HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis-San Jose

Old
01-23-2013, 08:49 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

vCash: 50
St. Louis-San Jose

Just out of curiosity.

Joe Pavelski

David Perron
Matt D'Agostini

Lines

Steen-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Pavelski-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Berglund-Stewart
Sobotka-Nichol-Reaves
Langenbrunner

Marleau-Thornton-Perron
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Galiardi-Handzus-D'Agostini
McLaren-Desjardins-Wingels
Burish

Blues get a center who can put Steen back on the winger and is an upgrade on Berglund. Sharks get a top line winger who has (imo) a higher offensive ceiling than Pavelski and a top 9 winger that can play top 6 if needed in D'Agostini.

First trade offer on here so go easy please

Dolph Ziggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:52 AM
SJSharks39

vCash: 500
It's really not that bad. But, the verstility of Pavelski makes him worth more to the Sharks than most teams would be willing to trade. I think Pavs ablity to play Center and Winger will really come in handy this year, also with Gomez signing thats going to happen, with are in a great position to make a playoff run.

SJSharks39 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:54 AM
LEAFMAN99

I would say that the value appears to be there, but I would have to say the sharks probably dont do it, as I doubt they deal Pavelski unless its for a fairly significant overpayment.

LEAFMAN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:00 AM
tlallstar6

vCash: 1312
Send a message via AIM to tlallstar6
Solid deal, but like those before me I doubt the Sharks agree to this.

tlallstar6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Is there something that could be added to the two players above that would get it done?

Old
01-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Arrch

Value isn't bad.

More roster turnover in a shortened season doesn't make sense unless the lack of scoring depth starts losing games for us, so I would decline right now.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:14 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Is there something that could be added to the two players above that would get it done?
I kinda doubt it. I'd love to get Pavelski on the Blues, but I don't think the Sharks are really willing to part with him.

As others say, value is probably close, but with both teams wanting to compete for the Cup this year and next, I doubt anything between these two teams goes down.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Alklha

Repeating what has been said, the value is good, but the Sharks don't need to mess with anything yet. In a few weeks that might change if their scoring has dried up.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:12 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
It's definitely a decent offer. I like Perron and I think he'd be perfect on Jumbo's wing (cue the elbow jokes ). But at the same time, Pavelski is a Selke caliber defensive player, just so versatile and still a quality offensive player.

I guess one of the issues is that we don't know if D'Agostini will rebound. He's had success in the past, but I don't follow the Blues closely enough to speculate why or how.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:18 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
Quote:
Just out of curiosity.
Blues get a center who can put Steen back on the winger and is an upgrade on Berglund.
I don't see a scenario where the Blues move Steen back to the wing right now. The McDonald-Steen-Tarasenko line has been the team's best so far. I also like the depth and versatility D'Agostini brings to the team. Value is good though, but right now seems like change for the sake of change.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:21 PM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Meh, I don't see this happening either.

JustOneB4IDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:23 PM
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
D'agostini hasn't received any top 9 time with the emergence of Tarasenko and Schwartz. He can fill in for an injured top line winger rather easily with his shot and speed. He'd probably hit over 20 if he was with Thornton in a full year, so that's a good guy to have on an offensive third line. He has a rocket of a shot that would be deadly with San Jose's passers on the powerplay...There's just no chance he outplays Tarasenko, who could very well hit 20 this season if he can keep creating chances.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
SteenMachine

I'd be wary to move Perron until Schwartz solidifies himself as an NHL top 6 player, mostly because McDonald is always at risk for injury, and just might not re-sign for one reason or another.

If I was looking from SJ's perspective, Perron would have to become much more consistent on one side of the puck or the other before Pavelski could become available in a deal for him.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
It's definitely a decent offer. I like Perron and I think he'd be perfect on Jumbo's wing (cue the elbow jokes ). But at the same time, Pavelski is a Selke caliber defensive player, just so versatile and still a quality offensive player.

I guess one of the issues is that we don't know if D'Agostini will rebound. He's had success in the past, but I don't follow the Blues closely enough to speculate why or how.
I'd say part of D'Agostini's issues are with maintaining confidence, his shot is only as effective as he's willing to make it. If he's sticking to the perimeter or trying to beat guys on the outside he never really gets a good release and tends to shoot high or wide enough to miss the net or make it easy for the goalie to handle.

He could definitely benefit from being in a system where he just needs to find open ice and release after a good pass to him, but so can a lot of wingers and that's why he gets bumped down the depth chart. If he's not shooting he's not helping out much.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:35 PM
DrVanntastic

vCash: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
I'd say part of D'Agostini's issues are with maintaining confidence, his shot is only as effective as he's willing to make it. If he's sticking to the perimeter or trying to beat guys on the outside he never really gets a good release and tends to shoot high or wide enough to miss the net or make it easy for the goalie to handle.

He could definitely benefit from being in a system where he just needs to find open ice and release after a good pass to him, but so can a lot of wingers and that's why he gets bumped down the depth chart. If he's not shooting he's not helping out much.
Normally I would agree with this, but he actually looked pretty good on the fourth line against Chicago last night. Did a good job forechecking, tried to throw hits, forcing the play into Chicago's zone... you could tell he was trying to show he deserved more ice time.

DrVanntastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteman View Post
Normally I would agree with this, but he actually looked pretty good on the fourth line against Chicago last night. Did a good job forechecking, tried to throw hits, forcing the play into Chicago's zone... you could tell he was trying to show he deserved more ice time.
Yeah he does deserve some credit for trying to adapt to his role, it's just not one of his strengths on the ice and he's the definition of a fringe player between the top and bottom 6 roles.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:44 PM
anthonyyy

vCash: 1004
Any chance of Oshie instead of Perron? Sharks don't have too many forwards that can get in on the forecheck and hit people since they traded Setoguchi.

anthonyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 01:30 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Oshie for Pavelski?

......eesh. I would probably do it, but it would be very very reluctantly.

The idea of breaking up Bashie (Backes & Oshie) is difficult to do. Favorite players by far lol

Old
01-23-2013, 01:33 PM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Oshie for Pavelski?

......eesh. I would probably do it, but it would be very very reluctantly.

The idea of breaking up Bashie (Backes & Oshie) is difficult to do. Favorite players by far lol
I see Pavelski and Oshie as nearly identical players, except Pav is a natural center and Oshie's a winger in the NHL, and Pav is a bit better offensively, and Oshie is more physical. Both are great possession players who are elite defensively and can either shoot or pass, and aren't the best of skaters.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Joey Bones

Not Bad.

I think I would do Pavelski for Perron straight up, but pretty solid.

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:45 PM
CBJenga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Not Bad.

I think I would do Pavelski for Perron straight up, but pretty solid.
Sharks wouldn't, so I must assume you are a Blues fan, or at the very least, anti-sharks.

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Pavelski is going nowhere.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:53 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

No we can't do the OP. Value is close but Pavelski is more valuable to us than Perron would be. Oshie is more intriguing though.

Do Blues fans think it is possible to do something around Murray+ for Steen?

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 03:55 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
No we can't do the OP. Value is close but Pavelski is more valuable to us than Perron would be. Oshie is more intriguing though.

Do Blues fans think it is possible to do something around Murray+ for Steen?
No, Murray doesn't fill a need and Steen is too important because of his versatility.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:17 PM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I see Pavelski and Oshie as nearly identical players, except Pav is a natural center and Oshie's a winger in the NHL, and Pav is a bit better offensively, and Oshie is more physical. Both are great possession players who are elite defensively and can either shoot or pass, and aren't the best of skaters.
Yeah I agree with this assessment. Pavelski is one of my favorite players in the league and I get why he's untouchable (or at least very difficult to acquire).

I'd like to be able to acquire Pavs w/o trading Oshie but it doesn't seem possible.

Is Clowe not similar to Oshie though? I would have thought a higher end offensive player like Perron is more what was needed more than a guy like Oshie.