HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Sharks still undefeated! Capitals last to win!

Old
02-01-2013, 12:34 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAnnala View Post
What do you mean? Unofficially? Well, i disagree. I think that unofficially Shark's have won 9 games already.
The shootout is a fun way to break a draw in OT for the regular season(which I enjoy), but I don't think it's a fair way to determine which team is better, on the basis of three shooters from the entire team.

Although I think I've just gotten off-topic. My main point was that the Hawks and Sharks have yet to face off, and that will be the true test to see who's better. But that doesn't really have to do with the thread, which is who has the longest streak...so..yeah.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:37 AM
Leidi J

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
The shootout is a fun way to break a draw in OT for the regular season(which I enjoy), but I don't think it's a fair way to determine which team is better, on the basis of three shooters from the entire team.

Although I think I've just gotten off-topic. My main point was that the Hawks and Sharks have yet to face off, and that will be the true test to see who's better. But that doesn't really have to do with the thread, which is who has the longest streak...so..yeah.
even that game i don't think will be a be all end all judge. the sharks will be coming off travel to play chicago in a back to back.

maybe the sharks win anyways. maybe they get dominated and it's obvious that the blackhawks are better. but i don't think a loss in and of itself says much. we'll see how the game goes. should be exciting either way.

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:40 AM
SHAR KS
3-0

vCash: 50
Quote:

No one said the Sharks are better? Even when they play on the 5th that game wont determine who is better. The Sharks & Hawks are the best teams right now and let's just leave it at that.

Edit : Oh and also the Blues, they are very good.

Last edited by SHAR KS: 02-01-2013 at 12:45 AM.
SHAR KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 AM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Sharks got lucky as hell.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:42 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Posey View Post
No one said the Sharks are better? Even when they play on the 5th that game wont determine who is better. The Sharks & Hawks are the best teams right now and let's just leave it at that.
Agreed. Which is why I sort of trailed off at the end there.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:43 AM
pahlsson

Quote:
Meh, both went to shootouts, but the Sharks have it officially.

Unofficially though I don't think the record puts them over the Hawks. The best way to solve this is for them to just play a game against each other. Circle February 5th on your calendar.
"officially" lol, you're taking this way too seriously

pahlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:50 AM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Sharks are horrible. The other teams are just mailing it in to make the sharks' players feel better about themselves

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:55 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Agreed. I don't think Shootout should ever decide a win. But it does, so we just kind of have to live with it. Shark's have been twice in the shootout in a row and won the both time. So technically few years back they would have won 5 in a row and Chicago would have won 6? Amirite?

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 12:57 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Sharks are horrible. The other teams are just mailing it in to make the sharks' players feel better about themselves
I don't know. I have watched the last two games from them. They have not dominated but managed to pull off the win's. I don't think they suck but i do think they have had a lot of luck and it will even out in the end of the season.

But they definitely are a playoff team. Niemi has looked a lot more stellar than i have ever seen.

Old
02-01-2013, 12:58 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
they're saving it for the playoffs

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:36 AM
Phu

Quote:
I don't know. I have watched the last two games from them. They have not dominated but managed to pull off the win's. I don't think they suck but i do think they have had a lot of luck and it will even out in the end of the season.
Sharks fans know the idea of luck evening out in a season is ********. We'll take every bit of luck we can get and run with it.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 01:49 AM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

You guys are all crazy. The Sharks suck so bad and have been winning games because the other teams let them because they felt bad for SJ.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 02:15 AM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafoofoo View Post
You guys are all crazy. The Sharks suck so bad and have been winning games because the other teams let them because they felt bad for SJ.
Yeah. One again, no goals by Marleau, who has been absent all season. This team, if we make it to the playoffs, will be one-and-done, thanks to Niemi's craptastic netminding. The only record we might break is PIM for the season by Ryane Clowe.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:15 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Sharks fans know the idea of luck evening out in a season is ********. We'll take every bit of luck we can get and run with it.
What do you mean? You guys have had some bad luck before or what?

Old
02-01-2013, 03:24 AM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Quote:
What do you mean? You guys have had some bad luck before or what?
A wierd bounce off a stanchion that helped score the game winner in the WCF... If that's not some bad luck i dont know what is.

ThorNton Apologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2013, 03:43 AM
TAnnala
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAllstar10 View Post
A wierd bounce off a stanchion that helped score the game winner in the WCF... If that's not some bad luck i dont know what is.
Oh right, yeah. Sorry I forgot....not really. Just wanted to rub it in a bit.

Bieksa was the only to see the puck. just watched the video again. Man that had to be tough for a fan.

Old
02-01-2013, 03:46 AM
Leidi J

Quote:
Oh right, yeah. Sorry I forgot....not really. Just wanted to rub it in a bit.

Bieksa was the only to see the puck. just watched the video again. Man that had to be tough for a fan.
it wasn't even that that was the worst for me as a fan. weird stuff like that happens all the time, that's how it goes.

no, it was the AWFUL icing call before that from the terrible refs that blew my lid. that puck was touched, GET SOME GLASSES REFS.

/end rant

i'm over it.

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote