HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tor - Det

Old
01-23-2013, 08:45 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

vCash: 500
Tor - Det

Not a major trade, however Detroit is in need of defense. Coming out of the gate, leafs have a surplus of players that can play in the NHL, just not enough jobs. Especially with Jake Gardiner coming off the IR.

To Det
Cody Franson
Mark Owuya

To Tor
Petr Mrazek

Update "Detroit losing bodies fast. Told Ian White cut went through the muscle."

Last edited by HockeyGuruPitka: 01-23-2013 at 09:22 AM.
HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:48 AM
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Not a major trade, however Detroit is in need of defense. Coming out of the gate, leafs have a surplus of players that can play in the NHL, just not enough jobs. Especially with Jake Gardiner coming off the IR.

To Det
Cody Franson
Mark Owuya

To Tor
Petr Mrazek
No thanks, we're stacked with mediocre d at the moment. Including injuries they have 8 d-men on the roster. If they trade it should be for a solid 2-way top 4 guy.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:23 AM
wingfan

Quote:

To Det
Cody Franson
Mark Owuya

To Tor
Petr Mrazek

Update "Detroit losing bodies fast. Told Ian White cut went through the muscle."
Yeah, I think we're interested in trading our top goalie prospect for guys that TORONTO has no room for on the roster. No thanks...

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
Yeah, I think we're interested in trading our top goalie prospect for guys that TORONTO has no room for on the roster. No thanks...
Well any counter proposal? Hes a good defense man, leafs just have to many puck movers and need to make room for shut down guys.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:29 AM
Inverted

Last thing the Leafs need is more goalie prospects. No thanks.

Leafs pass.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:14 AM
wingfan

Quote:
Well any counter proposal? Hes a good defense man, leafs just have to many puck movers and need to make room for shut down guys.
No, especially with Detroit just picking up Kent Huskins yesterday. Trading any prospect(s) or pick(s) for 5-7 dmen right now for Detroit is a lateral move at best. We have a plethora and probably only 2 proven top four guys in Kronwall and Ericsson.

If you want to talk an actual trade, I'd suggest something like this:

Det receives:
Jake Gardiner

Toronto receives:
Petr Mrazek
Gustav Nyquist
2013 2nd

I still don't like the deal as I really like Mrazek and Nyquist is ready to play top six minutes in the NHL, but you have to give to receive, and our need for a solid Dman is our biggest priority.

wingfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:24 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Red Wings pass.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfan View Post
No, especially with Detroit just picking up Kent Huskins yesterday. Trading any prospect(s) or pick(s) for 5-7 dmen right now for Detroit is a lateral move at best. We have a plethora and probably only 2 proven top four guys in Kronwall and Ericsson.

If you want to talk an actual trade, I'd suggest something like this:

Det receives:
Jake Gardiner

Toronto receives:
Petr Mrazek
Gustav Nyquist
2013 2nd

I still don't like the deal as I really like Mrazek and Nyquist is ready to play top six minutes in the NHL, but you have to give to receive, and our need for a solid Dman is our biggest priority.
Again easy no from the Leafs, we have no need for wingers or goalie prospects, If Gardiner is to be traded whether its in a package it should/will be for 1C or 1A goalie.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Grittzkey
Foreplay Guru

Detroit is really high on Mrazek. He's already won the starting job in Grand Rapids and has been really just outstanding since he's been drafted.

I don't think throwing in a random goalie prospect really changes much. Anybody can be a goalie but to be a good one is another thing. I personally see Mrazek as one of Detroits top 3 prospects.

Grittzkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:47 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grittzkey View Post
Detroit is really high on Mrazek. He's already won the starting job in Grand Rapids and has been really just outstanding since he's been drafted.

I don't think throwing in a random goalie prospect really changes much. Anybody can be a goalie but to be a good one is another thing. I personally see Mrazek as one of Detroits top 3 prospects.
Yep, quite an easy decline on the wings part. Mrazek is a top 5 prospect for us (Smith & Nyquist no longer count imo) and he's arguable in the top 3. As for needing Dmen depending on who's ready come Friday we may have Ericsson & Kindl ready by then, and Lashoff has filled in quite admirable in his time here and is making a case to stay. What we need is not being offered in this trade (Defensive Dman, that can log a lot of PK/ES time).

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote