HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

St. Louis-San Jose

Old
01-23-2013, 05:05 PM
BlueBeard

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
No we can't do the OP. Value is close but Pavelski is more valuable to us than Perron would be. Oshie is more intriguing though.

Do Blues fans think it is possible to do something around Murray+ for Steen?
It would have to be something around Vlasic or Pavs if Steen was going to SJ. If those guys aren't on the block well then hey I fully understand. Steen is a Swiss Army Knife type of player, like Backes and Oshie, that we just can't deal unless it means we fill a key role in return. Murray + a pick/prospect just isn't that sort of return. Steen is looking good at center so far(small sample size I know), he's an excellent two way winger, can play forward or the point on the PP, can PK quite well, and has chemistry up and down the lineup. Sure, the point totals aren't super sexy but when you look at the roles you can use him in and that he still puts up points at a decent rate well it's kinda hard to get rid of him.

BlueBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:38 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Yeah I agree with this assessment. Pavelski is one of my favorite players in the league and I get why he's untouchable (or at least very difficult to acquire).

I'd like to be able to acquire Pavs w/o trading Oshie but it doesn't seem possible.

Is Clowe not similar to Oshie though? I would have thought a higher end offensive player like Perron is more what was needed more than a guy like Oshie.
Clowe is only similar to Oshie in the sense that he's physical. Clowe is distinctly below average defensively and is prone to horrid turnovers. Combine those two traits with below average skating and he's just not a good fit for us.

I want to say I think he's going to rebound, and maybe he will, but so far he's looked really bad. To give you an idea, his linemates, Couture and Havlat, were like +5 or +6 in scoring chances against the Oilers, and Clowe was -1 by the same measure. The even strength goal that the second line scored was when Galiardi was skating with Couture and Havlat, and Galiardi made a nice play to set up the shot that Clowe wouldn't have been able to make.

I know the Sharks org is trying to re-sign him, but I don't even know if I want us to. I'd rather trade him now while he has a little value.

The Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski line is just so, so bloody good at every single aspect of hockey, it would physically pain me to break it apart, even for a great player like Perron.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote