HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 10:12 PM
birddog*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
That looks highly unlikely to me. That is three first round picks.

Washington is actually a really good trading partner. They have some very good forward draft picks who will step into their lineup in the next couple of years. Also, one of their goalies would make a nice backup for us. I think they will keep Holtby.

Johansson + Neuvirth + 1st round pick
The pick can be conditional. This year or next.
Won;t get that for Lou.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Call it done for me.
We have a deal.

To Canucks

Ashton

Colborne

Leafs 1st in 2014

To Leafs

Lui

Old
01-24-2013, 10:13 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
How about Aston Colborne and the Leafs 1st in 2014 (not this years)
I would do this if the pick was top 10 protected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Can't believe Leaf fans still won't realize that their goalies aren't NHL quality #1's. Tonight's spanking is only the first of many until the team gets a true #1 guy. I heard Luongo was available.
I don't think any one is saying that Reimer/Scrivens is ideal. Leafs fans are just saying the asking price for Luongo when it involves Bozak, Kadri or Gardiner is too much. Leafs would rather pass, tank this season and figure out another solution to the goaltending problems rather than trade away one of those three. You can hardly blame Leafs fans for not wanting to give up young talented players for a vet when they're not contenders.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:14 PM
Co Ho*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
Come on, that's not when they first started trying to move Luongo more like late April after the Canucks were eliminated in the playoffs and he'd lost the starters job. There was talk of him being traded at the draft and through last summer and the lockout. GM's have had the chance to talk trade for a long time now and if anybody was going to meet the asking price it would have happened by now. Nobody is going to take on that contract and give up anything of value. You might get a guy who's a UFA at the end of the year at the deadline from a team that's looking like they'll miss the playoffs, beyond that it's going to be marginal prospects. There is no good deal that is suddenly going to pop up.

Provide me with some links or evidence that we tried to move Luongo right after we lost to LA in the playoffs. If you can't provide some concrete evidence, it's just your opinion which means absolutely nothing.

Yes, there was talk of moving him, but you cannot say it's been almost a year, when it's been about 7 months, without a CBA for half of that time.

Also, thanks for providing your invaluable insight on how Luongo isn't worth anything. You seem to have a lot of credible, insider sources to be making such bold and adamant statements. Who is providing all this secret information about Luongo trades to you?

I'll have fun quoting this post once a deal is finally done

Old
01-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
We have a deal.

To Canucks

Ashton

Colborne

Leafs 1st in 2014

To Leafs

Lui
That's pretty terrible for a contending team. 2 b-prospects and a likely late 1st two years from now is virtually useless to us.

Old
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
I would do this if the pick was top 10 protected.

I don't think any one is saying that Reimer/Scrivens is ideal. Leafs fans are just saying the asking price for Luongo when it involves Bozak, Kadri or Gardiner is too much. Leafs would rather pass, tank this season and figure out another solution to the goaltending problems rather than trade away one of those three. You can hardly blame Leafs fans for not wanting to give up young talented players for a vet when they're not contenders.
With Luongo and all the cap we have, if we finished bottom 10 in 2014...we should quit.

Old
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
Luongo to Washington (A5)
Ha ha

I agree that Washington would be a good trading partner. I don't think they are panicking quite yet 3 games in, but it's okay to speculate.

To be fair, their team isn't just having goalie issues. They aren't scoring much either.

Old
Anth93

How people are still discussing Luongo to the Leafs is beyond me. You actually think that for one second the Leafs would give up forward value or one of their two bright dmen for Luongo? They currently have Macarthur and Bozak on their top line and are in perfect position to secure a top 5 pick.

Keep discussing this potential deal all you want, but you're beating a dead horse. It isn't happening with all signs leading to a potential Mackinnon pick up.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:17 PM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
I don't know. Watching the Leafs and Washington tonight, one of those teams needs a goalie who can stop a puck. That was pretty deflating for the Leafs who looked to be playing well.
The Leafs have nothing worthwhile they'd be willing to trade so sure you can make a deal but dont expect anything that will help in the short term.

Colborne and a 2nd?

I doubt there is any team out there willing to give up anything significant to get a deal done. Maybe the Flyers, they were crazy enough to sign Bryzgalov to that contract so they just might be stupid enough to buy him out and then trade for Luongo. He'd probably flop and they'd use their second buyout on him the next summer.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:18 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
With Luongo and all the cap we have, if we finished bottom 10 in 2014...we should quit.
Luongo could get injured, the sky could fall, you never know. After the Kessel trade I wouldn't deal a first without it at least being top 5 protected.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallHockeyLegend View Post
Luongo could get injured, the sky could fall, you never know. After the Kessel trade I wouldn't deal a first without it at least being top 5 protected.
Unless it's a first overall...Ashton,Colborne and a mystery pick is a steal.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:22 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
The Leafs have nothing worthwhile they'd be willing to trade so sure you can make a deal but dont expect anything that will help in the short term.

Colborne and a 2nd?

I doubt there is any team out there willing to give up anything significant to get a deal done. Maybe the Flyers, they were crazy enough to sign Bryzgalov to that contract so they just might be stupid enough to buy him out and then trade for Luongo. He'd probably flop and they'd use their second buyout on him the next summer.
You're entitled to your opinion. Obviously I disagree but fans tend to underate the value of a reliable goalie. GM's don't. Especially those who like to keep their jobs.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:24 PM
MuchoMacho

Quote:
Agree to disagree then, I'd only do it if it was top 10 protected. If Leafs get Luongo and everythnig works out, it's not a top 10 pick. If Luongo goes to the leafs and it doesn't work out, then the deal wasn't worth the pick in the first place in my opinion. Canucks fans are guaranteeing the Leafs playoffs with Luongo, so putting their money where their mouth is shouldn't be a problem.

Old
StringerBell

Quote:
We have a deal.

To Canucks

Ashton

Colborne

Leafs 1st in 2014

To Leafs

Lui
No, we don't.

Old
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
That's pretty terrible for a contending team. 2 b-prospects and a likely late 1st two years from now is virtually useless to us.
This is a good deal for the Canucks. In fact, its an excellent deal for us. Schroeder was drafted 22nd. Kesler 23rd. Schneider 24th and Jensen 29th.

Both Ashton and Colborne can be turned into solid pros. No they aint going to be Crosby's . But solid pros. Eveyr team needs guys like Hansen. I bet with proper development they both pan out as serviceable pros.

This is a good deal for the leafs. They get SOLID goaltending and valuable playoff experience for the leafs for years. Luongo can be a solid NHL calibre goalie for 5 years with a decent back up to take the full load off.

This is a deal BOTH teams win and we end the saga. I take the deal as a Canuck and leafs fan.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
How people are still discussing Luongo to the Leafs is beyond me. You actually think that for one second the Leafs would give up forward value or one of their two bright dmen for Luongo? They currently have Macarthur and Bozak on their top line and are in perfect position to secure a top 5 pick.

Keep discussing this potential deal all you want, but you're beating a dead horse. It isn't happening with all signs leading to a potential Mackinnon pick up.
I actual have taken to scanning past any Leafs and Canucks trade posts (about 90%+ of all posts). What is the point? The only pieces that Canucks fans truly like are Rielly. Gardiner, 1st Round Pick and Kadri. No Leafs fan has any interest in trading them. Insults flow and garbage is offered. It's a worthless stupid circular debate. Teams, players, GMs and fans keep getting insulted. Why bother getting involved.

With the Canucks locking up Edler, the top 4 are under contract for 4 years. That pretty much takes the D prospects off the wish list as well.

I see any trade as a backup goalie, top six forward and a pick/prospect at this point.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:27 PM
Petes2424

Quote:

Yep.. And after that fiasco of a game tonight, Roberto Luongo couldnt have saved them. I understand they've played 3 in 4 but talk about just shutting down after the first period... ugh

Old
01-24-2013, 10:29 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Read the last bunch of pages, there have been multiple Nucks fans stating Luongo won't come here.

That and your GM has a deal in place with a team that is not TO.

Guess he isn't coming to TO...right?
Even if Luongo didn't want to go there before, he may later on if he realizes Florida isn't going to happen.

Gillis doesn't have a deal in place. There were other moving parts that have yet to be sorted and maybe never are.

Toronto is still in the market for a goalie and the Canucks still have one available. So yes, he could be going to Toronto, among a handful of other teams.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
This is a good deal for the Canucks. In fact, its an excellent deal for us. Schroeder was drafted 22nd. Kesler 23rd. Schneider 24th and Jensen 29th.

Both Ashton and Colborne can be turned into solid pros. No they aint going to be Crosby's . But solid pros. Eveyr team needs guys like Hansen. I bet with proper development they both pan out as serviceable pros.

This is a good deal for the leafs. They get SOLID goaltending and valuable playoff experience for the leafs for years. Luongo can be a solid NHL calibre goalie for 5 years with a decent back up to take the full load off.

This is a deal BOTH teams win and we end the saga. I take the deal as a Canuck and leafs fan.

Toughen up dude.

Youre only happy with this trade because you want the torture of watching the "saga" to end.

Never let emotions get in the way of business.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:39 PM
mstad101

Quote:

Colbourne isn't even a solid pro in MINORS. To say be can even sniff Hansen's jock strap at this point is beyond delusional. The guy is softer than Mason Raymond with a broken back. I've seen Butter hold up better than Colbourne.

Ashton is another meh winger who will never see the NHL on a contending team who has a better younger and just as experienced player in Jensen who projects to be better at every aspect of the game of hockey.

A first two seasons down the road doesn't help a contending team win now. I just don't understand how you can try to justify such a terrible deal.
If either of these players are involved in a Luongo deal, it'll be to offset contract numbers when we dump an even worse and higher paid player on the Leafs. Which is about as likely as the Leafs having a number one goalie this season.

Carlyle said today he wants a checking line, yet continued to play the Grabovski line against JT. Leafs lost horribly. The Leafs are not a team who can afford to run with three scoring lines and no goaltender, I don't care if your team play badly as a whole tonight. Common sense dictates that a team who runs that type of system usually has a solid goaltender who can hold the fort while the team plays an offensive style. IE Luongo.

Hell I'll take Grabovski straight up, the Leafs can continue to run Kadri in the middle, keep the legendary Bozak and call up Connolly to fill a centre role.
Vancouver gets a solid but unspectacular offensive centre who is decent defensively and can sub in while Kesler recovers to 100% and can be the set up guy on the 2nd PP unit.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Rocky-

Interesting the laughing and snide comments after game 1 have changed.
Actually if I was the Leafs I probably wouldn't trade for Luongo either but Leaf problems go a lot deeper than goaltending. Luongo would give you a chance to make the playoffs though and anything is possible once there. Where are the Leafs- lot of Leaf fans wanting to come 30th this year- draft MacKinnon and hope for glory days in 2014 and beyond. Probability is continued years of missing the playoffs. My thought is building a winner starts at the top. I like Nonis- but.....maybe I'm wrong. As to dealing Luongo- someone will bite as pressure grows. MacArthur and a 2nd won't do it. I'm not sure what will but it will be at least one of Gardner, Reilly, Kadri or an unprotected 1rst along with another decent piece. More likely it is a different team- music to the ears of those who don't want Luongo. Be careful though- you might just get what you wish for. Good Luck.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:43 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

Agreed.

Not to mention there is not much Vancouver would really want.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
In what world?

That's horrible, like dreadful.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Propaganda Minister

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
In what world?

That's horrible, like dreadful.
That's what he just said...