HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

2013 AHL All Star Game

Old
01-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Hartford Hockey

vCash: 500
2013 AHL All Star Game

Can someone please tell me why there has been no voting for this? Is the AHL just going to select whoever they want for the event this year? The only thing I can think of is that the league was banking on the NHL locking out for the entire season and just inviting all of the "would be NHLers" regardless of their stats so that you would get a Chris Kreider instead of a Kris Newbury.

Hartford Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2013, 11:11 PM
Rumblick

NHL lockout probably had everything to do with it. Maybe Andrews was told by his bosses that the NHL would be coming back and that watching 70% of the selections heading to the NHL wouldn't be good for business.

Rumblick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2013, 01:03 PM
joe89

Bit of a tough spot considering the NHL opening lineups are set the 18th or 19th and the ASG weekend is 27-28th.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2013, 11:27 PM
Hockeyfever

All star rosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartford Hockey View Post
Can someone please tell me why there has been no voting for this? Is the AHL just going to select whoever they want for the event this year? The only thing I can think of is that the league was banking on the NHL locking out for the entire season and just inviting all of the "would be NHLers" regardless of their stats so that you would get a Chris Kreider instead of a Kris Newbury.
I just read on the AHL website that the playing rosters for the AHL All Star game will be announced this week. It didn't give a date. Anyone hear anything about how the rosters are being selected?

Hockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote