HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks win 3-2: Cory Schneider's jersey crest is great in the shootout.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:39 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svensational View Post
Why blame it on the age?

Selanne is 7 years older and I can tell you that so far this season he has played pretty darn well. I know Iginla can be amazing. You guys think that I am against Iginla as a player, but I am frustrated with the effort I see in some games, especially first 2 games of the season.
I am asking specifically about tonight, are you frustrated with Iginla's effort?

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:51 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 137
Quote:
Why blame it on the age?

Selanne is 7 years older and I can tell you that so far this season he has played pretty darn well. I know Iginla can be amazing. You guys think that I am against Iginla as a player, but I am frustrated with the effort I see in some games, especially first 2 games of the season.
Salanne is the exception. Not the rule (he was also invisible vs us). Also, the only other thing I took from your post is "2 games". Calm down. He played as good as I expected tonight, actually even better since I didn't and don't expect a whole lot until at least a couple weeks in.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I am asking specifically about tonight, are you frustrated with Iginla's effort?
Frustrated with his finishing and like I said besides a few moments in the game, he didn't really impress me. In a 48 game season, Iginla can't afford to start playing at his best after 20 games.

The only guy that stood on his head tonight was Kipper. Wideman I found was more stable with the puck this game as well. In the end, if it wasn't for Kipper I don't think this game would have gone to extra point. My last point on Iginla is that I know he can play with more effort and I believe Saturday we will see that.

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Trae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
3-2 Vancouver OT
Sigh

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:56 AM
DBU
Hoss Creek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Sigh

Don't you just hate that?

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Svensational
THANK YOU IGGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurfin View Post
Salanne is the exception. Not the rule (he was also invisible vs us). Also, the only other thing I took from your post is "2 games". Calm down. He played as good as I expected tonight, actually even better since I didn't and don't expect a whole lot until at least a couple weeks in.
This is the bad Flames fan mentality. Being satisfied with Iginla playing well after a month. Do you not understand that every game this season is pretty much 2 games in a regular season? Iginla has lead this team in points for last decade with the exception of 1 season IIRC. The Flames can't afford to have him have a slow start this season. ( and I don't mean two games. I mean his usual 2-4 week delay)

Svensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 12:58 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
This the full rebuild is coming whether the owners admit it or not, as long as we don't trade first round picks or any more seconds and continue to draft well then I don't see why we can't let Feaster continue to try and make the playoffs.
I'm fine with Feaster trying to make the playoffs while improving the drafting and development process so long as the organization isn't blind to the realities of the team's position in the standings and chances of success.

If the Flames are out of it by the trade deadline, they should move what players they can to accumulate as many draft picks or prospects as possible. Sticking to their guns in the hopes of miracle run is horrible way to run a franchise. In this case, Ottawa's the team that the Flames should look to mimic. When they were out of it, they sold. They got a high pick in the draft, but that didn't stop them from signings vets like Gonchar and trying to compete. And with a retooled roster, they were able to make the playoffs.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:16 AM
WhereIsIt
alongtheboards

vCash: 1456
Sucks to lose that game but it could have gone either way. Onto the next one.

WhereIsIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:17 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 137
Quote:
This is the bad Flames fan mentality. Being satisfied with Iginla playing well after a month. Do you not understand that every game this season is pretty much 2 games in a regular season? Iginla has lead this team in points for last decade with the exception of 1 season IIRC. The Flames can't afford to have him have a slow start this season. ( and I don't mean two games. I mean his usual 2-4 week delay)
Like I said, what else can you expect? He's 35, didn't play at all during the lockout, no training camp and just played 3 games in 4 nights. Considering all that he looked pretty damn good tonight

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:18 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

How much are you guys going to hate Kassian? Serious question. I can see a lot of Flames fans hating him down the road.

The Kassian Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:25 AM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
How much are you guys going to hate Kassian? Serious question. I can see a lot of Flames fans hating him down the road.
About as much as Canucks fans are going to hate Baertschi.

Calculon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:25 AM
SedinFan*

Send a message via MSN to SedinFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
If they aren't making a playoff run then Iggy should go or it is going to a Toronto like rebuild.
This.

SedinFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

The Nucks hate for Sven will be greater than ours for Kassian. I think he's a fringe top 6 player at best. I see Rene Bourque/Chris Stewart written all over him with a little more nastiness. Sven will be scoring much more and that will ultimately sting more.

Sucks we lost, but this was our most complete game of the season. I expect a win next game with Hulder and Roman in the lineup.

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:47 AM
Hand of Gaudreau
Gaudreaubey Baker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
Nope he fits right in with the likes of burrows and Lapierre, people hate them not because of the score board but because they have no respect for the game or it's players, Kassian should take a look at what the repricussions could be to his own team/goalie next time he decides to take a run at someone else's, teams won't retaliate by going after him... Like I was saying he fits the Canuck mould perfectly, fans around the league don't hate the Canucks because they're good, they hate them because they're *****, and the fan doesn't fall far from the tree, see Van City Riot 2011

Hand of Gaudreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Orca Smash

Anyway the reason I came here was to ask how come cervenka has not been playing?

Will be interesting in the future, you guys will have cervanka hudler, and we should have kesler, booth back.

Last edited by Orca Smash: 01-24-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:15 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyTheKid View Post
Nope he fits right in with the likes of burrows and Lapierre, people hate them not because of the score board but because they have no respect for the game or it's players, Kassian should take a look at what the repricussions could be to his own team/goalie next time he decides to take a run at someone else's, teams won't retaliate by going after him... Like I was saying he fits the Canuck mould perfectly, fans around the league don't hate the Canucks because they're good, they hate them because they're *****, and the fan doesn't fall far from the tree, see Van City Riot 2011
I didn't mean the question as a rub in the face to Flames fans, but to be honest you figure that people (and this is in no shot at you) but people really need to come up with new material. Just like how people failed to realize that the real Canuck fans woke up at 6am to clean up the mess of idiots right?

Lols he was driven into your goalie and it's not like he could just stop while going at a high speed while having a 180 + lb guy leaning against him. No respect for the sport? Yeah I would say you really hate him already. That's fine he's done his done his job. Better question is why no one stood up for Kipper is something you should be asking.

Personally Sven isn't going to piss me off. I respect his game. Wait you're calling me a ***** behind a screen? Hmmm. Okay...............not going to say anything to get myself an infraction.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:24 AM
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
The Nucks hate for Sven will be greater than ours for Kassian. I think he's a fringe top 6 player at best. I see Rene Bourque/Chris Stewart written all over him with a little more nastiness. Sven will be scoring much more and that will ultimately sting more.

Sucks we lost, but this was our most complete game of the season. I expect a win next game with Hulder and Roman in the lineup.
I see him bottoming out as a Bourque / Stewart. Definitely more skilled than the two you mentioned as closely as I have watched from so far this year.

I agree after watching the Flames the other couple games, it was an entertaining - yet still a bit sloppy - for both sides.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:31 AM
John Bender

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post

Sven was invisible all night and Kassian basically beat the Flames on his own efforts. Odd night to come out with that prediction.

I thought the Canucks dominated most of the night and the Flames capitalized on a couple of miscues and PP's. I think this game and the last one should scare the ever loving **** out of Hartley. The Flames just don't have it yet.

John Bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:51 AM
tfong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orca Smash View Post
Anyway the reason I came here was to ask how come cervenka has not been playing?

Will be interesting in the future, you guys will have cervanka hudler, and we should have kesler, booth back.
He only recently got cleared by the doctors to play, hes probably not game shape ready yet either so they sat him so he can practice and get into shape.

tfong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:12 AM
orcatown

Difference in this game was razor thin. Funny how fluky shoot outs so change change the complexion of different fan bases to the game.

Neither team looks all that good to me.

Weird how Calgary boy Raymond plays all world against the Flames and not do good on other nights. UFA this summer so who knows if he doesn't head back to Calgary.

orcatown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:33 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown View Post
Difference in this game was razor thin. Funny how fluky shoot outs so change change the complexion of different fan bases to the game.

Neither team looks all that good to me.

Weird how Calgary boy Raymond plays all world against the Flames and not do good on other nights. UFA this summer so who knows if he doesn't head back to Calgary.
If Raymond were a centerman then I would think there is a chance, but with being a winger I think the odds are slim with everyone we already have under contract

When it comes to the game play I thought was still sloppy but the Flames played their best game by far, it was miles ahead of the previous 2. Lets hope they keep improving.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:36 AM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the game. Could anyone tell me how the Flames played in regular time and in OT?

TherapyforGlencross is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 07:25 AM
CGYPUKSUX
The No Kool-aid Zone

Quote:
Who out of Iginla,Tanguay,Stempniak,Glencross don't belong? They have 6 of our 7 goals.
Stempniak has been brutal and should have been sent packing. I don't give a **** about who has scored a goal. That would be like saying that Comeau has the same value as Baertschi because they are both scoreless. Frankly, you could take that whole shoot out cast and make them trade bait moving forward and the club would be in a better position. It really is past the time to burn this thing tithe ground.

CGYPUKSUX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:10 AM
Zoombie

Bah I just wish we put a guy in the shootout who might deke. They really need to run shootout drills at the end of practice for fun, if they don't already. And it looked like they don't.
And yeah Flames fans will hate Kassian... I hate that he's on the 'nucks but I do love the game he plays.

Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGYPUKSUX View Post
Stempniak has been brutal and should have been sent packing. I don't give a **** about who has scored a goal. That would be like saying that Comeau has the same value as Baertschi because they are both scoreless. Frankly, you could take that whole shoot out cast and make them trade bait moving forward and the club would be in a better position. It really is past the time to burn this thing tithe ground.
Stempniak has been brutal? He has been one of the Flames best players so far. Comments like this make is sound like you don't even watch them play and you just have these preconceived notions about guys.

I have rarely seen anyone say so much and have so little actually be right.

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote