HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Niskanen + Tangradi to Montreal

Old
01-22-2013, 09:12 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Niskanen + Tangradi to Montreal

What would Pittsburgh want or ask for from Montreal, for these 2 guys?

BigHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:14 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
Tangradi - you can have for two used pucks. Niskanen isn't going anywhere. He is a solid top two D-pairing guy that we can't replace. None of our young D-prospects that we have been hording are ready.

On second thought, if Edmonton fans can say Hemsky is worth Orpik, Kunitz or Sutter, maybe I wlll ask for Patches for Tangradi. The difference is I'm joking and they aren't.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 01-22-2013 at 09:21 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:22 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Brian Gionta.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Hottubber

Why don't pens keep adding and go after pk

Hottubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:28 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Niskanen impressed so much last year that he's playing on the 1st pair with Letang this season, and he's looking great.

So you can start with sending back a guy who can replace that.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hottubber View Post
Why don't pens keep adding and go after pk
pass on Subban. IMO, We need another 25-goal type non fragile Euro forward more.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:29 PM
mpp9

Yeah, we'd add to get Subban. Otherwise, na.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:33 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Hotel View Post
This is a pointless proposal. Tangradi is useless. We already have our share of 3rd/4th liners in Moen, Prust, Campbell, White, Blunden and Nokeleinen. What we need is Subban back, not Niskanen.

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:35 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Hard to see Niskanen being moved in a deal that isn't in a package for a better top four defender. He's playing on the first pairing and looks to fit Letang like a glove (makes sense considering the only time he looked good in Dallas was when he was with Zubov), he was our 2nd best defender last season, and he's just generally looking like the player he was supposed to be when he was drafted. The argument can be made that Niskanen is a better defenseman than Goligoski was at the time of the trade.

I'm not allergic to the idea of moving him down the road out of necessity, but we just can't have too green of a defensive unit if we want to win in the playoffs. Moving Niskanen means 2 of our regular 6 are going to be rookies.

Tangradi probably doesn't carry a whole ton of value right now. If he flames out of his trial on the 2nd line he could probably be had for a 3rd or 4th round draft pick.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:42 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

It`s not that I am Tangradi`s biggest fan (although seeing how generally down everyone is on him, I might just be), but if you want a top4 D and an okayish big forward out of PIT right now, there better be a better player than either of them coming back.
Neither of them is old enough nor is PIT in the right organisational place to deal first team players for packages of lesser stuff.
So, yeah, unless we are talking Patches or PK, talking doesn`t make much sense, even though the value may be fair.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:55 PM
FanHabtic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
It`s not that I am Tangradi`s biggest fan (although seeing how generally down everyone is on him, I might just be), but if you want a top4 D and an okayish big forward out of PIT right now, there better be a better player than either of them coming back.
Neither of them is old enough nor is PIT in the right organisational place to deal first team players for packages of lesser stuff.
So, yeah, unless we are talking Patches or PK, talking doesn`t make much sense, even though the value may be fair.
hahahahahahaha

FanHabtic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:01 PM
Flat Stanley

I wouldn't trade either of them.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:08 PM
Prairie Habs

A forward who wouldn't crack our starting lineup and a redundant defenseman? We'd be stupid not to trade a first line LW or number 1 dman for that!!

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 10:14 PM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Habs View Post
A forward who wouldn't crack our starting lineup and a redundant defenseman? We'd be stupid not to trade a first line LW or number 1 dman for that!!
I question why anyone would want Tangradi at this juncture, but the way Niskanen is playing, he would be one of your top blueliners without question. You have gaping holes in the lineup and have various needs, but I wouldn't poo-poo Niskanen. You make it sound like he is a run of the mill player.

That said, I don't see a match that you could give back if you wanted Niskanen.

Old
01-22-2013, 10:20 PM
Tender Rip
No cap on coaching!

Quote:
Considering the composition of your D, I agree Niskanen is not that valuable to the Habs. Many puckmovers there already.

To me this is an example of a thread where the mentioned players address few if any needs for Montreal, whereas they do currently have important roles with the Pens. Niskanen because he is now on the first pairing 5 on 5 and has played really, really well for over a year. Tangradi because he is on the 2nd line and is right now having his big chance to win a spot and be a cheap power forward for us. If he hasn't made something of that chance after 20 games or so, I am sure he will be traded at the deadline.

So, no beef with Habs fans not wanting to give up much, but from a Pittsburgh perspective, were they to be dealt, we would obviously need quality coming back considering their value for us.

Tender Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
I question why anyone would want Tangradi at this juncture, but the way Niskanen is playing, he would be one of your top blueliners without question. You have gaping holes in the lineup and have various needs, but I wouldn't poo-poo Niskanen. You make it sound like he is a run of the mill player.

That said, I don't see a match that you could give back if you wanted Niskanen.
Once Subban signs we will have:

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Diaz
Boullion - Weber

That may not be amazing or anything but the top 4 is rock solid and Niskanen wouldn't dislodge any of them. Diaz has been great in the first two games this year and I wouldn't make a lateral move for Niskanen when I know Diaz works in our system. I would take him over Kaberle/Boullion/Weber as our number 6 but he wouldn't make a good partner at all with Diaz and we already have way to many puckmovers anyway to consider moving assets for someone that would be so redundant.

If Orpik became available I would definitely be interested. No chance for another puckmover.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:39 AM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Pens will want a pretty decent winger for that package. Tangradi has fairly minimal value but Niskanen has really blossomed since coming over from Dallas. He currently plays on our top D pairing with Letang. Pens will not give him up easily.

Captain Hook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:01 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Once Subban signs we will have:

Gorges - Subban
Markov - Emelin
Kaberle - Diaz
Boullion - Weber

That may not be amazing or anything but the top 4 is rock solid and Niskanen wouldn't dislodge any of them. Diaz has been great in the first two games this year and I wouldn't make a lateral move for Niskanen when I know Diaz works in our system. I would take him over Kaberle/Boullion/Weber as our number 6 but he wouldn't make a good partner at all with Diaz and we already have way to many puckmovers anyway to consider moving assets for someone that would be so redundant.

If Orpik became available I would definitely be interested. No chance for another puckmover.

No offense, but you are fooling yourself if you don't think Niskanen can't dislodge at least two of those names you put down.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:20 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Tangradi - you can have for two used pucks. Niskanen isn't going anywhere. He is a solid top two D-pairing guy that we can't replace. None of our young D-prospects that we have been hording are ready.

On second thought, if Edmonton fans can say Hemsky is worth Orpik, Kunitz or Sutter, maybe I wlll ask for Patches for Tangradi. The difference is I'm joking and they aren't.
I'm not an Oilers fan and I think Hemsky is easily worth those guys, I don't think the Penguins would or should make that deal because it would create a hole on the team, but the value is there.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:25 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
No offense, but you are fooling yourself if you don't think Niskanen can't dislodge at least two of those names you put down.
I'm not a Habs fan either and I think the only guy who Niskanen possibly beats out of those top 4 is Emelin, and that is only a maybe. There is no way that Niskanen is better than Markov, Subban or Gorges, no way and I hate the Habs, there is no homerism going on here.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:07 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I'm not a Habs fan either and I think the only guy who Niskanen possibly beats out of those top 4 is Emelin, and that is only a maybe. There is no way that Niskanen is better than Markov, Subban or Gorges, no way and I hate the Habs, there is no homerism going on here.
He was saying he wouldn't dislodge any of the top six. He is better than Emelin, Kaberle and Diaz. A healthy Markov, probably not, but lets face facts, Markov is an injury waiting to happen - like Hemsky.

Old
01-23-2013, 07:10 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
I'm not an Oilers fan and I think Hemsky is easily worth those guys, I don't think the Penguins would or should make that deal because it would create a hole on the team, but the value is there.
You are sadly mistaken if you think Hemsky is worth any of those three. Exactly, it creates a hole. Why? Because Hemsky DOESN'T bring to the table ANYTHING that Sutter, Orpik or Kunitz bring. You have no idea what you get out of Hemsky. He is an enigma. To me, there isn't much value in a fragile Euro who makes 5 million per year, is lucky to get close to 40 points and play 50 games. That is a draft pick and a B or C prospect. Every GM in the league absent Edmonton's knows this and that is why Edmonton still has him after trying to get rid of him the last two trade deadlines. Agree to disagree

Last edited by OCPenguin: 01-23-2013 at 07:16 AM.
Old
01-23-2013, 08:26 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

We don't need Tangradi and have plenty of D as well. Don't see this happening for either team and isn't Tangradi finally getting his chance in Pittsburgh?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:29 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
We don't need Tangradi and have plenty of D as well. Don't see this happening for either team and isn't Tangradi finally getting his chance in Pittsburgh?
Right now, no one needs Tangradi. He is out of place in Pittsburgh and its pretty sad ... a young, 6-4, 235 pound power forward can't seem to do much when he is paired with Malkin. I think his experiment in Pittsburgh might be coming to a close soon. Besides, Niskanen isn't going anywhere. You might not need him, but I don't think Montreal has the goods to get him either. There isn't a match.

Old
01-23-2013, 08:35 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Right now, no one needs Tangradi. He is out of place in Pittsburgh and its pretty sad ... a young, 6-4, 235 pound power forward can't seem to do much when he is paired with Malkin. I think his experiment in Pittsburgh might be coming to a close soon. Besides, Niskanen isn't going anywhere. You might not need him, but I don't think Montreal has the goods to get him either. There isn't a match.
? What would you be looking for in a trade for Niskanen

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote