HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > The Lounge
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Lounge "...Where the parking lot of the Igloo meets the concourse of the Nassau County Coliseum and the bathroom line of the Skyreach..." - Wickedbsfan

valentines day

Old
01-23-2013, 04:10 PM
OilerNut*

vCash: 500
McDonald's

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
RayP

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerNut View Post
McDonald's
White Castle and Waffle House HOST Valentine's Day dinner. McDonald's aint got nuthin on them. They even bust out tablecloths for the special occasion.

RayP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 04:41 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
When i saw the thread title, this is what i thought of...and it only took 5 posts...lol

The Big Giant Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
awfulwaffle

Yeah, not sure what Post 95 means either, don't care. I'm guessing it's something really stupid.

Anyways, here is what I did for my lady a couple years back for Valentine's Day:

We went to an observatory, looked through telescopes at Mars, and a bunch of star systems. Then, we went to dinner. But after, I got help from her roomate ahead of time, and bought a bunch of red balloons, as well as some red cardboard paper. I tore up the cardboard paper into tiny pieces, and on each piece I wrote 1 word of what reminded me of her, what I thought about her, her traits, etc.(all nice things obviously). I put one in in a balloon, and blew the balloon up. Her roommate just threw them all over her room, and they were there when we got back to her place just to cuddle/watch a movie. I would get some like red rose petals too and toss them around all over the room, maybe light some candles(add to the effect). Also, get her her favorite flower if you know this, not the cliche red roses and ****.

She loved it. She told me she kept them by her bed and would lay down and read them some nights.

awfulwaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:14 PM
kducks
Duck Off

vCash: 3149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mann View Post
Valentine's Day sucks.
Do you like anything in life?

kducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Dustin Peener
HF Top 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
What did/does post 95 mean?
Scroll down to post #95

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=542687&page=4

- ixcuincle
Dustin Peener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
McDonald's

Why wine and dine when two can eat for 6.99?

Apaharn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:36 PM
Francesa

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:40 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kducks View Post
Do you like anything in life?
I really enjoy a good pair of slacks.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
OilerNut*

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Yeah, not sure what Post 95 means either, don't care. I'm guessing it's something really stupid.

Anyways, here is what I did for my lady a couple years back for Valentine's Day:

We went to an observatory, looked through telescopes at Mars, and a bunch of star systems. Then, we went to dinner. But after, I got help from her roomate ahead of time, and bought a bunch of red balloons, as well as some red cardboard paper. I tore up the cardboard paper into tiny pieces, and on each piece I wrote 1 word of what reminded me of her, what I thought about her, her traits, etc.(all nice things obviously). I put one in in a balloon, and blew the balloon up. Her roommate just threw them all over her room, and they were there when we got back to her place just to cuddle/watch a movie. I would get some like red rose petals too and toss them around all over the room, maybe light some candles(add to the effect). Also, get her her favorite flower if you know this, not the cliche red roses and ****.

She loved it. She told me she kept them by her bed and would lay down and read them some nights.
And what did she do for you? I hate how valentines day is so one sided.

OilerNut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 08:04 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post

that's funny...i did the same thing with one of my girlfriends a few years ago only with roses. i made the little pieces of paper and the 1 word thing then tied strings to them and then took them to the flower shop. they tied it all up together and delivered them to her at work...worked out pretty well for my evening

Old
01-23-2013, 08:07 PM
The Big Giant Head

Quote:
And what did she do for you? I hate how valentines day is so one sided.
Laid....thats probably what he got back...i mean isnt that the point?

Old
01-23-2013, 09:10 PM
Orr123

Honestly, Valentine's day is a bit of a waste of money.

Last year for Valentine's day, I took my husband to the Sundin honouring thingy. And got a hotel for the weekend. It was great, and not really planned to be for Valentine's day, but happened to be the same weekend, so we took advantage.

Generally for Valentines day, I make food, we have sex... and call it a day. Just like most others.

Orr123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 09:31 PM
MrFunnyWobbl
Why?

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to MrFunnyWobbl
Corporate holiday

MrFunnyWobbl is offline   Reply With Quote