HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread

Old
01-23-2013, 02:09 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
When the Leafs AHL coach made a negative comment about kadri's conditioning and a few fans tried calling him a bust, asking if he wouldn't be dealt, I can't recall one thread started by NYI fans or honestly, even one post from a NYI fan, calling for the NYI to get Kadri.
Fair enough.

It was a quick comparison, and response to the previous poster commenting on Nino's value.

If he wants out, it makes sense that there is a lot of fans coming in to test the waters. His value is still there, sure. He still has a lot to prove and as another teams GM I would be hesitant moving my own young prospect who would have similar value. Do not like how this agent has handcuffed the GM, Nino should have done his thing and proved himself in NY.

Old
01-23-2013, 02:26 PM
Healfezza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laoghaire View Post
Zibanejad for Nino seems so reasonable
There are a couple questions with this, but as a whole I like the idea.

Would the Senators brass want to give up on a guy they drafted to take on a guy projected to have a similar ceiling?

Would the Islanders feel comortable with the value? They have similar draft positions but Nino is a year older and has shown his ability to score in the AHL. Zibanejad should get there as he adjusts to the North American ice but there will always be questions until he produces.

Would the Islanders want another center? Zibanejad was drafted as a center, but on Ottawa he is projected to play wing due to center depth. Would they do the same thing?

Old
01-23-2013, 02:31 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 835
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanOfLeisure View Post
Niederreiter and Scott Mayfield to NJ for Adam Larsson
Sweet Lord Jesus, no.

I'll give up Jon Merrill and not a penny more.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:11 PM
Curtinho
YNWA

Stefan Noesen + Mark Stone

Old
01-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Sterling31
YNWA - TML

I would do something around Frattin + Percy/Blacker/Holzer .....I know it isn't appealing to NYI fans, but i can't see the leafs GM swapping too much more for the unproven NHLer.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:15 PM
FrolikFan67

does he play LW or RW (or both)? if he can play rw id like the panthers to look into him. we got ellerby, robak, strachan, petrovic, matheson (and kulikov but i dont think wed trade him) on D and trocheck, grimaldi, matthias, upshall, kopecky, mueller (and potentially howden and shore). im not that concerned with the 1pt in 55games. he was playing on a weak team, not getting much ice time (i assume/3rd line right?), and played with subpar line mates at a very young age. he got a feel for what the nhl is like, is now in the ahl and is doing extremely well, if he played on the 2nd line with huberdeau i think his production would be just fine, but i doubt they even trade him.

id offer Howden + Petrovic + Ellerby + 2nd '14

Old
01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
William Hylander
There can be only 1

vCash: 431
The leafs would need to give up a forward to make room for NN so what about this trade:

Kulemin
for
Niederreiter
2nd Round pick

Kulemin has been falling off but he still loks like a 20 goal 50 point player who can play defense and play hard nose hockey.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:20 PM
PALE PWNR

A 4th round pick

Old
01-23-2013, 03:27 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolikFan67 View Post
does he play LW or RW (or both)? if he can play rw id like the panthers to look into him. we got ellerby, robak, strachan, petrovic, matheson (and kulikov but i dont think wed trade him) on D and trocheck, grimaldi, matthias, upshall, kopecky, mueller (and potentially howden and shore). im not that concerned with the 1pt in 55games. he was playing on a weak team, not getting much ice time (i assume/3rd line right?), and played with subpar line mates at a very young age. he got a feel for what the nhl is like, is now in the ahl and is doing extremely well, if he played on the 2nd line with huberdeau i think his production would be just fine, but i doubt they even trade him.

id offer Howden + Petrovic + Ellerby + 2nd '14
I second my Panther fan's sentiment. We definitely have the assets, and I would be happy to move them. I would also be willing to give up next years 1st, but then both Howden and Petro cannot both be included. But something around one of them, a younger roster player like Ellerby/Matthias/etc. and a the first would certainly be reasonable IMO.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:28 PM
Kaibur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I'm not sure Niederreiter would actually be a good fit for Phoenix. I'd be mildly surprised if our GM actually pulled the trigger on a trade for him. Having said that, I'm curious what you folks might consider the price to be.

Could David Rundblad be the principal piece in a deal for Niederreiter? If so, what would you expect the rest of the deal would look like? How would it need to be filled out to be workable?
Maybe we could offer David Rundblad & Chris Brown?

Old
01-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Colborne and Biggs for El Nino.

Old
01-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Flameshomer

I would do Giordano for Niederreiter straight across. Gio is only 29, in his prime, and he's a good #2 defenseman. I just think he's not the right fit in Calgary right now, and a Nino would be much more beneficial.

That said, I'm not sure many of my fellow flames fans will find that overly palatable.

Old
01-23-2013, 04:44 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

As an Avs fan, how does one of Siemens/Barrie/Elliot + Mike Connolly + 2nd for Niederreiter sound? Close?

Last edited by Steve Varmalov: 01-23-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old
01-23-2013, 05:01 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Honestly if you have two or more pieces, there's a 99% chance it's a bad deal for the islanders. We want quality not quantity.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:07 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseonfire View Post
Honestly if you have two or more pieces, there's a 99% chance it's a bad deal for the islanders. We want quality not quantity.
Too bad they messed up NN's value when they put him in the league too early. No one is going to give up high quality assets for someone who's NHL debut was so poor. Regardless of the circumstances, it will cause GMs to hesitate giving up the assets NYI want.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:10 PM
leafsrule123

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Finn plus Gunner would not be bad at all imo but I think that the Isles would want more of an established player...
Yeah Nino is really established himself..........

Old
01-23-2013, 05:14 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Too bad they messed up NN's value when they put him in the league too early. No one is going to give up high quality assets for someone who's NHL debut was so poor. Regardless of the circumstances, it will cause GMs to hesitate giving up the assets NYI want.
In this thread, I've posted links to recent comments about Nino. One is from a non-Isle scout who says his play has been dynamic this season and the other comment, from an AHL watcher, who lists Nino among the best players in the AHL this season.

Hmmm..... nhl scout's opinion vs. armchair gms on message boards opinions. I'm guessing, gms will go with their scouts opinions.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:27 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Simple fact it makes absolutely no sense for the Islanders to trade Nino unless he is part of a package for an upgrade. We have enough spare parts playing in Bridgeport, that 2(lesser parts) for 1 trades don't really help us

Old
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

I've seen a lot of offers, not responses. It would be nice if we could get an idea of where Isles fans stand.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:44 PM
Scotianhab

Louis Leblanc, Yannick Weber & a 4th rd for Niederreiter & 5th rd.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:47 PM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
I've seen a lot of offers, not responses. It would be nice if we could get an idea of where Isles fans stand.
I think our silence is probably the biggest sign of where we stand. Nino isn't being shopped currently.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:55 PM
Benedict Kovalchuk
Kovalchuk: A spy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameshomer View Post
I would do Giordano for Niederreiter straight across. Gio is only 29, in his prime, and he's a good #2 defenseman. I just think he's not the right fit in Calgary right now, and a Nino would be much more beneficial.

That said, I'm not sure many of my fellow flames fans will find that overly palatable.
As Isles fan I would also do this trade, really helps both teams. Calgary gets Niederrieter playing with Baertschi, Islanders get a real solid Dman for the next three seasons after this one. I'm not sure my fellow Isles fans would like this either, but we desperately need defense with our inability to sign any halfway decent FAs.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:56 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
How many times have NYI fans posted, that Snow would demand 1 young player with similar upside, that he wants quality for quality?

No depth trades for top prospects. No 2-3 lesser pieces.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
How many times have NYI fans posted, that Snow would demand 1 young player with similar upside, that he wants quality for quality?

No depth trades for top prospects. No 2-3 lesser pieces.
How do we know this?

If Niederreiter WERE to be traded, it wouldn't be in a 1 for 1. Nobody has a young player currently of Niederreiter's perceived value that is struggling or wants out. The latest was Turris but that ship has sailed.

Likewise I doubt a GM would trade away a happy, young, potential franchise player for a package including Niederreiter.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:15 PM
CREW99AW

Below are the comments from Nino's agent.

Notice how he says, that in two yrs he expects tough contract talks with Snow?

Snow imo has made it clear to Nino and his agent, that the isles aren't trading Nino.

So, all this talk about how the isles and their fans are gonna be disappointed with the return for Nino, is wasted. Nino's not being shopped, not being traded so no need to be disappointed.

http://www.20min.ch/sport/eishockey/...aubt--30354469
What are you going to do now?
We’ll see. I’ll have some tough negotiations with GM Garth Snow when Nino’s contract is over in two years, anyway. I want Nino Niederreiter on a team, that believes in him and that gives him a chance. It doesn’t matter if this team is the New York Islanders or a different team.

Closed Thread