking shots at the TO media. First Edler then his recent comments about the trade featuring a team that isn't obvious.

What's even more weird is the same TO media taking shots back. Even McKenzie interpreted the obvious team meaning the Flyers for some reason.

The rumours of Luongo turning down Toronto at the draft are being brushed aside and Toronto is still seen as a front runner for Luongo even though signs point to the opposite (Nonis is patient, Canucks need pieces, Kadri playing well, etc).

Old
01-23-2013, 09:43 AM
doorman

Quote:
My sentiment as well. I would have (and would still) welcome Luongo on the Leafs. His contract doesn't bother me, his skill is apparent, his age i'm good with....it's just the pricetag that is the issue.
see and I agree sorta, when I say other costs I mean that he makes you just good enough to start fooling yourself that you are a better team then you are. You start to draft later which is a bigger gamble for a young team. The chances of a later pick making an impact right away a slim. Granted he may attract ufa'S being solid in net? For years leaf fans were bashed for trying to buy a team, instead of being patient, now we are being told buy high....lol.

Old
baartman

Quote:

Also the old "and it's not who anyone thinks...". Kinda sounds like "hey, if you are one of the rumoured teams, you better up your offer!!!". But what do i know, i can only go on your word that Gillis would NEVER use the media to manipulate a situation.
I think it's gillis showing the owners he is working on the situation, it buys him time, a resource that is running out. Of course he has a deal in place, he's had one the first day Lu came on the market, gillis would be naive to think GM's around the league would fooled by this!

The only other explanation would be gillis is trolling the Toronto media.

Old
Liferleafer
Bob's assclown

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Gillis for some odd reason is taking shots at the TO media. First Edler then his recent comments about the trade featuring a team that isn't obvious.

What's even more weird is the same TO media taking shots back. Even McKenzie interpreted the obvious team meaning the Flyers for some reason.

The rumours of Luongo turning down Toronto at the draft are being brushed aside and Toronto is still seen as a front runner for Luongo even though signs point to the opposite (Nonis is patient, Canucks need pieces, Kadri playing well, etc).
Luongo turning down TO, OK. But if Gillis is alienating himself from a deal with the team that has the biggest need due to his personal issues with the TO media....that doesn't seem prudent.

Old
01-23-2013, 09:44 AM
medhatcanuck

One thing that has confused me a bit is why everyone says we need a center (bozak?). A month down the road our centers are likely to be Sedin, Kesler, Schroeder, Malholtra, Lapierre. Not quite sure where a guy like Tyler bozak fits in that equation. Were not gonna trade Luo for a mediocre center who will fill a role for 1 month... I'm just addressing all the people who think luos gonna be traded for Bozak and 2nd/MacArthur or some crap like that.

What this team does need are 2nd line wingers who are better than Kassian, Booth and Raymond.

Closed Thread