Ilari Filppula, Jokerit

http://www.hockeysverige.se/article/...t-hockey-games

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 07:40 AM
nonoob12

vCash: 500
I have no idea why Jalonen did not take Barkov and Nieminen in this team

well this is what you get when your national team head coach gets his money from KHL. Leijonat is only his B-team now he does not watch sm liiga games anymore hi should take hot players in NT but he just looks a scoreboards nowadays.

example: ilari filppula he only has 2 points in his last 6 games and what I read has not played very good overall either.
+ taking guys like kuusela and koskiranta over barkov and nieminen is just sad

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...asyn-leijoniin
okay jari kurri said that they want take barkov but Tappara didnt let him go but Kurri didnt tell did they ask nieminen in NT too if not its probably becouse his personality hi does not sound like robot in interviews he actually talks to reporters more than just: we just play our own game let see where it takes us.
and usually those flashy personalities do not make in NT when was the last time when that hapenned???

Last edited by nonoob12: 01-28-2013 at 07:58 AM.
nonoob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:02 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoob12 View Post
I have no idea why Jalonen did not take Barkov and Nieminen in this team

well this is what you get when your national team head coach gets his money from KHL. Leijonat is only his B-team now he does not watch sm liiga games anymore hi should take hot players in NT but he just looks a scoreboards nowadays.

example: ilari filppula he only has 2 points in his last 6 games and what I read has not played very good overall either.
+ taking guys like kuusela and koskiranta over barkov and nieminen is just sad

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...asyn-leijoniin
okay jari kurri said that they want take barkov but Tappara didnt let him go but Kurri didnt tell did they ask nieminen in NT too if not its probably becouse his personality hi does not sound like robot in interviews he actually talks to reporters more than just: we just play our own game let see where it takes us.
and usually those flashy personalities do not make in NT when was the last time when that hapenned???
Filppula's played injured ever since after the Christmas break. I don't understand why he was even picked for this tournament, he needs to rest his knee.

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 08:34 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

According to Kurri, they had Barkov in sights, but Tappara asked 'em to give him a rest.

A good call, IMO. He's been under heavy load, and there's still games left on spring.

As to Nemo, it's merely a rumor, but I heard somewhere that he's been systematically refusing these calls in the last couple of years.

One name I hate not seeing there is Pulkkinen. He's been in decent form lately, and we really should turn every stone for potential scorers.

FiLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
According to Kurri, they had Barkov in sights, but Tappara asked 'em to give him a rest.

A good call, IMO. He's been under heavy load, and there's still games left on spring.

As to Nemo, it's merely a rumor, but I heard somewhere that he's been systematically refusing these calls in the last couple of years.

One name I hate not seeing there is Pulkkinen. He's been in decent form lately, and we really should turn every stone for potential scorers.
I haven't heard anything about Nemo refusing the calls, I've only heard him saying he's always interested in the NT. Is he in Jalonen's doghouse or something?

I don't understand why Pulkkinen isn't there, either. Why wasn't he picked now when he finally deserves it again?

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-29-2013, 01:42 PM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaps View Post
I haven't heard anything about Nemo refusing the calls, I've only heard him saying he's always interested in the NT. Is he in Jalonen's doghouse or something?
Beats me. But he has never been in the NT during Jalonen's tenure, so it's hard to imagine JJ just developing a dislike towards him out of the blue.

That being said, the man's NT career is just strange. I mean, he's a two-time olympian and was in the World Cup as well, but has not played in a single WHC.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:42 AM
nonoob12

Nieminen said to YLE that hes always interested for playing in national team but nobody from NT has not take any contact to him.
So reason must be really bad scouting or they just dont like him.
http://yle.fi/urheilu/liigakonkari_l...a_aina/6476017

i hope that it is just bad scouting becouse i really want to see Nieminen and Barkov in WC at Finlands third line.

nonoob12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 05:50 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Was just coming to post the same.

Such is the nature of rumors. Sometimes they turn out to be true, sometimes not.

I'd definitely be interested to see as well what Nemo could bring to the NT.

Old
02-01-2013, 09:03 AM
Fredde
Rookie User

To bad, was hoping for Barkov or/and Teräväinen to play in this tournament. I think that would have been a great experience for them to play a couple of games with the NT.

Fredde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-02-2013, 06:47 AM
Gaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoob12 View Post
Nieminen said to YLE that hes always interested for playing in national team but nobody from NT has not take any contact to him.
So reason must be really bad scouting or they just dont like him.
http://yle.fi/urheilu/liigakonkari_l...a_aina/6476017

i hope that it is just bad scouting becouse i really want to see Nieminen and Barkov in WC at Finlands third line.
This could play a part in why he hasn't been contacted: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/mmkiekko/a...390145345.html

That kind of criticism isn't going to win him any points with Jalonen.

Gaps is offline   Reply With Quote