HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team News, Player Discussion - Part IV)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-28-2013, 11:21 AM
  #501
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!
 
Scottyk9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: East Rutherford, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 25,071
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Lamoriello on Tedenby: "He's trying so hard. He's got to settle down, go to Albany and get his game under control."

Doesn't sound like Lou plans on giving up on him anytime soon.

Scottyk9 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
  #502
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 17,116
vCash: 500
While he hasn't been good, they've jerked him around plenty which explains why he's so on edge

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
  #503
NJDevs26
Moderator
Status quo
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 22,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
It would've sounded crazy to say we were getting Kovalchuk. Lets not rule it out. Also I'm glad Tedenby is down he's just not good.
Kovy was - blackballed is too strong a word, but there was certainly a heavy bias against him at the time. Look at how Chico of all people ripped him on the air. That's why we were able to get Kovy in trade for below market, and why nobody else was in our ballpark in terms of money during UFA.

No such bias exists against Perry, he's a good ol' Canadian boy after all!

NJDevs26 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:24 AM
  #504
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Trap View Post
Perry for Tallinder Merrill Tedenby 1st 3rd
I can dream, right ?
Not giving up a roster player, our top prospect, a first rounder, AND two more assets for a rental.

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:25 AM
  #505
SteveCangialosi123
Registered User
 
SteveCangialosi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Lamoriello on Tedenby: "He's trying so hard. He's got to settle down, go to Albany and get his game under control."

Doesn't sound like Lou plans on giving up on him anytime soon.
What do you want him to say? "He stinks. He's not an NHL player, and we're actively looking to dump him."

SteveCangialosi123 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:26 AM
  #506
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party
 
Chessarmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,478
vCash: 500
Not sure how we're getting Perry when the Ducks are a competitive team that could make the playoffs this year. The Thrashers were not going to be in the hunt the year they traded Kovalchuk - plus it was obvious he wanted out.

Even if Perry is traded, who would the Devils give up? They're going to ask for Larsson or Henrique in return. If the Ducks want to stay competitive, they're not trading Perry for a broken forward like Tedenby and a mid pairing D-man.

Chessarmy is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:26 AM
  #507
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
When is the last time the Devils landed a high profile UFA that wasn't their own? We're not getting Perry.
That's an obvious point but I l feel he would fit this system perfectly and you never know maybe he wants to be part of the system I can dream right haha?

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:27 AM
  #508
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 500
alled.

Don't know how he's in doing Albany, but how about giving Hoffell a shot, he has size, speed and I hear he has a bit of an edge, don't really like Barch or whatever he's called.

Brooklyndevil is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:30 AM
  #509
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Don't know how he's in doing Albany, but how about giving Hoffell a shot, he has size, speed and I hear he has a bit of an edge, don't really like Barch or whatever he's called.
He may be the only power forward that doesn't hit anyone at least the 2 games I went to he's nothing special but maybe could get a look.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:30 AM
  #510
MadDog172430
Sal Apologist
 
MadDog172430's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,722
vCash: 500
Bobby Butler, come on down!

MadDog172430 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:31 AM
  #511
Unknown Caller
Registered User
 
Unknown Caller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Notre Dame, IN
Country: United States
Posts: 3,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessarmy View Post
Not sure how we're getting Perry when the Ducks are a competitive team that could make the playoffs this year. The Thrashers were not going to be in the hunt the year they traded Kovalchuk - plus it was obvious he wanted out.

Even if Perry is traded, who would the Devils give up? They're going to ask for Larsson or Henrique in return. If the Ducks want to stay competitive, they're not trading Perry for a broken forward like Tedenby and a mid pairing D-man.
Our issue is that we don't have a 1st to deal because of the forfeited pick. If we did I could see something like Merrill, Boucher, 1st.

Unknown Caller is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
  #512
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering
 
manilaNJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
When is the last time the Devils landed a high profile UFA that wasn't their own? We're not getting Perry.
Doesn't mean it can't happen. Don't have a shot in hell at trading for him... but, and I don't feel this way often, I think if he hits UFA, we have a pretty good shot.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
Rich Chere ‏@Ledger_NJDevils
Lamoriello on Tedenby: "He's trying so hard. He's got to settle down, go to Albany and get his game under control."

Doesn't sound like Lou plans on giving up on him anytime soon.
Or trying to increase his trade value. At least to the point where he can help with some AHL's squad offense. He really hasn't brought much in terms of on ice product or trade value... Lou's gotta do something to get some value somewhere out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
While he hasn't been good, they've jerked him around plenty which explains why he's so on edge
I'm on both sides of this issue.. I feel Tedenby required some more patience throughout the duration of his career so far with the Devils. On the otherhand, both seasons under DeBoer have began with rough starts and the team playing on its heels more often than not.

Tight 2-1 games or where you're preserving a shutout for Marty or coming back from a 2 goal deficit, you don't have a lot of breathing room to experiment for too long.

It's unfair to Tedenby, but in the end, the team needed to win games.

manilaNJ is online now  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:34 AM
  #513
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCangialosi123 View Post
It would've sounded crazy to say we were getting Kovalchuk. Lets not rule it out. Also I'm glad Tedenby is down he's just not good.
Kovy was clearly not resigning in ATL and was put on the block by a terrible GM. We were also a top team in the NHL coming off several unfulfilling postseasons.

Perry could sign in ANA, isn't on necessarily on the block yet. We just came off a finals appearance, we don't need a top forward as much as we need depth, and we also have to forfeit a 1st rounder so it's a lot harder to trade one.

I really can't see us landing Perry. If he leaves ANA, I can see him going to Ottawa.

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:35 AM
  #514
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
Our issue is that we don't have a 1st to deal because of the forfeited pick. If we did I could see something like Merrill, Boucher, 1st.
We do have a 1st for a deal. We do NOT have a 1st/3rd for offer sheeting Subban.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:35 AM
  #515
njdevil26
Registered User
 
njdevil26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Clark, NJ
Country: Italy
Posts: 6,660
vCash: 500
Waiting for the oncoming Lou Lams special:

Who the fans want called up: Bobby Butler

Who Lou actually calls up: Tim Sestito

njdevil26 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
  #516
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
It also depends on where Anaheim is in the standings as others have said but if he does make it clear he isn't coming back it's not too far fetched from the Kovy scenario sure being a playoff team is a factor but if he won't resign that may not matter to them.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
  #517
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Doesn't mean it can't happen. Don't have a shot in hell at trading for him... but, and I don't feel this way often, I think if he hits UFA, we have a pretty good shot.
Out of curiosity, what makes you think we have a shot? Technically all 30 teams have a shot. What makes us one of the more attractive options?

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:36 AM
  #518
njdevilsownnhl*
 
njdevilsownnhl*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 822
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to njdevilsownnhl*
It's time for Tedenby to take off the dress and step up. Nobody is going to baby him

njdevilsownnhl* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
  #519
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne
 
Brooklyndevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brooklyn, NY USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
He may be the only power forward that doesn't hit anyone at least the 2 games I went to he's nothing special but maybe could get a look.
Thanks. They have that other kid who played with Merrill in Michigan, forgot his name. Maybe they give him a look.

Brooklyndevil is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
  #520
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
Waiting for the oncoming Lou Lams special:

Who the fans want called up: Bobby Butler

Who Lou actually calls up: Tim Sestito
Who Lou actually calls up: Jay Leach

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:37 AM
  #521
Jack Griffin
Registered User
 
Jack Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Butler is the only player in which we'd have to wait to recall since he's playing in the AHL All Star game. Anyone else probably would have been recalled right away.

Jack Griffin is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:38 AM
  #522
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays
 
njdevilsjds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,641
vCash: 500
I am with Manila on this if he hits Unrestricted Free Agency the Devils definitely have a chance to be a team in the running for him.

njdevilsjds is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:39 AM
  #523
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Thanks. They have that other kid who played with Merrill in Michigan, forgot his name. Maybe they give him a look.
Brandon Burlon

apice3* is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
  #524
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Richey View Post
Butler is the only player in which we'd have to wait to recall since he's playing in the AHL All Star game. Anyone else probably would have been recalled right away.
Yep, it`s going to be him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Out of curiosity, what makes you think we have a shot? Technically all 30 teams have a shot. What makes us one of the more attractive options?
Consistently being one of the best teams in the conference isn`t enough?

Smaller market.
Not a rival.
System he`d fit in.

There`s more. Manila said we have a good shot, he wasn`t specific.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
  #525
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
There is no way Merrill is available in a deal for a rental. Cormier may have been our top prospect at the time of the Kovy deal, but our depth than was awful. Merrill is the top player of a solid group. Maybe Urbom, Burlon, even Gelinas, but no way Merrill is dealt for an unsigned player.

apice3* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.