HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF's Official Devils Tickets Thread (Discounts Included) Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 09:58 PM
apice3*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWomp View Post
How is it a weak argument? It's quite simple.

Season ticket holders get draft tickets from the team as a benefit of being a valued customer.They now own those draft tickets and they can do whatever they want with them. Whether it's use them all, use some and sell some, or give some away...it's their call. I don't understand why people keep whining about it.
Because you didn't just GET tickets. You had to apply for them, if I understand correctly. Could be wrong.

If that is the case, for people to go out of their way to claim tickets for an event they had no interest in attend, taking tickets away from people who wanted to go, just to sell those FREE tickets for 100% no-risk profit is just an extremely selfish move and speaks volumes about our society.

Old
06-21-2013, 09:59 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghdi View Post
I was replying to his idiotic statement about people being stubborn.
Idiotic but true. When it comes down to it, anyone who wants to go CAN GO. They just have to open up their wallet.

Old
06-21-2013, 09:59 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by aero8279 View Post
Then technically any perk they give you is free. Have you complained when people sell their BBQ meet and greet or skate with the team tickets too? I haven't read 1 complaint regarding that when technically it's free since you pay for just games.
I think most STH perks are considered event passes and not tickets. Too tired to think of the right words and maybe I'm wrong completely but I think the draft itself is different.

Plus it's debatable if it's even a perk in the first place as non STHs did receive a few.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:00 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
Quote:

Season ticket holders get draft tickets from the team as a benefit of being a valued customer.They now own those draft tickets and they can do whatever they want with them. Whether it's use them all, use some and sell some, or give some away...it's their call. I don't understand why people keep whining about it.
It's quite simple really, if you're a non-sth and don't have a draft ticket you're going to complain you can't get something for free too.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:01 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Idiotic but true. When it comes down to it, anyone who wants to go CAN GO. They just have to open up their wallet.
That's kind of a sad statement to make about a free event for 17,000+ people. Nothing personal, just calling a spade a spade

Old
06-21-2013, 10:01 PM
ghdi

Quote:

No. They can't. You don't understand it because you're clearly not getting it. The draft tickets are complimentary and not included in any contract. A draft ticket is not the same thing as a ticket to a February game against the Panthers which is a contractual obligation that the STH receives when they sign up for seasons. Any person selling these tickets could be liable for every dollar they make if the buyer decided to take them to court. Meaning, if I paid $150 for a draft ticket, I could then turn around, get a lawyer, and get every penny back + the court fees from the seller and its almost a surefire bet that the plaintiff wins in this state because of how strict the laws are.

If someone wants to pay it, more power to them, I dont care what other people do. However its completely disgusting for you to be complaining about someone who decides not to spend that money for something that an STH got as a complimentary gift and shouldnt be selling (law alone) in the first place.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:02 PM
ghdi

Quote:
And anyone who does open their wallet can get the tickets for free by calling their lawyer up and filing a civil suit.

Old
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
It's quite simple really, if you're a non-sth and don't have a draft ticket you're going to complain you can't get something for free too.
The irony is season ticket holders whine all ****ing season. And now you have a problem with me doing it? Shut the **** up.

Old
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Little harder to do it when the main secondary market sources are closed and inventory is 'extremely' limited though. Especially if it technically is illegal to re-sell the tickets anyway.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:04 PM
ghdi

Quote:
Little harder to do it when the main secondary market sources are closed and inventory is 'extremely' limited though.
Bingo. StubHub is not allowing the sale of these tickets because they have no face value. The value comes from the person buying in this respect. So who are you (not you 26) to complain about someone being stubborn for not wanting to pay for something thats being sold illegally?

Old
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
And anyone who does open their wallet can get the tickets for free by calling their lawyer up and filing a civil suit.
Civil suit on who? The Devils aren't liable. You're gonna have to individually attack the people selling them.

Old
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
It's a little bit different. No one cares about those event since they happen yearly. The draft never comes around. This is the first time the tri-state area has ever hosted the event IIRC.
For what its worth, those events are advertised and made known to the season ticket holder as a condition of renewing. When you put in your money to renew, you know you're getting those events and which ones you sign up for. Even though there is no monetary value attached as the cost of attending, you can theoretically justify that differently as you paying for those events. And with it being a year over year thing, it fits that narrative a bit. The action of selling them can still be viewed the same, but those are an aspect of someone purchasing the tickets in the first place.

The draft tickets are a one time thing and more of a rare throw in. The Devils are merely offering the opportunity to their constituents. It wasn't promised as a feature of being a season ticket holder back when people were ordering their tickets a ways back.

Quote:
I can go to anything I want in the world. Hell, anyone can do just about anything they want in the world with enough money to make it happen. This isn't an argument. This is just an observation of how our society functions. What point could you possibly try to support with such a common sense notion.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:06 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Bingo. StubHub is not allowing the sale of these tickets because they have no face value. The value comes from the person buying in this respect. So who are you (not you 26) to complain about someone being stubborn for not wanting to pay for something thats being sold illegally?
Every secondary market purchase is ALWAYS valued by the buyer. Stubhub won't allow sales because the tickets were free, which is different than no face value, and because in general it is just a tad immoral.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:07 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoyJPP View Post
That's kind of a sad statement to make about a free event for 17,000+ people. Nothing personal, just calling a spade a spade
More like 12,000, or however many 100-200 level seats there are.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:10 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

I don't want to sit here and gloat but I entered the lottery knowing I couldn't make the draft. I did so so that in the rare event that I won (and I somehow did) that I could give the tickets away to someone here for free. I just felt it was the right thing to do. Probably could have made an easy $20+ but I actually felt like doing the right thing and tried to take tickets away from people just looking to make a quick buck

Quote:
More like 12,000, or however many 100-200 level seats there are.
My point stands. To have that many free tickets and to still see price gouging doesn't sit right for me.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:11 PM
apice3*

JPP is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve right now.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:13 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
I can go to anything I want in the world. Hell, anyone can do just about anything they want in the world with enough money to make it happen. This isn't an argument. This is just an observation of how our society functions. What point could you possibly try to support with such a common sense notion.
Draft tickets aren't going for a fortune. It's not like we're talking about a Ferrari here. They're reasonably priced on eBay and Craigslist right now, about the same cost as a ticket to a Devils game. And seeing as how there's a lot more games at Prudential Center than there are drafts, $50 to $100 for a draft ticket seems pretty fair.

My point is: as with anything in life, it comes down to how bad you want it. Even if money is tight, if you really want to go to the draft, you can find a way to make it happen. It's a tradeoff...what do you value more, the money or the draft experience? It's not hard to pay for a draft ticket. Buy deli meat for a week and make your own sandwiches instead of eating out for lunch every day at work. Skip a weekend out at the bars. Rent a movie instead of going to see one in person.

If you want to go to the draft, just go! Stop whining about it. It just screams jealousy.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:13 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
JPP is the hero we need, but not the one we deserve right now.

I've helped people on here for numerous things from job interviews to red bull tickets and yet I'm still probably top 5 hated on this board and collect infractions as if they are Halloween candy

Old
06-21-2013, 10:14 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
Good luck. What a joke...talk about problems with society today and blowing things out of proportion.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:15 PM
ghdi

Quote:
Civil suit on who? The Devils aren't liable. You're gonna have to individually attack the people selling them.
The seller. The Devils have nothing to do with this.

It's illegal to sell these tickets. I've posted links to the NJ law previously. The draft tickets have no resale value. They're not allowed to be sold on StubHub because of this.

A seller is in violation of the scalping laws in NJ if they sell these tickets. They're not game tickets which have a fixed value to them and can be sold for 50% more than face. These draft tickets are complimentary and not included in a STH's contract. They're considered "gifts", just as the free skate with the team and all that sort of malarkey are.

Basically anyone who buys these tickets can get their money back + the court fees if they contact a lawyer. These tickets are not covered by the 50% law because they have no resale value and state explicitly on the ticket "NOT FOR RESALE".

Old
06-21-2013, 10:16 PM
ghdi

Quote:
Good luck. What a joke...talk about problems with society today and blowing things out of proportion.
Talk about being extremely selfish and sticking up for people who get in the way of others who want to attend an event and can't because a season ticket holder got greedy.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:16 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
The seller. The Devils have nothing to do with this.

It's illegal to sell these tickets. I've posted links to the NJ law previously. The draft tickets have no resale value. They're not allowed to be sold on StubHub because of this.

A seller is in violation of the scalping laws in NJ if they sell these tickets. They're not game tickets which have a fixed value to them and can be sold for 50% more than face. These draft tickets are complimentary and not included in a STH's contract. They're considered "gifts", just as the free skate with the team and all that sort of malarkey are.

Basically anyone who buys these tickets can get their money back + the court fees if they contact a lawyer. These tickets are not covered by the 50% law because they have no resale value and state explicitly on the ticket "NOT FOR RESALE".
You are suggesting opening up a civil suit on a person because they are selling a draft ticket? Have fun blowing thousands of bucks on that

Old
06-21-2013, 10:17 PM
JWomp
HFB Partner

Quote:
I don't want to sit here and gloat but I entered the lottery knowing I couldn't make the draft. I did so so that in the rare event that I won (and I somehow did) that I could give the tickets away to someone here for free. I just felt it was the right thing to do. Probably could have made an easy $20+ but I actually felt like doing the right thing and tried to take tickets away from people just looking to make a quick buck
I agree that entering the lottery for the sole purpose of having a chance to re-sell doesn't sit well with me. But for season ticket holders who want to sell their two guaranteed tickets instead of going? That's their call to make. If they want to sacrifice the draft experience for a few bucks, who are we to question it?

Old
Scott04

Quote:
Draft tickets aren't going for a fortune. It's not like we're talking about a Ferrari here. They're reasonably priced on eBay and Craigslist right now, about the same cost as a ticket to a Devils game. And seeing as how there's a lot more games at Prudential Center than there are drafts, $50 to $100 for a draft ticket seems pretty fair.

My point is: as with anything in life, it comes down to how bad you want it. Even if money is tight, if you really want to go to the draft, you can find a way to make it happen. It's a tradeoff...what do you value more, the money or the draft experience? It's not hard to pay for a draft ticket. Buy deli meat for a week and make your own sandwiches instead of eating out for lunch every day at work. Skip a weekend out at the bars. Rent a movie instead of going to see one in person.

If you want to go to the draft, just go! Stop whining about it. It just screams jealousy.
Whining? Jealousy? About what? My family has season tickets. I have a ticket for the draft if I want it. I'm just not going. Is it wrong for me to be in this position and still think its shenanigans for STHs to be selling their free passes to the draft for a profit, or at least, that its wrong for them to try to "justify" doing so because they shell out money for other things? Please tell me what I'm jealous of...

And the rest of your post is just re-stating the same thing. That's not an argument. That's how society works. You can do anything you want in life if you shell out the money to make it happen. Trying to rationalize or explain that doesn't impress me or contribute anything here.

Old
apice3*

Quote:

I'm sorry but I see tickets on ebay, with bids, going for around 50 bucks. That is not reasonably priced for a FREE EVENT.

If you want to see whining, check out the ticket thread any time there is a discount on game tickets. You will see STH's whining much more than anyone is complaining about the selfishness of selling free tickets. Most of the STH's on this board are self-entitled jackasses that are using their status as a STH to justify illegal price gouging.

Closed Thread