HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Volchenkov or Tallinder to the caps

Old
01-20-2013, 04:46 PM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Volchenkov or Tallinder to the caps

Tallinder to play with Green
OR
Volchenkov to play with Orlov

Push one of Poti or Hamrlik to 7D, Erskine to 8D, Hillen to Hershey and Schultz to the dark side of the moon.

Assuming Devils are having a logjam and would be looking to deal one of these for roster and salary space, what would it take?

Would something like Perreault and a 2nd/3rd be fair for one or the other? If not, what would need to be added?

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 04:49 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I really like Perreault, can he play wing?

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:02 PM
hlaverty06

Perrault+2nd would do it for me

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:11 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I really like Perreault, can he play wing?
Probably though we use him exclusively at center for the most part. Small shifty guys generally don't have much trouble transferring to wing though.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
AfroThunder396
Certified G

vCash: 835
We do NOT want defensemen/goalies.

Anything else we'll probably accept without too much hesitation. Perreault would be fantastic.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:13 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Also helps for you guys that Oates has a familiarity with both. I'd do something along these lines for sure.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:16 PM
Halpysback*

someone phone the GMs goddamnit.

I'd probably prefer Volchenkov if both are equal opportunity. Tallinder is cheaper and Green is the more important guy to pair up, so logically Tallinder would probably be the better guy to move for, but I feel like Volchenkov-Orlov would be a sight worth seeing.

Old
01-20-2013, 05:24 PM
ssk

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
Also helps for you guys that Oates has a familiarity with both. I'd do something along these lines for sure.
Give us Giliev , Forsberg, and a 3rd 2013. N U CAN HAVE BOTH

ssk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-20-2013, 05:29 PM
Halpysback*

I feel like Volchenkov makes much more sense to move for Jersey as well

-higher salary

-NTC so harder to move overall. If he agrees to go to DC Lou may appreciate the extra flexibility in moving him now and not worrying about it later.

-Tallinder makes more sense as a mentor/partner for Larsson.

All those considered I'd do Perreault + 3rd for Volchenkov.

Old
01-21-2013, 04:05 AM
Acallabeth

I'm in.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:59 AM
MalcontentCapsFan

I like Perreault. One of the few players worth watching on this team. I'd hate to see him dealt when the Caps are so far away from being a even a playoff team. I like Volchenkov and wouldn't mind him here but maybe at Galiev + 2nd and 5th.

MalcontentCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:58 AM
ssk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcontentCapsFan View Post
I like Perreault. One of the few players worth watching on this team. I'd hate to see him dealt when the Caps are so far away from being a even a playoff team. I like Volchenkov and wouldn't mind him here but maybe at Galiev + 2nd and 5th.
That would work.

ssk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 11:59 AM
GM17*

Quote:
yessssssssss bring on the Galievs

GM17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:03 PM
The Green Unit
Lost Cosmonaut

Quote:
Is he NHL ready ? Devils lack of forward depth is a major issue.

The Green Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 12:51 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
Not sure but seems pretty close. Playing in the AHL this year, could probably do spot duty this year, should be ready next year. He's a skilled RW which seems like the Devils' biggest weakpoint.

I'd probably be ok with Galiev and a 2nd or something around there.

Old
01-21-2013, 01:01 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

I think I'd be more interested in Tallinder than Volchenkov with Oates as head coach. If it still was Dale Hunter's team, I'd probably lean the other way. I'd definitely be interested in something around Perreault for Tallinder, but would prefer to wait a few games to get a better read on how Tom Poti is going to play this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashintangibles View Post
No, he's not NHL ready. He's been shuffled back and forth between Hershey and Reading this season. He's put up excellent numbers in the ECHL, and played well in the AHL after his first stint, but hasn't yet put up the points at the AHL level. As a scoring forward, he needs to start producing in the AHL before he can be considered for an NHL job.

He could be ready to be a call-up sometime next season.

Hivemind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:09 PM
Halpysback*

Tallinder fits better in a vacuum but all of our LDs are already various forms of Tallinder. Volchenkov would bring a unique element that would probably pay off in the playoffs when smooth skating and positioning flies out the window in favor of playing the body at every turn. And all his skating deficiencies are more or less negated by the fact that he's extremely conservative and heads back at the first sign of trouble. We'd still have one of Poti or Hamrlik to stick with Green.

Old
01-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Zippy316

Devils need wingers, preferably NHL ready, and preferably on the young side.

I'd be happy with Perreault, I'm guessing Chimera's not an option, he'd be a perfect third liner. Other than that, there's not much on Washington that the Devils would like or Washington would be willing to give up.

I'd certainly due Perreault and a second. The only thing is, if I'm not mistaken, he's more of a skilled forward. I'd prefer the more reliable two-way type like Ponikarovski, Chimera, etc.

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:14 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I'd certainly due Perreault and a second. The only thing is, if I'm not mistaken, he's more of a skilled forward. I'd prefer the more reliable two-way type like Ponikarovski, Chimera, etc.
From what I've seen, he's like Darren Helm-lite. Fast as **** and a decent forechecker, not a ton of offensive ability yet but with some potential there

DKQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:18 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
From what I've seen, he's like Darren Helm-lite. Fast as **** and a decent forechecker, not a ton of offensive ability yet but with some potential there
I thought he was like your really skilled forward like Omark and Tedenby kind of guy, but obviously with a better all-around game and not as much of a perimeter player.

If he can fit as a third liner that can play both ways, then I'm all in. How's his defensive game? Put him with Josefson and they will be flying up and down the ice.

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Volchenkov isnt that great, i'd take a 2nd for him in a heartbeat, if your adding Galiev or Perrault its cake. Get Larsson in there finally.

Zubrus Coffee Maker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:39 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

the Devils should not (and I imagine will not) trade a DMan unless they get a roster forward in return. trading one for picks does nothing for me, I'd rather just keep them all

that said, I like both Perrault and Galiev

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Galiev + Perreault? Perreault + 2nd? Galiev + 2nd? I'd do either.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 03:57 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Galiev + Perreault? Perreault + 2nd? Galiev + 2nd? I'd do either.
Yes, please. Might seem like too much for some on the Caps side, but I'd love that.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 04:58 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I thought he was like your really skilled forward like Omark and Tedenby kind of guy, but obviously with a better all-around game and not as much of a perimeter player.

If he can fit as a third liner that can play both ways, then I'm all in. How's his defensive game? Put him with Josefson and they will be flying up and down the ice.
If you want to peg him I'd say some unholy mixture of Gerbe and Desharnais, though he's bigger than both. Not quite as offensively capable and Desharnais and not quite as willing to check people as Gerbe, but has some playmaking ability and is ridiculously shifty when he gets going. Not slow but not particularly fast either. Consistency has been a big thing for him but he's one of the hardest workers I've seen on the caps in recent memory. His defense is about average, mostly a product of his hard work. He's not a liability at the very least. We just don't really have a need for him with a full roster. Well, we do, but not as critical as Volchenkov or Tallinder would be.

If it's both Perreault and Galiev I'd probably want some project prospect forward back since we'd be getting pretty bare. How much to Devils value Zharkov?