HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Drop-in badminton

Old
01-23-2013, 09:57 AM
Buck Aki Berg
My pockets hurt

vCash: 500
Drop-in badminton

Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a place in town where I can play badminton on a drop-in basis. I used to play in Gatineau with my now-ex girlfriend - the city organized it on certain evenings at certain schools around the city; you'd pay a token amount to play for 30-60 minutes. But I can't seem to find anything equivalent in Ottawa; as far as I've seen, the city's website seems to only link to badminton clubs that want you to pay for an entire season.

Can anybody lend a hand?

Buck Aki Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Smash88

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find a place in town where I can play badminton on a drop-in basis. I used to play in Gatineau with my now-ex girlfriend - the city organized it on certain evenings at certain schools around the city; you'd pay a token amount to play for 30-60 minutes. But I can't seem to find anything equivalent in Ottawa; as far as I've seen, the city's website seems to only link to badminton clubs that want you to pay for an entire season.

Can anybody lend a hand?
The only badminton league i know of is OSSC. The games are drop in style (as in you show up and leave when you want, no fixed partners) but you do pay for 12 weeks (75$)

As far as I'm aware, there is no "pay as you go" style league

Smash88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 11:34 AM
mikachu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Aki Berg View Post

Can anybody lend a hand?
I use to play with a few friends that were on the UOttawa team at Hintonburg Community Center a few years ago but I haven't played in at least 4 years now. I could ask them if they know any but I'm sure most Ottawa community centers have something running. I played volleyball regularly a while back at the Hunt Club CC and remember that there was badminton before our time slot. Just call your local one and see if they have badminton on certain days/day.

mikachu is offline   Reply With Quote