HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
It's not that i don't want Luongo in TO...i actually would welcome it. It is and always has been the cost to aquire.
With what happened with Connolly and Lombardi, I doubt they have the depth to deal the pieces to get Luongo at this time

Old
01-25-2013, 10:54 AM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Bombarded was the wrong term to use, I meant that a new team shouldn't be on/off as an option almost on a nightly basis.
Agreed. I think the Leafs have huge goaltending issues based on the last few years of goaltending and based on the resumes of both Reimer and Scrivens. Not based on last night's game. I also agree that they may find it difficult to part with the assets vancouver needs.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:55 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
With what happened with Connolly and Lombardi, I doubt they have the depth to deal the pieces to get Luongo at this time
Connolly can be called up so we could deal a center (Bozak). It's just the asking price (rumoured) is to high. I would have done Kadri,Bozak and a pick preseason when i thought Kadri was going to play wing. But the kid has 3 goals and 5 points in 4 games at center playing only 9ish minutes.

I would actually consider dealing our 1st for Luongo....but wouldn't add a whole lot to it.

Old
01-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Agreed. I think the Leafs have huge goaltending issues based on the last few years of goaltending and based on the resumes of both Reimer and Scrivens. Not based on last night's game. I also agree that they may find it difficult to part with the assets vancouver needs.
Trying not to sound like an azz....nobody seems prepared to give what Gillis feels he "needs". And speaking for myself, i am well aware of what we have in Reimer/Scrivens. I have never heralded either as a solid starter.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:01 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Trying not to sound like an azz....nobody seems prepared to give what Gillis feels he "needs". And speaking for myself, i am well aware of what we have in Reimer/Scrivens. I have never heralded either as a solid starter.
We'll see. This is not an easy deal. I don't really buy the notion that because there is no deal Gillis is asking too much. These deals take time.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:10 AM
doorman

Quote:
Not a fan of Thomas, but how do you figure Lou schools your other three goalies named? stats are pretty comparable for the most part, but Ward and his Stanley Cup ring is a trump card, IMO
The bolded is my response.

Ryan Miller's Vezina isn't bad either.[/QUOTE]

Very true but I would rather be Cam Ward Stanely Cup/Conn Smythe winner the Ryan miller Vezina trophy winner, just saying...lol

Old
01-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Zoombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
We'll see. This is not an easy deal. I don't really buy the notion that because there is no deal Gillis is asking too much. These deals take time.
Gillis may not be asking too much, he may be asking "fair value" for a high caliber goaltender (which RL is). However, there aren't any teams in a position now to give up fair market price, so in this sense I do feel he is asking too much. (ie: the teams that could take him don't have (or are unwilling) to move the assets it would cost) His value will likely be higher at the trade deadline, but will there be anyone looking to give up "fair value" assets at that time or does Van risk keeping him another year?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:16 AM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgarath View Post
Not a fan of Thomas, but how do you figure Lou schools your other three goalies named? stats are pretty comparable for the most part, but Ward and his Stanley Cup ring is a trump card, IMO
dont care who is better between ward/lu but you telling me that the 4 cup rings that dave samenko has makes him a better player than mats sundin? reread your post that is what you said, maybe not what you meant but it is what you said bud[/QUOTE]

See, if that's how you want to look at it fine, you are entitled to. It is not what i said. We were asked by him to compare specific players,that Lou schools, so I am pointing out that one of those comparables is a cup winner. IMO, that counts, if doesn't to you that's fine.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:26 AM
skg

Quote:
Connolly can be called up so we could deal a center (Bozak). It's just the asking price (rumoured) is to high. I would have done Kadri,Bozak and a pick preseason when i thought Kadri was going to play wing. But the kid has 3 goals and 5 points in 4 games at center playing only 9ish minutes.

I would actually consider dealing our 1st for Luongo....but wouldn't add a whole lot to it.
You seem pretty reasonable....for a leafs fan :>

Here's another scenario. What if a deal for Luongo had already been agreed upon this past offseason but Luongo said no? Gillis gives Burke permission to talk to Luongo to try and persuade him, fails and promptly gets fired. Nonis, being his former GM, is hired and the ball is in his court to see if can convince Lu to waive his NTC.

Interested to see what you thoughts are if this was the case,

Old
01-25-2013, 11:29 AM
KaraLupin
카라

How does Luongo & Raymond for Hemsky & Gagner sound?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Maybe Gillis has oodles of offers that the 'value' is there, just not the specific target....sort of plays into what the Vancouver Sun article said....

Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
Nuckles
On the IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraLupin View Post
Bad for the Canucks.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Old
01-25-2013, 11:36 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorman View Post
dont care who is better between ward/lu but you telling me that the 4 cup rings that dave samenko has makes him a better player than mats sundin? reread your post that is what you said, maybe not what you meant but it is what you said bud
See, if that's how you want to look at it fine, you are entitled to. It is not what i said. We were asked by him to compare specific players,that Lou schools, so I am pointing out that one of those comparables is a cup winner. IMO, that counts, if doesn't to you that's fine.[/QUOTE]

So since Lu has been to the finals, he's better than Lundqvist and Rinne....is that right?

Of Stanley Cups automatically make you a good goalie? Like Osgood is better than Joseph, Ward and Niemi are better than Lundqvist and Luongo.

I don't believe that is the case.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post

Here's another scenario. What if a deal for Luongo had already been agreed upon this past offseason but Luongo said no? Gillis gives Burke permission to talk to Luongo to try and persuade him, fails and promptly gets fired. Nonis, being his former GM, is hired and the ball is in his court to see if can convince Lu to waive his NTC.

If this scenario was real, i'm not sure what Nonis would tell him that Burke didn't. If he doesn't want to come here....he just doesn't.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Value might be there, but I have no doubts, Gillis is targetting bigger, more durable players.

These guys are not the target.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
I'd be okay with it.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Quick question for Canuck's fans.

For the sake of stopping the Leafs/Nucks fans pissin' contest.....do you feel Luongo would waive for TO?
of course

i fear you've been bogged down in discussions with our trolls
know how that feels, the other way, of course

Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
kihei

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcanuck View Post
Once Luongo finally gets traded and it's not to the Leafs, Toronto will regret it IMHO.

They will probably make the playoffs in a year or 2 but they will be like the Canucks of the early 2000s. Great team but shaky goaltending, and by the time you do find a goaltender, you dont have that winning core anymore.

I dont see a starter in either Scrivens or Reimer. Toronto could trade for Bernier but he is also a young unproven goaltender and his price isnt going to be less expensive than Luongo who is a proven all-star goaltender.

It's funny how people from Toronto believes Luongo wont be able to fetch a bluechip prospect. He's one of the most consistent goaltenders in the NHL, his playoff meltdowns are overblown because of the fact that he plays for the Canucks.

Oh well, WSH and FLA could use a goaltender anyways
Again fellas, thanks so much for the concern.

I wouldn't say it is impossible for Luongo to nab you a semi-blue chip prospect, but if he does, I doubt he will land you much else, if anything. Your best bet is with a contender that gets an injury to a starting goalie and/or gets desperate or impatient. Likely deal might be good, not great, forward or defenseman, good but not blue chip prospect (somebody's resident Joe Colborne-type), 2nd or 3rd round draft pick, plus the Canucks eat a healthy chunk of that dilly of a contract. The more desperate the team, the better the deal perhaps, so patience is a virtue.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
If you can sell them on it...I've been pushing for it, and they've replied with Gagner, MPS and a 2nd.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:41 AM
Linden*
[hello] :)

Quote:

If the Leafs had really wanted Luongo, I would think that Connolly would of stayed on the team, at least to raise his value or see if he can handle replacing whomever gets traded. Lombardi would probably still be there as well IMHO. I wouldn't take a first with a small +, but I'm scared someone from my fanbase will because "The 2013 draft is the greatest thing since 2003" and junk like that. I would want a roster player as well, and if the Leafs go for Luongo, I think they would still need their forward core as it is right now to go for the playoffs and do damage in it

Old
01-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
of course

i fear you've been bogged down in discussions with our trolls
know how that feels, the other way, of course
Ok, so with most fans (Nucks) not wanting Bozak.....and most fans (Leafs) not wanting to deal Kadri/Gardiner.....that leaves our 1st. So, i'm offering our 1st completely unprotected....what else?

Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
Don't do that, makes Canuck fans look dumb...

Schneider is our #1...the first game of the season will screw with his stats all year.

These are his #'s so far 4.57GAA and 0.860 SV%.
damn that was awesome, thanks for doing that!

Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
doorman

Quote:
Originally Posted by skg View Post

I have for the most part not had a problem with LiferLeafers trade proposals, though we do differ a bit. You didn't ask for it but here if my thoughts. I do NOT want Loungo if he has to be persuded and convinced to play for the Leafs. While not all fans are reasonable(neither are all Nucks fans for the record) we as you are passionate about our team. He is going to a city that loves it team, as does yours, not gonna split hairs about fanbases, though we can if people want to. If he WANTS to be a GOD in T.O. great, all the more reason to consider trading for him. If he has to be convinced, well move along and best of luck to him, no hard feelings.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
If the Leafs had really wanted Luongo, I would think that Connolly would of stayed on the team, at least to raise his value or see if he can handle replacing whomever gets traded. Lombardi would probably still be there as well IMHO. I wouldn't take a first with a small +, but I'm scared someone from my fanbase will because "The 2013 draft is the greatest thing since 2003" and junk like that. I would want a roster player as well, and if the Leafs go for Luongo, I think they would still need their forward core as it is right now to go for the playoffs and do damage in it
Even if we moved Bozak....that leaves Connolly,Grabo,Kadri,McClement and Steckel, we'd manage.

Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Ok, so with most fans (Nucks) not wanting Bozak.....and most fans (Leafs) not wanting to deal Kadri/Gardiner.....that leaves our 1st. So, i'm offering our 1st completely unprotected....what else?
If an unprotected 1st is coming back I wouldn't be looking for much more. I've been sour on Bozak throughout this whole ordeal, but I would take those two assets for Luongo I think. I think the better way to go about this would be, what else are you willing to part with along with the 1st?

Closed Thread