HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 04:54 PM
  #526
Descendent*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Magnus Pajaarvi

Descendent* is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 04:58 PM
  #527
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 30,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp10 View Post
Magnus Pajaarvi
Oklahoma City Barons* AHL 37 4 16 20

Nino Niederreiter

Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL 39 19 17 36

how is this good for the Islanders?

The Islanders have 4 other players under 22 who have more points this season in the AHL then Magnus(Sundstrom, Nelson, Cizikas and Persson)

boredmale is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:34 PM
  #528
airforceones25
Registered User
 
airforceones25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: California
Country: United States
Posts: 3,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Oklahoma City Barons* AHL 37 4 16 20

Nino Niederreiter

Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL 39 19 17 36

how is this good for the Islanders?

The Islanders have 4 other players under 22 who have more points this season in the AHL then Magnus(Sundstrom, Nelson, Cizikas and Persson)
lol...

Great logic.

NHL

MPS ...... .34ppg pace
Nino ...... .04ppg pace

airforceones25 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:38 PM
  #529
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 30,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
lol...

Great logic.

NHL

MPS ...... .34ppg pace
Nino ...... .04ppg pace
Simple fact is both guys have had underwhelming/disappointing NHL careers so far. In the case of Nino at least he is proving he can score at a different level and hopefully that translates when he gets his shot back in the NHL. In the case of MPS, his AHL stats are underwhelming as well

boredmale is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:39 PM
  #530
BOUNCE
Registered User
 
BOUNCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 658
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Oklahoma City Barons* AHL 37 4 16 20

Nino Niederreiter

Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL 39 19 17 36

how is this good for the Islanders?

The Islanders have 4 other players under 22 who have more points this season in the AHL then Magnus(Sundstrom, Nelson, Cizikas and Persson)
Paajarvi NHL 122 17 25 42

Niederreiter NHL 64 1 2 3



Its not bad for both teams, they are both under achieving. Magnus has had more success in the NHL, while Neiderreiter has had more success in the AHL. The fact of the matter is you don't know which one will be better. Its a project for a project. Seems pretty fair to me.

BOUNCE is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:41 PM
  #531
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 30,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Its not bad for both teams, they are both under achieving. Magnus has had more success in the NHL, while Neiderreiter has had more success in the AHL. The fact of the matter is you don't know which one will be better. Its a project for a project. Seems pretty fair to me.
No Nino is doing quite fine in the AHL and he will be back on the Islanders roster sooner or later. The Islanders made a mistake playing him as a 19 year old but it doesn't change the fact that Nino is high in the Islanders plans for getting a spot int he top 6 in the near future.

boredmale is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:44 PM
  #532
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Paajarvi NHL 122 17 25 42

Niederreiter NHL 64 1 2 3



Its not bad for both teams, they are both under achieving. Magnus has had more success in the NHL, while Neiderreiter has had more success in the AHL. The fact of the matter is you don't know which one will be better. Its a project for a project. Seems pretty fair to me.
Except for those nagging little facts such as the isles liking Nino's offensive upside and physical play better, the isles not wanting to trade Nino.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
  #533
BOUNCE
Registered User
 
BOUNCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 658
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
No Nino is doing quite fine in the AHL and he will be back on the Islanders roster sooner or later. The Islanders made a mistake playing him as a 19 year old but it doesn't change the fact that Nino is high in the Islanders plans for getting a spot int he top 6 in the near future.
Then keep your player. This thread isn't titled Nino is getting a top 6 position, its titled NINO NIEDERREITER OFFERS

BOUNCE is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
  #534
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Paajarvi NHL 122 17 25 42

Niederreiter NHL 64 1 2 3



Its not bad for both teams, they are both under achieving. Magnus has had more success in the NHL, while Neiderreiter has had more success in the AHL. The fact of the matter is you don't know which one will be better. Its a project for a project. Seems pretty fair to me.
Nino is also a year younger in chronological years (almost a year and a half) and is a more recent draftee (2010) compared to Paajarvi. That does play a factor here.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:48 PM
  #535
BOUNCE
Registered User
 
BOUNCE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 658
vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Nino is also a year younger in chronological years (almost a year and a half) and is a more recent draftee (2010) compared to Paajarvi. That does play a factor here.
Well I think it's best that Islanders keep Nino and hopefully he stays happy, plays well, and fully reaches his potential.

BOUNCE is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:50 PM
  #536
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Then keep your player. This thread isn't titled Nino is getting a top 6 position, its titled NINO NIEDERREITER OFFERS

The OP is not an Isle fan. Isle fans are fine with letting Nino continue to develop in the AHL this season, get his next chance at the NHL either when an injury hits this season or in next season's training camp.

Opposing fans seem surprised, that Snow and NYI fans, aren't interested in buying high and selling low

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
  #537
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Well I think it's best that Islanders keep Nino and hopefully he stays happy, plays well, and fully reaches his potential.
And that's what we've been trying to tell everyone. We're not dealing Nino, he's been looking very good this year. He's healthy and playing 20+ minutes a night for Bridgeport. He's finally being 'developed' by a team with a reputation of rushing their prospects. He (and definitely his agent) may not be happy about being in the AHL, but the Isles are being more cautious for once. It's a welcome change in philosophy for many Isles fans.

Sorry if it seemed like I was attacking you, it's just been frustrating reading this thread as an Isles fan.

PWJunior is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 05:54 PM
  #538
me2
Team Ben Anti-Tank 0
 
me2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Team Tank 1
Country: Wallis & Futuna
Posts: 27,847
vCash: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by entropism View Post
It makes perfect sense they don't want to toll Vis' contract, but not JUST for those reasons. The guy is on the decline, and he's looking to play for a limited amount of time before he retires. Toll him this year and he can play in the KHL this season, then retire next season without playing for the Isles at all.

That being said, re: Niederreiter... The Isles will either get a damn good return, or NO return. As many, MANY people here have said, the Isles have no motivation to trade him right now.
They may have a trade ready for Vis when he gets back, if not then they go looking for a buyer at the deadline. Get something out if the contract, better than tolling an unhappy guy.

Nino will stay, it'll take a heck of package to get him.

me2 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:42 PM
  #539
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Idk ifs been proposed already but how would frattin + a 2nd round pick be enough? Idk how much trade value niño holds. So don't be too harsh here lol

OptimusReimer34 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 10:52 PM
  #540
TSA0402
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,805
vCash: 500
Did Nino fire his agent yet?

TSA0402 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:44 AM
  #541
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Oklahoma City Barons* AHL 37 4 16 20

Nino Niederreiter

Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL 39 19 17 36

how is this good for the Islanders?

The Islanders have 4 other players under 22 who have more points this season in the AHL then Magnus(Sundstrom, Nelson, Cizikas and Persson)
And Nino is a year younger and less developed

LotteryForLife* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:46 AM
  #542
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Idk ifs been proposed already but how would frattin + a 2nd round pick be enough? Idk how much trade value niño holds. So don't be too harsh here lol
Frattin is a solid player but I would prefer a player with a bit more upside

LotteryForLife* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 06:47 AM
  #543
LotteryForLife*
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,275
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Nino is also a year younger in chronological years (almost a year and a half) and is a more recent draftee (2010) compared to Paajarvi. That does play a factor here.
And lets not forget he was buried on the fourth line with two of the worst offensive players in the NHL last year

LotteryForLife* is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 01:56 PM
  #544
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Frattin is a solid player but I would prefer a player with a bit more upside
Well ok that's fair. Who would you want from the leafs then?

OptimusReimer34 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:07 PM
  #545
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Well ok that's fair. Who would you want from the leafs then?
What one young player, would Snow look at and think there's a potential stud, worth giving up my potential stud?

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
  #546
Beukeboom Fan
Registered User
 
Beukeboom Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 13,431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOUNCE View Post
Paajarvi NHL 122 17 25 42

Niederreiter NHL 64 1 2 3



Its not bad for both teams, they are both under achieving. Magnus has had more success in the NHL, while Neiderreiter has had more success in the AHL. The fact of the matter is you don't know which one will be better. Its a project for a project. Seems pretty fair to me.
Of NN's 64 games - 53 of them were a total write-off because he was playing 7 minutes a night with total stiff's offensively.

I'm not saying that the value is "fair", just that it seems like NN is progressing as of right now, and MPS isn't. Citing NN's NHL stats for a throw-away partial season really has ZERO bearing on the discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Beukeboom Fan is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:30 PM
  #547
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Of NN's 64 games - 53 of them were a total write-off because he was playing 7 minutes a night with total stiff's offensively.

I'm not saying that the value is "fair", just that it seems like NN is progressing as of right now, and MPS isn't. Citing NN's NHL stats for a throw-away partial season really has ZERO bearing on the discussion as far as I'm concerned.
Exactly.

Isles aren't looking at Nino and saying 'We have to get his development back on track'.

The isles are looking at Nino and saying 'He looks very good. He's back on track'.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:31 PM
  #548
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
What one young player, would Snow look at and think there's a potential stud, worth giving up my potential stud?
I assume you are talking about Kadri. While probably fair value, I don't want to give Kadri for Niño sorry. Guess there isn't anyone else you want is there.

OptimusReimer34 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:39 PM
  #549
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 33,054
vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
I assume you are talking about Kadri. While probably fair value, I don't want to give Kadri for Niño sorry. Guess there isn't anyone else you want is there.
No I wasn't talking about Kadri. I liked what I saw from Kadri, in last night's Isles/Leafs game, but I prefer the size and physical play I think Nino will bring to Tavares line.


I'm pointing out, what Snow's previous trade demands have been for his high lottery picks: 1 young high end player, with similar upside. No 2-3 lesser pieces.

Just like the Leafs, the isles would prefer quality over quantity

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 02:51 PM
  #550
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
No I wasn't talking about Kadri. I liked what I saw from Kadri, in last night's Isles/Leafs game, but I prefer the size and physical play I think Nino will bring to Tavares line.


I'm pointing out, what Snow's previous trade demands have been for his high lottery picks: 1 young high end player, with similar upside. No 2-3 lesser pieces.

Just like the Leafs, the isles would prefer quality over quantity
Those are all very good points and I can't really argue with any of them. That being said if you were Snow, what would you want from the leafs going back for Niño?

OptimusReimer34 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.