HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nino Niederreiter Offers

Closed Thread

Old
01-22-2013, 06:32 PM
OCPenguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
PRV: 2nd/3rd liners Ullstrom, Sundstrom, Perrson,Cizikas have all played well either in the AHL or NHL. Even Kabanov, pre-arm injury was drawing props.

Omark: I can think of at least two small NYI prospects, who's size kept them from sticking and producing with the NYI. Both have gone on to be scoring leaders in Europe:Weinhandl and Rhett Rkashani(sp). Omark tearing up a nonphysocal euro league, means very little.

The 3rd is very tempting.... I'm gonna guess Snow says no thanks,
It's the same recycled names to be traded out of Edmonton. You can get Omark off the waiver wire soon probably. PRV this is a make or break year for him in Edmonton and it doesn't appear to be his year at this moment.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawksfan2828 View Post
Good luck with that.....

The notion you're going to get a Patrick Sharp straight up for Nino is laughable..

A Saad (or any prospect on par) for Nino deal seems more likely. You may get a bottom 6 player but no way will you land a top 6 with just Nino...
Well if gms call Snow and he makes his outragious demands, they should be used to it.

Let them call after 7 pm and they can have their offers rejected and not use their minutes.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:34 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xECK29x View Post
Snow will only trade Nino for an established player similar to Ninos upside (25-30g power forward or sniper) or a prospect with similar upside. There is no need to trade him, he has not told Snow he is unhappy, im sure this is all a miscommunication which will blow over in a month or so.

You ain't getting a hefty return, that meaning proven scorer or established scorer for Nino at this juncture. Not even close.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:37 PM
kasper11

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i've always been of the mind that if a player wants out, i wouldn't want him around. not saying you give the guy away, but no reason hanging onto a potential bad apple, so to speak.

on a side note, gotta give you some credit - you've been defending all-things islanders for the past 10+ years on HF despite their status as a laughing stock. hopefully they turn it around someday.
The Isles have a history of refusing to give into demands. So far it has worked out great with Nabokov, we will see about Visnovsky.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:38 PM
Aceonfire*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
It's the same recycled names to be traded out of Edmonton. You can get Omark off the waiver wire soon probably. PRV this is a make or break year for him in Edmonton and it doesn't appear to be his year at this moment.
This isn't a make it or break it year at all. Unless injuries happen he can't even crack the top 9.

Realistically Paajarvi has a much better chance on another team. Renney screwed with his development by burying him on the 3rd/4th line.

I am sure teams like NJ would be interested.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Hawksfan2828

Quote:
Well if gms call Snow and he makes his outragious demands, they should be used to it.

Let them call after 7 pm and they can have their offers rejected and not use their minutes.
Jamison says NO!

Hahaha..

Don't make me break out the magic 8-ball

Old
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
russ99

Quote:
Omark's playing in Zug all season, and he's still got another year before hitting RFA. I'm thinking either the Oilers keep his rights out of spite or deal him for a 3rd or 4th rounder at the draft.

Nobody on Edmonton's NHL roster is a good fit, maybe something like Marincin, Reider (point a game winger in the OHL) and a 3rd/4th rounder would be fair value.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:50 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

Quote:
This! He won't necessarily be put on waivers or just given away, but he doesn't hold much value at all to any GMs in the league. Top 6 or bust (good luck to him ever cracking that Oilers top 6)

Old
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Jester9881

Nino has no leverage, and Garth Snow isn't going to trade him for pennies on the dollar just because he's disgruntled. My guess, is this gets smoothed over.... Bridgeport coaching staff, Garth Snow and Mark Streit speak with him. He will be the first injury call up and be assured an honest chance at making the team next season.

This time next year we won't even be talking about it.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Soundwave

The Oilers may have interest because Krueger was coach of the Swiss team too in the past and probably has kept tabs on players coming out of Switzerland.

I would consider

MPS + Omark for Nino + one other piece or a pick.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:55 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ99 View Post
Omark's playing in Zug all season, and he's still got another year before hitting RFA. I'm thinking either the Oilers keep his rights out of spite or deal him for a 3rd or 4th rounder at the draft.

Nobody on Edmonton's NHL roster is a good fit, maybe something like Marincin, Reider (point a game winger in the OHL) and a 3rd/4th rounder would be fair value.
Look. The isles are not gifting any team, with a 20 yr old, 5th overall pick.

Several depth pieces won't get it done.

Isles have a glut of unproven youngsters.

Old
01-22-2013, 06:58 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
The Oilers may have interest because Krueger was coach of the Swiss team too in the past and probably has kept tabs on players coming out of Switzerland.
Snow probably has interest in Eberle and Schultz, but because they are no where near ufa age, that does not mean much.

Same with Nino. Unless the new cba changed the ufa age, Nino's complaints aren't forcing Snow's hands.

Unlike the Turris situation, Nino is signed to a 3 yr deal. So, no worries about an offersheet. No teams applying subtle pressure.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:07 PM
TMLife
Auston Matthews

Frattin + holzer/Finn/Percy

Old
01-22-2013, 07:09 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
If 19 yr old Reinhart doesn't make next season's team, out of training camp and his agent demands a trade, do they trade him?

What about 20 yr old Brock Nelson? If he thinks he's too good for the AHL next season, demands atrade, do the isles ask him for a list of teams he'd like to play for?
IMO, yup. if a guy looks me in the eye as a GM, and tells me he doesn't want to play on my team, he's gone. i'd say your hypotheticals are unlikely...but my point remains the same.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:13 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
Frattin + holzer/Finn/Percy
Counter proposal:Morgan O'Reilly for Kabanov+ Ness/Kitchon.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:16 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
IMO, yup. if a guy looks me in the eye as a GM, and tells me he doesn't want to play on my team, he's gone. i'd say your hypotheticals are unlikely...but my point remains the same.
And my point point remains unchanged. I don't want my gm bending to a prospect who feels entitled.

I don't have a problem with Nino, being unhappy about being in the AHL. I have a problem with Nino being too impatient to wait, for his next chance at an nhl spot.

I didn't care that Nabokov wanted to go to Detroit. I'm not moved by Vis sad faces and 20 yr old Nino, with no leverage, doesn't make me think move 'em.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:17 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper11 View Post
The Isles have a history of refusing to give into demands. So far it has worked out great with Nabokov, we will see about Visnovsky.
Hopefully someday negotiations between players and the Islanders can become more congenial and less like a hostage crisis.

I hate when guys demand a trade or refuse to report.

Last edited by Crede777: 01-22-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old
01-22-2013, 07:26 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

Quote:
Snow probably has interest in Eberle and Schultz, but because they are no where near ufa age, that does not mean much.

Same with Nino. Unless the new cba changed the ufa age, Nino's complaints aren't forcing Snow's hands.

Unlike the Turris situation, Nino is signed to a 3 yr deal. So, no worries about an offersheet. No teams applying subtle pressure.
Turris was signed and playing for Phoenix when he was traded. He had played several games for the Coyotes before the Ottawa deal was struck.

01-22-2013, 07:29 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Turris was signed and playing for Phoenix when he was traded. He had played several games for the Coyotes before the Ottawa deal was struck.
Didn't Turris hold out for a month or 2 before he signed? Nino doesn't have that option

Old
01-22-2013, 07:30 PM
HSF

I am thinking Zibanejad for Nino?

Similar upsides for both

Old
01-22-2013, 07:30 PM
derriko

vCash: 50
He was a 5th overall pick, and his stock has dropped since hes been incorrectly managed, and not developed great. I think a fair return would be Nino straight up for a 1st round pick in the 10-15 range. The Islanders get to cut ties and start anew with a new pick in a deep draft, and a team could take a chance on him if they lack offensive depth.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:31 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

Quote:
If 19 yr old Reinhart doesn't make next season's team, out of training camp and his agent demands a trade, do they trade him?

What about 20 yr old Brock Nelson? If he thinks he's too good for the AHL next season, demands atrade, do the isles ask him for a list of teams he'd like to play for?
I understand where you are coming from, as it is important to set a precedent about not being leveraged by members of your own franchise. That said, holding firm on Nabokov did not influence Visnovky, and towing a hard line with Visnovsky has not prevented Nino from making his demands. It could be that these precedents aren't all that effective.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:32 PM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
Didn't Turris hold out for a month or 2 before he signed? Nino doesn't have that option
Not really. Turris held out for a while before he signed a contract with Phoenix. He was with the team for a while before being traded. Turris was just as much under contract with Phoenix as Nino is with New York.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:33 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It could be that these precedents aren't all that effective.
Players have a problem with a lack of fairness. Nino absolutely should have at least been in camp. To not invite him is pretty insulting. Turris was never going to get a fair shake under Tippett, so he asked for a trade. If Nino thinks making the Islanders is something arbitrary and not attainable, he may as well ask to be moved.

Old
01-22-2013, 07:34 PM
RA9

Neidereitter
Nielsen
2nd 2013

for

Giordano

Flames get a young prospect for the Swiss connection (Baertschi), a solid C in Nielsen, and a pick.

the Isles get a #2 dman (#1 on their team), a solid leader and willing to do anything to win. Also very good on QB on the PP, he doesn't always get points, but he's solid at keeping it in and walking the line.

Closed Thread